Flamingo

Drabble

 

As I heard shuffling on the floor, not leaving my eyes from the TV. I greet her ‘Hey, good morning.’ All I gets in reply is a grunt. I feel the sofa dip and was immediately engulf in a cuddle by my favorite person in the world. ‘You still sleepy?’ ‘Hhmmm..’ ‘Just sleep, we can just stay home today, order take outs and be lazy.’ I kissed her head and didn’t get a reply but instead I hear soft breathing and her snores. I lay her down on the sofa

 

I went about the apartment and do some chores, doing the laundry and changing the sheets. I ordered some take out, while waiting for the food to be delivered; I sat down on the floor, with my back against the sofa, in front of the sleeping beauty, reading my book. Half an hour later I heard her mumble something in her sleep. A few minute later, a yawn, a stretch and a hand on my hair, her fingers caressing my hair. ‘I’m hungry.’ I replied ‘The food should be here in a few minutes, go wash your face and brush your teeth.’ The doorbell rang; I rose to my feet, took my wallet and open the door. As I walk back to the living room it was empty. I leave the food on the coffee table and went to the kitchen to get the utensils, 2 plates and 2 bottle of water.

 

As I make my way back to the living room, I saw her taking out the food from the plastic bag and arranging it. ‘Thanks for doing the laundry and changing the sheets.’ I put the things on the table. As I took a seat next to her I was rewarded with a kiss on the lips. I could taste the mint from the toothpaste. As we release each other I said, ‘Lets eat.’ We eat our food while watching TV and once in a while she’ll take some food and put it on my plate and sometime she’ll feed me. I do the same to her. When we finish eating, she opens the water bottle and gave it to me. I thank her, she just smile and wink at me.

 

I was ready to stand up but I feel her hand on my arm and pull me down. I gave her a look and she said ‘I will clear the table, put the left over in the fridge and do the dishes.’ I just nod at her. She pat my thigh ‘Just rest, read your book or watch TV. I will be back.’ Not long after, I hear her make her way towards me. I look up from my book and she smile at me. She took a seat and ask me ‘What do you want to do, should we go out, take a walk, anything?’ I told her ‘Lets just stay in, do that puzzle or build that Lego.’ ‘Yes to the building Lego or that Nano block’ she nods her head. ‘What is a Nano block?’ ‘Nano block is like Lego but the block are much, much smaller.’ ‘Aaahh, ok.’ I saw her heading towards the bedroom, getting the Nano blocks; most of it is a gift from fans and a few she bought during one of our overseas trip.

 

Its been more than 10 minutes, where is that girl? I make my way towards the bedroom, to see her sitting on the floor with scattered gifts; picking it one by one and then putting it back down. ‘Tae what are you doing?’ ‘Huh? Uh, I don’t know which ones to pick; should we do the animals first or the buildings.’ ‘Its all up to you babe, the only thing that matters to me is that we spend our time together, and that is enough for me. So shall we?’ She beam me her smile that shows her chin dimple, ‘Lets do the building first, the London bridge, the Eiffel Tower and the Taipei 101 building since we both been there.’ ‘Ok let’s go and do this on the coffee table in the living room, we need some space.’ I held out my palm towards her and she gladly took it; I pull her up and she took the three boxes in her other free hand.

 

We sat on the floor next to each other. She put down the boxes on the coffee table. She grabs the Eiffel Tower box. ‘Lets do this first.’ While opening the package, taking out the plastic wrappers and the manual out of the box. She look at the paper and said, ‘This should be easy to follow. It gives step by step instructions and what blocks we need.’ ‘Ok, I will help you by putting out the blocks that you will need for each step, while you do the assembling.’ ‘Yeay! Lets do this.’

 

It took us 45 minutes to complete it, since the blocks are tiny as well as the little confusion we have during assembling some parts; where we had to re-do the steps. It was fun to see Taeyeon enjoying herself. Seeing her pout and sometimes she scrunch her eyebrows together in concentration. ‘Fany.. we did it. Its too cute.’ ‘It is cute.’ ‘Can we do another one?’ ‘Of course, which one do you want to do first? Take your pick.’ ‘London bridge please~~’ I took the box and open it. I give her the paper, while I unpack the blocks. She shows me what blocks are needed so she can start building it. This time around it took us around half an hour since we get the hang of it. ‘We are done.’ ‘Do you want to do the last one too?’ ‘Maybe later, I need to take a shower first. You can do it, if you want to.’ ‘Really? But can I try a different one, maybe something smaller and simpler.’ ‘Lets go and look for it’ she signal to me to follow her to the bedroom. She squat down and try to look at the boxes on the floor, ‘How about animals or figurines?’ ‘Does it say how many pieces of blocks are in it?’ ‘Hhmmm.. nope the box didn’t indicate how many blocks are in it. Just give it a try and I’ll help you out if you get stuck, ok?’ ‘Ok, I’ll try the flamingo.’ ‘Pink? Why am I not surprise? Fany Fany Tippany the Pink Monsta.’ ‘Yah~~~~ TaeTae. Stop teasing.’ while I shove her. ‘Why? You are the Pink Monsta, even the fans knew you took anything pink that fans gave me.’ She pouts. ‘Aawwww.. ok fine. I’ll stop teasing, you can go do the blocks and I’ll go freshen up.’  

 


Thank you for reading, welcome new subscriber Dorkyeontiff and lim_89.

Leave a comment or not. Spazzing about TaeNy is highly recommended.

 

A/N: How is everyone? Are you ok? Well I'm referring to all the TaeNy goodness in heart_a_tag show.

Till next time.