Chapter 4

Say Yes

 

 

 

Jessica woke up the next day, her eyes still sore from crying last night; She remembered what happened last night. Her eyes start to get teary again when suddenly she heard a knock at the door. She made her way to the door but she realized she didn’t lock it the night before. Sunny opened the door. Sunny ignored Jessica’s teary eyes as she pretends she didn’t see Jessica enter the house last night crying.

 

“Hey, have something planned today?” Sunny asked by the door.

 

Jessica turned her back to Sunny because she didn’t want Sunny to notice her red eyes.

“Nothing much,” Jessica answered as she made her way to the bathroom to wash her face.

 

Sunny entered the room and sat at one side of Jessica’s bed. She waited for Jessica to come out.

 

“Oh, you’re still here?”

“How about you help me with the grocery today?” Sunny suggests.

“I’m not in the mood to go out today.”

“I’m not taking a no for an answer. I missed you so much. This is your punishment for not keeping in touch when you were gone.”

 

*

 

“Jessi, what do you want to have for dinner? I’ll cook whatever you want.” Sunny is pushing the cart inside the supermarket. It’s the supermarket Mr. Jung owns.

 

“If you’ll be cooking, I think I’ll pass.” Jessica said seriously.

 

Sunny punched her arm. “Awww! I was just kidding!” Jessica said while rubbing her hurt arm.

 

After a little while, “I’ll push the cart.” Jessica volunteered herself. Sunny smiled, surprised that Jessica put extra effort on doing something. She gave Jessica the cart.

 

While examining the fruits, Sunny suddenly asked a question. “So…what happened last night?”

 

Jessica was surprised with Sunny’s question. She pretended to be clueless. “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Yah! I saw you enter the house crying. Then, Sooyoung did not come home.”

 

“It was just a..a..stupid argument.”

“Go on.” Jessica realized that Sunny would not let this go, So she narrated what had happened to her best friend.

 

“Why would you say that to her?” Sunny immediately said after Jessica’s story.

“Hey, you should be on my side!” They were now in the counter. They stopped talking for a while and continued when they reached the parking lot.

 

“Aish, Jessica. Sooyoung is sensitive. Why would treat someone so nice that way?” Sunny shot back again.

“What did I do? And here I am, thinking I’m the victim here.”

 

**

 

Sunny is now driving the car. “I really think you should apologize to her, Jessi.”

Jessica is getting irritated. “Why the hell will I apologize to her? She said some things about me too. We’re equal. Can we just let it go?”

 

“What she said about you is true. What you said to her is not.”

 

Jessica keeps silent. She doesn’t want to admit that Sooyoung has been right. She’s better than her in a lot of ways.

 

“Okay, I think I need to tell you this because it looks like she won’t try to defend herself.”

 

Again, Jessica did not say anything but she’s curious about the next words that will leave Sunny’s mouth.

 

“First, she graduated in college in just three years. Yes, she was your father’s scholar but he did not have to pay a lot because Sooyoung’s a scholar. The only help your father gave to them is when he gave Soo’s father a job when he needed one.”

 

Jessica is not giving up on finding a reason to hate her. “Then, why is she here?”

 

“She doesn’t want to leave this ranch because her father is here. Mr. Jung asked him if she can be the ranch’s consultant and she agreed even if she has offers in Seoul.”

 

Jessica is slowly realizing that she was totally out of line last night.

 

“About Tiffany, they were the perfect couple.” Sunny smiled as she talks about them. “If you just saw them together, you can tell that they’re right for each other.”

 

“What happened then?” Jessica asked softly.

 

“Tiffany had to go back to Seoul…to her fiance’.”

 

Jessica was surprised. “What?! Tiff’s getting married?”

 

Sunny stopped the car. “Not anymore. She called me this morning saying they broke off the engagement. She found out that Siwon is cheating on her again. She didn’t love the guy, her mom wanted her to get married to a rich guy. She moved out of the house and she’s not on speaking terms with her mom.”

 

Jessica realized that they’re not home. She hasn’t gone to this side of the town. “Hey, where are we?”

 

Sunny smiled. “I’m pretty sure you want to apologize to Sooyoung now. She didn’t come home last night but I know she’s here.”

 

Sunny was right. Jessica wants to apologize to Sooyoung now, though she doesn’t know how. “What is this place?”

 

“This is where your father’s workers are living. Most of them don’t have their own house but your father being the kind man that he is, let them stay here. They worked together to build these small houses.”

 

“Are you sure Sooyoung’s here?” Jessica is still figuring out what she’ll say to Sooyoung.

 

“Positive. “ Sunny said, showing her aegyo.

 

 


 

sorry guys for the late update. school has started again.

then, we are currently starting an organization of all kpop lovers in the university.

so it's been pretty hectic.

hope you like this chapter. :)