Bath Robe (27-04-2018)

Drabble

Double quotes and italics are text messages.

 

The bell rings. Huh? I wonder who that is. I didn’t order any food, yet. The bell rings again and again. I just got off the shower, I just grab the bath

robe and wrap it around my body. I rush out the bedroom and head to the door. But I couldn’t see who was on the other side of the door since the peep

hole is blocked by something.

 

‘Can I help you with something?’ I call out.

 

‘Open the door.’

 

I don’t recognize that voice. ‘Who are you looking for?’

 

‘Tae open the door.’ Huh that voice sounds familiar.

 

I open the door but block the door way with my body, just in case I need to shut the door quickly.

 

‘Yah took you long enough to…’

 

‘Fany?’

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Wha... why are you here?’

 

‘Are we just going to be talking like this?’

 

‘Oh, yea come in.’ I finally open the door so she could get past me.

 

The moment I close the door and turn around, I was engulfed in a bear hug. ‘Uh.’ The impact almost knocks me off my feet.

 

‘I miss you Tae.’ She whispers.

 

‘I miss you too.’ Then she kisses me. Oh, how I miss her lips, it is a slow and sweet kiss. Once she let me go. ‘More please…’

 

‘We will continue that later babe.’

 

‘Wait… but how? I mean, what are you doing here?’

 

‘How could you?’ She hit my arm lightly. ‘You didn’t tell me you get a new place. And why did you get the door wearing that?’ She points at me.

 

‘I was in the shower when the bell rings, I thought I was hearing things. So, when it rings again I just grab the bath robe. But how do you know where to go?’

 

She grabs me by the side of my bath robe, so that our bodies are connected ‘I call mummy Kim.’ She winks at me.

 

Ah so she tells Umma but not me. ‘When did you arrive?’

 

‘I came from the airport. Can I stay over a few days?’

 

‘Yeah sure. But why? Who sent you?’

 

‘I came to see you, yes I got desperate. Plus, we have Sooyoung’s birthday to celebrate, also have work to do here. I ask my brother to pick me up.’

 

‘Aaaawww… I was going to be all desperate and needy when my birthday comes.’

 

‘By the way, where is Zero, I want to meet him.’

 

‘He’s sleeping.’

 

‘Can I at least see him.’

 

‘Yeah sure.’ I grab her luggage and show her the way to the bedroom. At one side of the corner is where Zero sleeps in his make shift tent.

 

‘He is so tiny Tae, reminds me of Ginger and Prince when they were a baby.’ She walks to the bed and lie down. ‘Oh bed.’

 

‘Hey at least go freshen up. Have you eaten?’

 

‘What are you planning to eat?’

 

‘I was going to order take out.’

 

‘Can you cook ramen for me? I’m hungry.’

 

‘Sure. Go take a shower. I’m going to change.’

 

‘No babe, just wear that. I’ll be quick.’ She takes off her top and throws it at me.

 

It landed on my head. ‘You tease.’

 

‘Only for you babe.’ She is already topless and heading towards the bathroom.

 

---

 

‘Do you have any plans tomorrow?’ She’s tracing my arm with her forefinger.

 

‘We can have brunch tomorrow with Zero, I found a café that allows pet.’

 

‘That’s nice. It’s a date then.’ She kisses my forehead.

 

‘Did the others know you are here?’

 

‘Nope I didn’t tell them. I need my TaeTae to recharge.’ She squeezes my bum with her hands.

 

‘Oh my god.’ I cover my face.

 

‘What? It’s true, I miss this. There is nothing to be embarrass about.’

 

‘I know but when you say desperate I wasn’t really prepared for three rounds.’

 

‘Yah~~~ If you say it like that, it’s embarrassing.’

 

I laugh. ‘But I love this. I miss this. Us.’ I melt in her embrace.

 

‘You know if you are desperate you can come to me anytime, right?’

 

‘I know, but you know how people are. I mean once they see me at the airport. The fans will know about it.’

 

‘I know. This is so much better than all our video calls. Let’s sleep Tae.’

 

‘Where’s your phone? We need to charge our phones.’

 

All I hear is the light snore. I leave the bed in search of her phone in her handbag and charge it. She must have been tired from the long flight and the activity we did after dinner. ‘Good night luv. Sweet dreams.’ I kiss her cheek. As soon as I lie down, she put her arms to my waist. Possessive Hwang. I can only smile.

 

---

The next day

 

‘Tae smile.’ I look at the camera. ‘You guys are so cute. Wearing couple sweater.’

