Something New (27.06.19)

Drabble

Double quotes are phone conversation.

 

"Hi Tiff. Just want to check up on you. How are you?"

 

"I’m ok, keeping myself busy with work."

 

"You’ll be fine, just don’t overdo it."

 

"I know."

 

"So, I was thinking how about I take you out on Friday?"

 

"I’m not in a mood to go out."

 

"You might meet someone new, a new friend perhaps, who knows."

 

"I can’t really, I have to go to Germany for a meeting."

 

"Really? When is your flight? Send me the details, your itenary."

 

"Why would I do that?"

 

"I might want to keep you company."

 

"Don’t you have work to do? I heard one of your artists is making a comeback."

 

"I can delegate the task to my team, they are capable to work with little supervision. Pack your bags, I’ll see you at the airport."

 

"You are seriously coming with me?"

 

"Yes, of course, email me the details so I can make arrangements."

 

 

At the hotel after the meeting

 

‘So, Tiff, now that you’re done with work, let’s enjoy our weekend.’

 

‘I’m tired Sunny, I’ll pass and it’s Friday.’

 

‘Just this once, come on Tiff. I hear there’s some kind of music festival going on. We’ll just walk around see the sights, sound and also get some food. If you don’t like it, I’ll let you rest. Please~~~’ I put both my hands together begging her.

 

‘Fine…. Promise me, you’ll let me go and no more whining.’

 

‘Yes, I promise, hurry up I happen to know where exactly the festival is.’

 

At the park.

 

‘They are a lot of people in this park Sunny.’

 

‘Yeah I guess they are all watching and listening to music plus the weather is great.’

 

‘Wait, are you working right now? I mean are you here looking for new talent for your company?’

 

‘What?! No, I told you I’m here to keep you company and coincidentally there’s a music festival. Do I hear a Korean song?’

 

‘Yeah I hear it too, what’s that song, Time spent something.’

 

‘Oh, it’s Time spent walking through memories. Let’s go and find it, they must be close by.’

 

We finally arrive where the Korean song is belting out from the speakers. I finally see who the singer is, a blonde lady. ‘Hey Sunny, this is live right, it’s not a recording.’ We took a seat amongst the crowd of people.

 

‘Yes, its live, wait that’s Taeyeon.’

 

‘Who?’ I try to look at where Sunny is pointing at.

 

‘Yah! She’s the famous female Korean soloist.’

 

‘She’s good, oh she’s singing Adele’s song.’

 

‘I look forward to this one, it’s going to be a treat. She sings with her heart.’

 

‘Wow! Sunny she nailed it, even the high notes.’

 

‘I told you she’s famous for her voice, you should check out her Instagram. Where’s your phone?’ I hand over my phone to Sunny, she opens the Instagram app, search and click on a few more buttons. ‘Done, you’re officially following her now.’ She places my phone on my lap.

 

I wasn’t paying attention to Sunny, I was watching the blonde girl named Taeyeon. She’s cute and pretty too but how does that big voice come out of a petite person. The song Is over, they are getting ready to leave.

 

Sunny suddenly stands up ‘Hey Tiff, I think I saw the make-up artist I previously work with, let’s meet them before they leave.’ We walk towards the group and we reach the person that Sunny recognize. ‘Unnie.. no wonder you can’t work with my artist, you’re here with Taeyeon.’

 

‘Sunny. What are you doing here?’

 

‘I’m with my friend, this is Tiffany.’ She introduces us. ‘Can you tell me, where you’re going next?’

 

I wasn’t paying attention, somehow, I’m looking at the blonde interacting with the others and at one point our eyes met and she smiles at me. Oh my god. I return the smile and nod my head. Suddenly I feel a hand on my wrist and heading closer and closer towards the blonde. What is going on?

 

‘Taengoo I like you to meet, CEO Sunny and her friend.’

 

‘Hello I’m Tiffany. I don’t have my card with me, sorry.’

 

‘Hi, I’m Taeyeon. Nice to meet you.’ She smiles and held out her hand for a handshake, I was ready to bow to her. Her hands are soft. ‘Did you enjoy the songs?’ She asks, while still maintaining eye contact with me.

 

‘Yes, the cover song, the Korean one is one of my favorite song and the Adele song. Wow!’

 

I am immediately rewarded with a big smile. ‘Thank you, glad to know you enjoyed it.

 

‘Hey Tiff,’ I am nudged by Sunny ‘I think you can let go of her hand now.’

 

‘Oh…, sorry.’ OMG OMG OMG that is embarrassing.

 

‘No worries,’ suddenly one of the crew whispers in her ear ‘Sorry we have to go.’ She points her thumb towards the others. ‘Hope to see you again.’ She gives a little wave, turn around and walk towards the others.

 

‘Bye.’

 

‘So, Tiff, what do you want to do next?’

 

‘Well maybe get something to drink and grab some food, to go if you want or we can follow her.’

 

‘Her? You mean Taeyeon? So, does that mean something new is going to happen?’

 

‘How could you even think that, you just tell me that she’s famous, what are the odds we’ll see each other again, apart from seeing her on stage and me in the audience.’

 

‘Well you never know, if it’s fate it’ll happen even when you think it’s impossible.’

 

‘The only something new that’s happening is I’m definitely a fan.’

 


 

A/N: Hello everyone. Sorry I haven’t been able to update frequently but thank you for all the new subscribers, welcome. Please don’t expect much, lower your expectations. Happy TaeNy Day to all. I miss TaeNy. I just wish that they can meet each other, so Taeyeon can feel better. I’m still waiting for the SONE Ace kit to arrive. Till next time, be safe and keep supporting SNSD / GG.