Sleep

Drabble

‘Tae~~ the food is here’ Tiffany called out after paying the delivery guy. ‘Ok, be right there’ she replied, as she’s busy typing her thesis that is due soon. She’s been working hard, sleeping at 2am and sometimes 4am. It really took a toll on her, that she felt a bit guilty that she has been neglecting her other half.

 

I didn’t realize how long I was typing on the laptop when I felt the sofa dip. I felt a nudge on my arm and turn my head to see Tiffany’s sad face. I can only raise my eyebrow to signal to her, what is wrong. ‘I was waiting for you, can you stop for a few minutes so we can have dinner together.’ I can feel the guilt overwhelm me. I save the document, put the laptop on the coffee table and pat her thigh, smile at her and voice out ‘Ok, let’s eat.’

 

I stand up and held my hand out to her, immediately she take it and we walk side by side, with her hugging my arm to the dining table in the kitchen. I saw that she already set the table, the food is serve and the sight of our eating utensils side by side, hers in pink and mine in blue, it makes me smile. We take our seat; I said my thanks to her for setting the table, ordering the food and reward her with a kiss on her cheek. I see her face lit up and she gave me her eye smile.

 

As we eat dinner, we have small talk and ask her what she’s been doing while I was busy. She told me that she rearrange the clothes in our wardrobe, read her novels and do some shopping online. I smile when she said shopping and asked ‘How much damage did you do?’ She replied defensively ‘What? I use my own credit card and I even buy something for you.’ ‘Ok, relax babe. I was just kidding. So what did you get me?’ as I bump our shoulders. ‘Well.. It’s a surprise. You’ll have to wait for it to be delivered.’ with a smirk on her face. I can hardly wait for my surprise gift.

 

‘If you are done with dinner, you can continue with your work. I’ll just clean up.’ she start to stack the dirty dishes and put it in the sink. ‘I can help you with the dishes.’ and I stand up. ‘Its ok, I can manage, all I have to do is just rinse the dishes and put it in the dish washer.’ ‘Are you sure, Tiff?’ ‘Yeah. Go and do your work, maybe I can get you to sleep early tonight.’ ‘Sleep?’ I wiggle my eyebrows to her. ‘Yes Tae sleep, as in sleep.’ I was push by the shoulder, out of the kitchen and into the living room, and again being push down onto the sofa, given a sweet kiss on the lips and then handed my laptop. ‘Go back to work.’ ‘Thanks for dinner. I will make it up to you once I’m done with this thesis.’

 


Thank you for reading and welcome new subscriber suejue.

Leave a comment or not. Spazzing about TaeNy is highly recommended.

A/N: I love these two people with all my heart. Too mushy? Just bear with me. Happy TaeNy Day to my fellow Locksmith. Believe in TaeNy.

On another note, I have an eye infection, so I was given 3 days off by the doctor. My eyes are so itchy its really hard not to rub it. The advice from the doctor is to wash my hands regularly and no shaking hands with people. Uh well is not like I'm going out of the house. Till next time.