Misunderstood I

Drabble

Tiffany knows that she's beautiful because she always get ask out by people, from both male and female, even when she's not looking to get into a relationship anytime soon. She is just enjoying her single life and love spending her free time with her friends, just like any other woman her age. Even when she were out with her friends, people would come and ask her for her number, she will politely decline their offer and sometime her friends will be the one to help her out.

 

One day, she wanted to go out and call out her friends but sadly none of them are available to accompany her on her outing. She decided to just head out on her own, walking around at the shopping mall. She have lunch at one of the restaurant, took a seat near the window so she can look at people while enjoying her food. While she was eating, she was approach by a guy asking for her number. As usual she have to decline his offer, telling him a little white lie, saying that she is no longer available, with a slumped shoulder, he left her table. After she finishes her food and paying for it, she wanted to just head home since the guy ruins her mood.

 

As she make her way to head out of the mall, her eyes caught something on one of the store window, she went into the store to have a look and maybe enquire about the item that caught her eye. She did get her hand on that pink bag. There is a spring in her step as she walk out the store and proceed to make her way out of the mall. She only had one foot out of the mall door, when she heard some one said 'Excuse me, miss' in her mind she is already thinking of what to say to the person. She turn around and immediately said 'Sorry, I am not interested to be with someone right now'. The girl standing in front of her stood silence and instead hand out her hand to give her a card and said 'Erm.. you drop this outside the store, back there'. Tiffany took the card and saw that it was her credit card and she was so embarrassed that she thought the girl was asking for her number. 'Oh, thank you for returning it to me'. The girl just nods her head and walk away from her. She was cursing herself for her outburst. She head home right after.

 

The weekend arrive, she was out with her friends, having a picnic at the park. They were sharing stories of their day during the week. When it was her turn, she told them about what happened at the mall. Her friends find it funny and some how she felt guilty for reacting the way she did towards the stranger. Her friends said ‘Tiff its just a silly mistake, just apologize to her if you saw her again’. They eat their food while watching other people in the park. There are families taking a stroll in the park, kids playing at the playground area, there are a few people walking their dogs. Tiffany had to leave the group to go to the rest room and announce it to her friends, some offered to accompany her but she decline since its just a few meters away.

 

As she made her way to her friends, a little dog was wandering near her without any leash but she saw the dog tag that says ‘Ginger’. She look around to see if the owner of the dog is looking for it but she saw no one nearby. She scoop up the puppy and held it in her arms and make her way towards her friends. ‘Guys look what I found wandering around near the restroom’ they look towards her and saw the puppy. ‘Aaawww poor guy, are you lost?’ her friend asks the dog. It barks at her friend and she had to calm down the puppy. They give the dog some water since it’s a hot day.

 

A few moments later, they heard someone called out ‘Ginger, come here boy’. The puppy sits up from Tiffany’s lap and barks to let the owner know. They heard rush footsteps heading their way and stop near Tiffany. The dog left Tiffany and go towards the person calling for him ‘Come here boy’. The puppy was then being held in the owner’s arm and the puppy her face. ‘Where were you Ginger? You scared me, I thought I lost you.’ At this time, Tiffany is already standing in front of the dog owner and said ‘I saw him wandering outside the restroom just now, since I didn’t see anyone around I just decided to bring him with me and hopefully give it back to his owner.’ ‘Thank you for keeping him safe for me’ replied the owner. They hear another rush of footsteps ‘Hey Tae, did you find him?’ ‘Yeah, Sunny he’s fine, someone found him near the restroom’ ‘Tiff?’ ‘Sunny..’ they both hug each other, while the rest just looked at them. Sunny said ‘Hey when did you come back to Korea? Did you graduate in the US?’ Tiffany replied ‘Yeah I graduated a few years ago and came back right after. Sorry I didn’t keep in touch I lost my old number. By the way, girls meet my old friend, Sunny. This is Jessie, Irene and Wendy’ ‘Hi girls, I’m Sunny and this right here is my best friend Taeyeon and her little puppy Ginger’. ‘Nice to meet you’ the girls replied. ‘Sorry if Ginger is being hard on you’ Taeyeon said. ‘Well he was being hard on us and barking but he was all calm and quiet with Tiffany.' Wendy replied. Sunny said 'Is that so? Wow! Ginger doesn't like strangers, that is weird. Anyway, I think its time for us to go Tae'. Before leaving Sunny and Tiffany exchange numbers and promise to get together soon, Taeyeon said her thanks again to Tiffany for taking care of Ginger.

 

Once they left, Tiffany told her friends that she met Taeyeon before; she's the stranger who returned the credit card she dropped a few days ago. 'Tiff now that you know the person I think you owe her an apology. You can ask Sunny about that.' Irene state. 'Do I have to? It's embarrassing to even talk about it and to think that I thought she was asking for my number. How do I even start the conversation? Huh?' Wendy spoke up 'You have to do it, just apologize, she might not even remember what you said to her.' 'Let's just eat and enjoy our weekend' Jessie points out. 

