Honey and Bees (29.11.2020)

Drabble

Double quotes are text messages.


 

“Tae, I’ll be a bit late, maybe 10 – 20 minutes.”

“Ok, I’ll wait for you at the café. See you soon.”

 


 

I am minding my own business, checking my SNS accounts on my phone, while waiting to meet up with Tiffany. A few people stop by to put drinks on my table but before I can look up and see who put it there, they already left. I don’t feel the need to look at the drinks, I could see some writings on the cups.

 

I hear the sound of clicking heels heading my way, I look up to see her and greet her ‘Hi!’ But instead of a greeting, she replied with ‘What is all this? Did you order without me?’ I can hear and see the jealousy. ‘No, I haven’t ordered yet.’ She look at the cups and said ‘I can’t even leave you alone in public and people are swarming to you like bees. I replied to her, ‘Babe, let’s order our food.’ I stand up, grab her arm and head towards the cashier.

 

After she ordered our drinks and food, she asks the people from the café to clear the tables and give away the drinks on our table. She refuse when I want to pay for our food, she says she’s buying today.

 

Once we are seated across each other, ‘Hey… babe. Sorry about that.’

 

‘You don’t have to be sorry. I clearly can see you are beautiful, it’s just it happens every time I leave you.’

 

‘Should I start dressing like a hobo?’

 

‘Whatever you wear you still look good.’ She smiles.

 

‘Finally that beautiful smile. I’ll always be your honey and you’ll be my bee.’

 

She shakes her head. ‘Too cringy?’ We end up laughing cause it’s too cheesy.

 


 

A/N: Stay safe.