 

‘Thanks for the gift.’

 

‘You’re welcome.’

 

‘Order anything you want, I’m buying.’

 

‘Aawww… thanks boo. I want pancakes, hey babe there’s cookies for dogs too.’

 

‘Order it for Zero please.’

 

‘What do you want babe?’

 

‘Anything is fine, I’ll just eat whatever you are ordering.’

 

‘Ok. Thanks.’ She winks at me.

 

---

 

The following day

 

I was lying on my stomach on the sofa in the living room, playing a game on my phone.

 

‘Hey Tae.’

 

‘Yeah.’ I didn’t look at her as I was playing the game.

 

‘I need to meet with Kev for a few hours.’

 

I finally look at her ‘Oh. You want me to drive you?’

 

‘It’s fine, Leo is picking me up.’

 

‘Ok. Be careful.’

 

‘I will, can we take Zero for a walk later? After I’m done with the meeting.’

 

‘Yea sure. Text me when you arrive at the café. Bring the access card with you, it’s in the drawer near the door.’

 

‘Sure thing.’ She gives me a kiss. ‘Love you.’ She waves at me as she closes the door.

 

‘Love you too. See you later.’

 

“Hey babe, I just arrive at the café. Do you want me to grab anything for you here?”

 

“A slice of cake, chocolate please. Thanks.”

 

---

 

I find her curl up on the bed under the blanket. Zero is next to her, he looks up at me and I signal for the dog not to make a sound. And he lays back down.

 

I give her a kiss on the side of her head.

 

She yawns and stretches.

 

‘Sorry did I wake you?’

 

‘You’re back?’

 

‘Yeah, your cake is in the kitchen.’

 

‘Thanks.’ She sits up.

 

‘Hey, where are you going?’

 

‘You said we’ll take Zero for a walk.’

 

‘Can we take a nap? I want to cuddle.’

 

’You can take a nap but don’t you want to change your clothes first.’

 

She didn’t have to tell me twice, I undress and I’m in my undies I get under the covers. ‘It’s so cold outside. Babe can you strip too.’

 

I’m not going to get out of the warm blanket to strip, so I discard my clothes from under the blanket and drop it on the floor. ‘Come here, let me warm you up.’

 

I give her a kiss and it turn into make out session.

 

---

 

A few hours later.

 

‘Babe go over there, I’ll take a photo of you.’

 

‘Zero yah.’ I call to him to get him to look at the camera. Aaawww… they are so cute.

 

While we were walking Zero, we talk about random stuff. We sit down on a bench at the park and suddenly our phones are bombarded by text messages in the group chat.

 

Yuri: “Hey, when are you planning to tell us you are here?”

 

Hyoyeon: “You guys are no fun.”

 

Sunny: “I could understand you want to have some alone time with Tae.”

 

Sooyoung: “We hear you are in town from the media.”

 

Yoona: “How could you?”

 

Sooyoung: “Boring people.”

 

Seohyun: “Unnie~~~”

 

Yuri: “Really? You guys are no fun.”

 

Sunny: “Booo~~~~”

 

‘Hey babe, what do they mean by the media?’

 

‘I’m not sure.’ I look for any article with my name and see the pictures. ‘Oh.’

 

‘What is it?’

 

I show her the picture. ‘Please don’t get mad.’

 

‘Why would I be? Clearly the media just want to create rumors from pictures.’ She gives me a hug.

 

Sunny: “Oh, by the way, we are coming over tonight.”

 

Hyoyeon: “Count me in.”

 

Seohyun: “Yes.”

 

Sooyoung: “Tiff, you have to buy some snacks and all will be forgiven.”

 

Yoona: “Buy a LOT.”

 

Yuri: “Order some food too.”

 

Sunny: “Buy alcohol Tiff.”

 

Tae: “Fine, come over tonight.”

 

Tiff: “Ok, see you guys later.”

 

‘Well now that everyone knows I’m back, we will have to be extra careful.’

 

‘Yeah, too bad.’

 

‘Don’t worry I still need to recharge Tae.’

 

‘Yah~~~~ I wasn’t thinking about that.’ I push her and she laughs. ‘It just means that we can’t go out as often as we want.’

 

‘I know. So, shall we buy food and snacks for them.’

 

‘Yeah, let’s go.’

 


 

Thanks for stoping by. Hello new subscribers.

Happy TaeNy Day fellow LS. Keep loving TaeNy and Soshi. Can't wait for Soshi to finish their "military service". I finally receive my Magic of Christmas Time DVD. Only managed to watch the first CD.