 

Not long after that weekend, Sunny contacted Tiffany and they set a day to meet up and catch up. That Friday night they met up at a restaurant. They reminisce about their high school days in the states. Sunny asked 'So Tiff, are you seeing anyone? Boyfriend? Girlfriend?' 'Erm nope, I am not dating anyone, not anytime soon. Why? What about you?' Tiffany replied. 'I do go out some times but nothing serious. Erm.. let's just say that what if someone is interested to...' Tiffany interrupted her friend. 'Sunny.. I just told you.' 'Tiff, just hear me out please.. as I was saying, what if, someone is interested to befriend you, just to get to know each other first. Just a friendly outing, for coffee or ice cream. Which ever you prefer.' Tiffany just stay quiet, thinking it through, but I need to tell Sunny about the first time I met Taeyeon. Tiffany let out a sigh and said 'Can I think about it first. Right now I have to tell you something, just wait until I finished telling you what I am about to tell you' 'Erm, ok. I'll listen.' Tiffany told Sunny about what happened at the mall a few weeks back that she actually blush, too embarrass to even looked at Sunny in the eye, instead she was looking at her hands that is fidgeting on her lap. Sunny clears and Tiffany look up to see Sunny smiling at her, she tilt her head. 'Let me get this straight, that day at the park, that wasn't the first time you met with Taeyeon?' Tiffany only nods. 'So the first time you met was at the mall, a few weeks back?' Tiffany nods her head again. 'What exactly did you say to Taeyeon?' Tiffany replied 'Sunny please.. do I have to repeat myself?' Sunny nods her head. 'Urgh.. I said sorry, I am not interested to be with someone right now. She looked shocked and I didn't get to apologize to her, so could you do me a favour and tell her how sorry I am.' Sunny smirked 'You know that's not gonna happen, right? Its better if you do that personally to her. Look Tiff, she's my best friend; she's a good person, shy and quiet. I am sure you and her can work it out. No, I know you and her can work it out.' 'What do you mean by that, we can work what out? It’s just a misunderstanding Sunny. Fine.. I will personally apologize to her BUT how do I even begin the conversation? Hey Taeyeon, I am really sorry for snapping at you at the mall because I thought you were interested in me.' Sunny laugh out loud 'Now that you put it that way, it is kinda funny.' 'Yaaa~~ Sunny. I need your help.' Sunny finally calm down and came up with a plan, to make it look like Tiffany accidentally meet up. She tell Tiffany where Taeyeon like to hang out on a particular day.

 

The day finally comes, for Tiffany to accidentally bump into Taeyeon. Some how Tiffany is nervous but she cannot wait to get this over and done with. She makes her way to the cafe, once she gets inside, take a look around trying to find her target. Where could she be? Am I early? Until she sees someone wearing a hoodie near the window towards the back typing away on her laptop. I found her, what now? I can't just walk up to her and say hi, I could barely see her face. Tiffany walk to the counter, make her order and she ask the cashier what the girl in the hoodie ordered and pay for both drinks. While waiting for her order, she eyes Taeyeon, she is talking on the phone and looking around before she could look away, she sees Taeyeon looking straight at her. OMG she saw me. What do I do? Tiffany turns around and took out her phone, pretending to be texting. Think Tiffany, think. Please don't come here, please don't come here. That is when she feel someone tap on her shoulder, she take a deep breath and turn her body around with her signature smile. 'Tiffany, right?' Taeyeon asked. 'Yea, a friend of Sunny's. I was actually meeting a friend here when they cancel at the last minute.' Her name was called and she took the drinks from the counter, she thanks the barista. 'Erm I already ordered the drink, you can have it Tae--yeon' giving one of the drink to her. 'Ok, erm thanks. You want to hang out for a bit?' Taeyeon gestures towards her table with her head. 'Yeah sure, I hope I'm not interrupting or anything.' Taeyeon replied 'Nah! I am almost done, I can continue it later. So..?' This is so awkward. 'Erm... Taeyeon. I.. I need to tell you something. Is it ok?' Taeyeon nods and Tiffany take a deep breath. 'We've met before, before the incident with Ginger at the park. I don't know if you remember but we met at the mall. I want to apologize to you for my outburst, I am so sorry.' 'Apology accepted, so can we start over? Friends?' Taeyeon held her hand out for a handshake. Tiffany look at Taeyeon and then the out stretched hand, smile and said 'Friends.'

 

Tiffany didn't know that Sunny called Taeyeon and told her about Tiffany's intention to be at that particular cafe. Sunny also gave her friend the chance to get to know Tiffany and hopefully their friendship will blossom.

 


Thank you for reading and to new subscriber FanyNRic.

When I start writing this I wasn't sure where this is going.

Leave a comment or not. Spazzing about TaeNy is highly recommended. Till next time.