Bake it (29-11-2016)

Drabble

As soon as she wakes up she tells me she wants to bake.

 

‘Babe, let’s go out after breakfast and buy some groceries.’

 

‘Groceries? What for?’ I stretch my body.

 

‘I want to bake.’ She yawns.

 

‘Ok but I’m not going to help you.’

 

‘Huh? Why?’

 

‘I’ll be busy.’

 

‘Busy? Doing what? You are not going to be with me?’

 

‘Busy taking pictures and videos of you.’

 

She smirks at me.

 

 

We finally drag ourselves off the bed and take turns showering. We have a simple breakfast of toasts with jams and omelet. We head out to the nearest supermarket and buy some of the ingredients needed for the baking.

 

 

She decided to make a chocolate cake. She uses the chocolate cake mix and mix it with the wet ingredients. She mixes it with a whisk. She’s being playful while whisking the cake mix, trying different ways to do it. She is so adorable but just one look from me, she stops playing around.

 

 

I told her to not over mix the cake and put it in the oven. While waiting for the cake, she melts a bag of white fluffy marshmallows. I tell her to cut it into half so it’ll melt faster that way. We just want it to melt and have a consistency of a dough so it’s easier to work with. She says it’s only for decoration. Let’s just say it got messy real quick one the marshmallow melts. Her hands were covered in the white goo.

 

 

She walks towards me and I walk away from her.

 

 

‘Babe… don’t, you know how hard it is to get that thing off.’ I hold up my hands and palms out to her to stop her from advancing to me with her hands all covered up by the melted marshmallow.

 

‘I know. Do you trust me?’ she asked me.

 

‘Of course I do.’

 

‘Good to know. Don’t move when I come near you please.’ She pleads to me.

 

I nod my head as my answer.

 

She walks to me and kisses me tenderly.

 

‘What’s that for?’

 

‘No reason.’

 

‘Uh babe, I think it’s time to take out the chocolate cake from the oven, we don’t want it to be dry.’

 

‘But my hands, can you help take it out for me please.’

 

‘Alright, I’ll help you with that.’

 

 

I tell her to start with the marshmallow before it hardens. She tips the contents on the counter top and start rolling it. As she is rolling the dough like mixture, she smiles and smirk at me. I can’t contain my emotion, she’s y when she is concentrating on the task she’s doing. Can you blame me?

 

 

‘I’ll decorate the cake like brain.’

 

‘Brain?’

 

‘Yeah brain, for Halloween.’

 

Once she is done with making the squiggly thing on top of the chocolate cake, now it’s time to make the red syrup.

 

‘Don’t use too much coloring, use the raspberry with a few spoonful of sugar and heat it in a pan. Just a few drops of food coloring.’ I tell her as I am standing behind her.

 

‘Yea... I think it’s done.’

 

‘Let me see.’ I look over to the pan from behind her shoulder. ‘Yea its done, you have to cool it down.’ And kiss her right shoulder.

 

Once the syrup is cool, she gets a brush, dip it into the syrup and start glazing the brain cake. I need to take a video of this.

 

‘Babe you miss a few spots.’

 

She keeps on glazing the cake with the red syrup and the moment she’s satisfied with her masterpiece, she pushes the cake towards me in a smug way.

 

 


 

Thanks for reading and welcome new subscribers. If you like the stories, upvote it.

Leave a comment. Till next time, be safe.

A/N: Hello everyone, I'm really sorry I meant to post this on TaeNy Day. The girls finally have a group event and seeing Tiffany makes me happy. Looking forward to Hyoyeon's solo, Tiffany's music video and Taeyeon's stage at MAMA.

As for my other stories, I'm stuck and don't know how to continue so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to finish it. I'm not really sure if anyone read this.