Chapter 49

Say Yes

 

 

 

Sooyoung is planning to talk to Hara that day. She had been texting with Jessica since last night. Jessica keeps being sweet, bringing back some memories of their past. Hara entered Sooyoung’s office.

“You wanted to see me?” Hara is still not looking Sooyoung in the eyes. She was drunk when it all happened but she remembers perfectly what happened. She was too embarrassed and hurt to text Sooyoung during the weekend. Today is the first time they’ll be seeing each other after that incident.

Sooyoung put away her phone as she focus on Hara who is being awkward in front of her. “We’re good, right?” Sooyoung asked.

Hara just nodded. Sooyoung led Hara to the couch and let out a big sigh. “Okay, here it goes.” She sighed again. “Hara, I’m planning to start over again with Jessica.”

Hara’s face turned into a frown. “Why are you telling me this?”

“Because you have to know the truth. I don’t want you to wait for nothing. You deserve so much better than that.”

“But you’re the one for me, Sooyoung.” Hara traced Sooyoung’s face. Sooyoung became stiff but did not pull away, afraid to hurt Hara more.

“But my heart belongs to someone else. Maybe if I met you before her, I could have fallen for you.” Sooyoung took Hara’s hands and looked straight at Hara’s eyes.

“What did you see in that girl? You said she’s an spoiled brat, whiny and so many other things that I’m not.”

“I love everything about her, even those things you just said.”

Hara can’t hide the pain she’s feeling anymore and a tear escaped her eye. “I love you, Sooyoung. And I will wait for you.”

“That will be unfair to you.”

Hara took a deep breath. “I get it. I still have my pride, Sooyoung. I won’t chase you like an obsessed girl.” Hara giggled. Sooyoung doesn’t know how to react because she doesn’t know how the girl really feels.

Hara noticed Sooyoung’s face. “Hey, it’s okay. I understand. Just give me time.”

Sooyoung hugged her. “Thank you for everything. You’re one of the best things that happened to my life.”

 

*

 

Jessica still couldn’t get over last night. Tiffany can’t help but notice it during lunch.

“Spill.” Tiffany told the smiling Jessica.

“What?” Jessica answered, still smiling.

“You’re too happy. You’re only like that when you’re with Sooyoung. Now, tell me. Did something happen? Are you back together?”

Jessica shook her head, grinning like a fool. “Nope. But we had a date last night.” Jessica stuck her tongue out to Tiffany.

“What was that for?” Tiffany looked at Jessica weirdly.

“I was just playing with you.” Jessica laughed.

“You’re weird. Sooyoung literally makes you crazy.”

Jessica nodded cutely. Then her phone beeped. Sooyoung finally replied to her text. Jessica quickly read it and smiled like a fool, Tiffany just watched her.

“She’s so sweet. She told me to eat my lunch already.”

Tiffany scoffed. “Yeah, she texts me every day ‘I love you’.” Tiffany knew immediately that she should have not told her cousin about that because right now, the girl is about to burst.

“She does?!!”

“Hey, calm down. I was just teasing you”

“So it’s not true?”

Tiffany ignored her and continued eating.

“Hey, answer me!” Jessica is being impatient.

“Fine! She does text me ‘I love you’ every day but she only started doing that after you two broke up. It’s just a friendly goodbye so chill Jessica.”

Jessica scowled. “I miss hearing that from her.”

Then Jessica’s eyes widened when she saw who just  entered the restaurant. It is Sooyoung and Hara. She instantly felt the jealousy when she saw them together. She forgot that Sooyoung is still not hers. Tiffany looked at what Jessica is staring at. When she saw Sooyoung and Hara, she called them so loudly that Sooyoung and Hara heard from the door. “Soo! Hara!”

Jessica glared at her. “What are you doing?”

“Why?” Tiffany asked innocently. Sooyoung and Hara approached their table.

“Hey.” Jessica greeted Sooyoung. She did not even look at Hara.

“Hey, you two.” Sooyoung said smiling at both of them.

“Hi.” Hara greeted the girls softly.

“Come sit with us.” Tiffany suggested. Jessica was actually relieved that Tiffany said that so that Sooyoung and Hara won’t have their alone time.

“Sure.” Sooyoung answered. Sooyoung sat beside Jessica while Hara sat on the opposite side beside Tiffany.

After Sooyoung and Hara ordered their food, Tiffany broke the silence. “So do you come here often?” She is actually asking Hara.

“We do. Sooyoung loves the food here so we have lunch here maybe thrice a week.”

Sooyoung turned to Jessica, watching how she will react. But Jessica’s face did not change at all. Instead, she slipped her hands under the table to hold Sooyoung’s hand which is on her lap.

Sooyoung was surprised at the sudden touch and she stared at Jessica. Jessica finally faced Sooyoung and gave a sweet smile. “My hands are cold.”

Sooyoung smiled. Excuses, Jessica. Tiffany and Hara did not understand the conversation of the other two girls.

“Oh, look what we have here Sooyoung. All your girls at one lunch table.”  Tiffany chuckled. Sooyoung giggled awkwardly. Apparently, only Tiffany enjoyed her joke as Jessica gave her an icy glare and Hara blushed. Luckily, the food arrived to break the cold atmosphere. Again, Jessica insisted on feeding Sooyoung.

“But Jessica, I have to eat fast. We still have work to do in the office.” Sooyoung argued. Jessica gave in and let her eat by herself.

“You’re so beautiful to watch when you eat, Sooyoungie.”

Tiffany cleared . “Jessi, I came here with you, remember? You seemed to have forgotten my existence.”

Jessica stuck her tongue out on Tiffany again. Sooyoung giggled at Jessica’s cuteness. Hara just watched Sooyoung from the other side.

 

**

 

They separated ways after lunch. Sooyoung and Hara had to go back to the office while Jessica and Tiffany decided to shop. They were checking out clothes in a boutique.

“Fany-ah.” Jessica called her.

“Mmm?” Tiffany is examining a dress.

“Sooyoung’s birthday is coming, right?”

Tiffany looked up at Jessica.”Yup. In a week’s time, right?”

“I want to surprise her.” Jessica’s eyes are shining brightly because of her bright idea.

“What will you do?” Tiffany said excitedly.

“That’s the problem. I have no idea. You know I’m not like this. And that’s where you’ll come in.” Jessica smiled at Tiffany sweetly. “Thank you. I love you, Fany-ah.” She kissed Tiffany’s cheeks and went her own way.

Tiffany was left alone in the boutique. She tried to control her temper. “I knew it. The princess can’t do anything. I really don’t know what Sooyoung saw in you.”

 

***

 

At Sooyoung’s car…

“So, when are you planning to say yes to your suitor?” Hara was referring to Jessica.

Sooyoung chuckled. “Soon. I still want to make her wait some more. She made me wait for six months! A couple of weeks won’t hurt her.”

Hara nodded. “She’s scary, you know.”

Sooyoung laughed loudly. “She gave you her icy glare? Her infamous icy glare, you gotta love her for that.” Sooyoung continued laughing.

 

 



 

 

 

I'm back. It's been exactly a week since my last update.

I had a rough week but I hope you enjoyed yours.

Anyway, I will finish this fic before the end of next week. 

Thanks for your never-ending love and support.

Don't forget to leave your comments. :))