Chapter 9

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Jessica is still asleep and it’s already 10 am.

“Aish, how long can this princess sleep?” She didn’t even sweat yesterday except of course when they were running around. Sooyoung smiles at the thought.

“Sica, wake up.”

Jessica did not even move an inch.

“Sica, it’s already 10.” Still no reaction.

“Sica…”

 Jessica groaned. “I want my sleep.”

“Sica, wake up or I’m gonna kiss you.” Jessica did not even have time to let the idea sink in as she felt Sooyoung’s lips on her cheeks. Her eyes widen.

Sooyoung smiled but got nervous when Jessica glared at her. “Don’t call me, Sica!” She got up from bed and sit. Sooyoung is also sitting on her bed now.

“I thought you’re mad because I kissed you.”

“I’m not mad because I can always do this.” Jessica pecked Sooyoung’s cheeks. Then she hides herself under the bed’s cover.

Sooyoung is grinning. “Now, get up. We have a lot to do today.” She pats Jessica’s bed before leaving.

 

*

 

“Good morning!” Jessica greeted everyone she sees in the house. Everyone is surprised at how Jessica’s acting.

“She’s in a good mood.” One said.

“The princess actually smiled at me!” Another one said.

“What’s happening to the world?!” One maid dramatically said.

“Is she sick or something?” They’re not used to seeing Jessica this way. Even before she went to America, she has always been unfriendly to everyone except Sunny and Tiffany, her only two friends.

Now she’s singing WG’s “Be My Baby”.

“I won’t even ask anymore.” Sunny said seeing Jessica like this.

“I just woke up and realized how beautiful the world is.” Jessica said.

“You’re weird.”

“Whatever. Hey, where’s Sooyoung? She woke me up but now I can’t see her around.”

“She left. You were taking so long.”

“What?! She left me?!”

“Hey, why are you shouting first thing in the morning?” Sooyoung appeared.

Jessica look at Sunny. “Just kidding.” Sunny said with the peace sign and a guilty smile.

“Sunny said you left already.” Jessica pouted.

“Oh, Jessi. I can’t watch this.” Sunny left the room. Sooyoung laughed.

“You scared someone because of your aegyo.”

“Youngie…”

“Since when did I become Youngie?” Sooyoung smiled as she poked Jessica’s nose.

Jessica crinkled her nose and sniffed.

Sooyoung laughed at seeing another of Jessica’s cuteness. “Seriously, when are you going to stop surprising me?”

Jessica smiled. Normally, if she do that in front of other guys, they would say she was being immature. But Sooyoung liked even this side of her.

“What are we going to do today?”asked Jessica.

“We are going to be busy today. Actually, I’m going to be busy today but if you wanna…”

“I wanna help!”

Sooyoung smiled at Sica. “Okay, so we’re going to town and buy things we need for Sulli’s birthday party.”

“Why am I going to prepare a party for that evil kid?” Jessica asked seriously.

“She’s not evil. She’s just a kid, Sica. Don’t say things like that.”

Sooyoung sounded offended by Jessica’s statement. “Kidding.”

“We’ll be going as soon as you finish your breakfast.”

“Let’s just eat in town.”

“Okay then, you’re the boss.”

 

**

 

Jessica ordered French toast while Sooyoung ordered pasta. When the food came, Sooyoung clapped her hands. Jessica smiled at Sooyoung’s childish actions.

“You get too excited when it comes to food,”

Sooyoung is already eating and she just ignored Jessica’s statement.

“Soo, can I ask you a question?”

“That is a question in itself. Technically, you’re already asking me a question without my permission.”

Jessica make-face. “I will ask the question anyway regardless of what you say. “

“I know.”

Do you still love Fany?”

Sooyoung didn’t looked up and continued eating her pasta.

“Sooyoung.” Jessica called her. “I asked you a question.”

“I know.”

Jessica waits for her answer and stared at Soo.

“You’re killing me with that look.”

“You still love her, huh?”

“You really want an answer?” Sooyoung looks up to face Sica. Sica slowly nodded.

“Well, I really don’t know. What I know is I was really hurt and even now, I’m still hurt,”

Sica saw the sadness in Sooyoung’s eyes. She tried comforting Sooyoung by holding her hands. They continue to eat in silence.

“Now, it’s my turn to ask a question.”

“Fire away.” Sica said.

“Do you really have to go back to America?” Sooyoung asked seriously.

Sica was taken aback. “I just need a reason to stay.”

“Isn’t your father enough reason?”

Sica kept quiet. Sooyoung gave up the topic. But Jessica answered after a while. “But my mom is also enough reason for me to go back there.”

“Your mom who left you.”

Jessica suddenly got defensive about her mom. “She didn’t leave me. She left dad.”

“But she didn’t stayed with you either. But your dad did. And I don’t understand why your mom is getting all the love.”

“Just drop it. I don’t need your opinion about my relationship with my family.”

They finished eating without another word uttered to each other. They bought all the things needed for Sulli’s surprise birthday party. They talked once in a while but they were only small talks. Sooyoung drove back to the ranch with her eyes focused on the road while Sica faced the window the whole time, thinking about many things.

When they reached the ranch, Sunny was waiting for them and helped them carry the bags to the house.

“Sooyoung, I have to tell you something.” Sunny said, rushing towards Sooyoung.

“What is it?” Sooyoung walked straight into the house and surprised to see Hyomin in the living room.

“Hyomin!”

Sunny is now behind Sooyoung, trying to say something. Jessica, on the other hand, is still walking towards the house with the last few bags. She heard Sooyoung called a name, so she went a little faster to see who it is.

“I didn’t know you were back.” Sooyoung is still hesitating to hug Hyomin. She met Hyomin during her first days on the ranch because Hyomin tried flirting with her. But they didn’t really get to know each other well since Sunny couldn’t stay in one room with Hyomin. Then, Hyomin had to leave to work in Seoul. This whole scene is a weird for Sooyoung because it seems like Sunny welcomed Hyomin since she’s sitting comfortably in the living room.

“I didn’t come back alone. I’m with a friend.”

“Hi, Sooyoung.” Sooyoung froze when she heard a voice coming from behind her. She knew that voice too well. She turned around to check if she’s not dreaming. Then, she saw Tiffany looking back at her with those beautiful eyes. Tiffany smiled but Sooyoung is still in shock.

This time, Jessica had just entered the house, struggling with the bags. “Help, please.” She saw Sooyoung frozen, her eyes locked on something. She looked for Sooyoung’s object of focus and there she saw Tiffany smiling at Sooyoung nervously.

Tiffany saw her. “Jessi!” Tiffany ran to hug her. Jessica just hugged her back while her eyes is on Sooyoung, trying to read her mind. But all she got is a blank face from Sooyoung, watching the two of them hugging.

 

 

 



 

 

Hi guys!

I'm back with another chapter.

Me happy, so many comments. 

I'll update tomorrow if i can. 

Keep your comments coming. :))