Bug-a-boo (27-12-2016)

Drabble

I hear the door opens and close followed by footsteps from the hallway. She is finally home.

 

‘Fany~~~’

 

I wait for her to come to the living room, the moment I see her in the doorway I greet her, ‘Welcome home babe.’

 

She walks to the sofa and sit next to me with her head resting on my shoulder. ‘You want to eat? I’ll prepare the food for you.’

 

‘I already ate before heading home.’

 

‘Go take a quick shower and go to sleep.’

 

‘Can we stay like this for a while?’

 

‘Alright just don’t fall asleep.’ I kiss her head.

 

‘I’m sorry I’ve been coming home late.’

 

‘It’s fine I know it’s work. Can’t do anything about it.’

 

‘I have something to tell you.’

 

‘What is it?’

 

‘I have a work trip next week, a two days’ trip to Japan, handing over the paper work.’

 

‘At least you won’t be away for too long.’

 

‘I’ll take a few days off after this is over.’

 

---

 

‘You need to start packing.’

 

‘I’ll do it on the weekend.’

 

‘Why do you always pack at the last minute? You’ll forget to pack things.’

 

‘It’s fine since it’ll only be two days, I don’t need to pack a lot of things. Just work attire and PJs.’

 

---

 

At the airport

‘Miss did you pack your own bag?’

 

‘Uh no, my wife pack it for me. Let me go get her for a sec.’

 

Once the checking in process is done, we go get breakfast. Iced coffee and a bagel with cream cheese.

 

When it is time for me to board, she walks me to the gate. We hug and she kiss me on the cheek. ‘Don’t forget to eat, text me when you land and take care.’

 

‘You too babe, don’t skip your meals. Talk to you later.’ I wink at her and she gives me her mesmerizing eye smile. ‘Love you.’ I wave at her and enter the departure gate.

 

She waves at me until I can’t see her. As I settle in my seat, my phone vibrates; it’s a message from her “I love you too boo.”

 

As I settle in bed under the cover, I dial my wife’s number and video call her.

 

‘Baby~~~~~’

 

‘TaeTae~~~~’

 

‘Why are you sitting in the dark? I can’t see your face.’

 

‘I was getting ready to sleep. Hang on I’ll switch the night light.’

 

As the light shines on her face, I see her swollen red eyes. ‘Did you cry?’

 

‘No.’

 

‘Don’t lie to me Fany. What’s wrong?’

 

‘There was a bug in the kitchen when I want to get a bottle of water.’

 

‘Aaaaawwww, are you ok now?’

 

‘Yeah, I was just surprise.’

 

‘Did you get to drink water?’

 

‘I go back in after a few minutes.’

 

‘I’m so proud of you. One more sleep I’ll be home and kill bugs for you.’

 

She yawns. ‘Tired? You can sleep if you want.’

 

She shakes her head. ‘Can we just talk like this?’

 

‘You can barely open your eyes babe.’

 

‘If I fall asleep just cut the call.’

 

We just gaze at each other and have small talk about random stuff. I end up watching her sleep for a few minutes before I cut off the video call.

 

---

 

I already told her not to wait up for me since my flight was delayed, now she falls asleep on the sofa. ‘Babe…’ I nudge her.

 

‘Eemm... baby.’

 

‘Go to bed, I’ll take a quick shower.’

 

‘Go ahead, I’ll wait for you.’

 

‘I’ll be right back.’

 

I drag my luggage to the bedroom and go straight to the bathroom.

 

‘Baby… wake up. Let’s go to bed. Where is your phone?’

‘I think it’s in my pocket.’ She holds on to my arm as we walk to the bedroom. I tuck her in bed.

 

‘Tae are you wearing pants under that big t-shirt?’

 

‘No since we are going to bed.’ I walk around the bed to get to my side of the bed and get under the blanket.

 

She shifts towards my side of the bed and whisper to me. ‘I was gonna surprise you when you come home, just so you know I’m not wearing anything under this night gown.’

 

‘Are you serious?’

 

‘Hhmmm…but y time will have to wait, Good night boo, I love you.’ She kisses the side of my head.

 

How can she say that to me and now she holds on to my arm like I’m a bolster?

 

 


 

Thank you for reading and welcome new subscribers.

 

A/N: Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. Here we are the last day of TaeNy Day in 2016. Due to the scandal we hardly have any behind the scenes TaeNy moment courtesy of Tiffany's SNS. Hoping for more TaeNy moments in 2017 since GG will have a comeback. I change the title base on Destiny's Child song. Happy advanced new year to all and belated Xmas. Be safe and drink responsibly.