Chapter 11

Say Yes

 

 

 

The next morning, Jessica purposely stayed in bed even if she was awake for an hour now. One reason is because she’s just too lazy to get up. The second reason is she’s waiting for Sooyoung to come and wake her up. She had the best sleep after she watched Sooyoung ate last night. They talked, laughed and joked around a lot. But still, Jessica hasn’t decided about her feelings for Sooyoung.

To her dismay, it was Sunny who came to wake her up.

“Get up, you lazy bum.”

“Hey, what’s up with that attitude so early in the day?”

“ I woke up to Hyomin’s voice calling me to make coffee for her.”

“Ohh.” Jessica now understood Sunny. “Where’s Sooyoung?”

“Since you’re such a lazy girl, she’s already eating breakfast…with Tiffany.”

Jessica jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom.

Sunny shouted from outside. “Just tell her you like her! You are so obvious.”

After a few seconds, Jessica answered from the bathroom. “I don’t!”

Sunny shook her head. “I can tell Jessi will make this even harder for herself.” Sunny mumbled to herself.

 

*

 

Tiffany and Sooyoung are eating together. The atmosphere is still awkward as they both don’t know what to say to each other.

“Sooyoung, we still haven’t talked.” Tiffany said in a soft voice.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Sooyoung is being cold towards her.

“Will you be this cold to me all the time?” Tiffany asked, clearly hurt at how Sooyoung’s acting towards her.

“I’m just saying that I think there’s nothing more to talk about. You said you’re sorry. I forgive you. We’re friends.” Sooyoung explained.

Tiffany felt like she was stabbed in the heart when she heard the word ‘friend’. Maybe I have no chance anymore, she thought.

“Friends.” She repeated Sooyoung’s word softly. Sooyoung continued eating.

“Sooyoung, I don’t see you as a friend.”

No response.

“ Can you at least just let me show you how I feel? It’s okay if you see me as a friend, but please don’t force me to give up my love for you.” Tiffany looks directly at Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

**

 

Sica cleared when she entered the dining room, seeing Sooyoung and Tiffany talking.

“Am I interrupting something?” Jessica asked innocently.

“No, Jessi. Come sit beside me.” Tiffany offered the chair beside her. She looks at Sooyoung, still waiting for an answer.

Jessica is about to sit beside Tiffany when Sooyoung pulled the chair beside her. “You can sit beside me.”

Jessica smiled at Sooyoung. “How was your sleep?”

“I had a good dream.”

“What is it?”

“You’re in it.”

“What am I doing in your dreams?” Jessica laughed, as she took a bite at her sandwich.

“Secret.” Sooyoung chuckled, clearly loving teasing Jessica.

“Tell me!” Jessica whined with full.

Tiffany just watched their interaction. She was surprised at how Jessica and Sooyoung have become so close this fast. Sooyoung is just being friendly, Tiffany told herself. But their actions are not supporting it.

 

***

 

“Surprise!” They all greeted the birthday girl. Many of the workers are present as well as Mr, Jung and the five girls.

The two little girls are happy to see Tiffany back and they don’t want to let go of her.

“Sooyoung-unnie, thank you for bringing Tiffany-unnie back. This is the best gift.” Sulli hugged her.

Sooyoung looked at Tiffany. Tiffany just nodded. “You’re welcome, Sulli. Go on and play with Tiffany-unnie.”

The two girls played with Tiffany, hugging her when they get the chance. They both miss Tiffany and Tiffany misses them too. Sooyoung just watched them for afar.

“The kids like her, I can see.”

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica beside her. “Ah-huh. I know someone who’s not great with kids.” She chuckled.

“Are you comparing me with Tiffany?! I get it, okay. She’s beautiful, nice and sweet. She’s perfect!” Jessica suddenly blurted out taking Sooyoung by surprise.

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

Jessica realized her childish response. “Nothing.”

Sooyoung poked her cheek.

“Hey, why did you do that?!”

“Stop being insecure. I don’t want to hear those from you again, okay?”

Jessica just nodded.

 

****

 

That night, Mr. Jung hosted a dinner for everyone. That includes having drinks. Tiffany, Jessica, Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyomin drank on a separate table. Tiffany, Sunny and Sooyoung are great in handling alcohol but as for the other two, they can’t handle it too well.

Jessica is starting to feel the effect of the alcohol on her, she’s dozing off already. Sooyoung was quick to support her head and landed Jessica on her shoulder. She fixed Jessica’s hair. Tiffany is just watching by the opposite side. Hyomin suddenly landed on Sunny’s lap. Sunny gasped and lets out a groan.

Sooyoung checked on Jessica who’s sleeping soundly on her shoulder. She puts her arm around Jessica to support her better.

“I think I better take this princess to bed.”

“You’re going to carry her?” Tiffany asked.

“I’ve done this before.” She carefully lifted Jessica from her seat.

“Sooyoungiieee…” Jessica mumbled.

“Ssshhh…Sica, it’s okay. Go to sleep.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica. Jessica snuggled closer to Sooyoung.

When Sooyoung left with Jessica, Tiffany poured herself another drink. She noticed how the two call each other now.

“Fany-yah, take it easy.”

“How can I take it easy when I’m seeing my girl with someone else?” She drank another glass.

Sunny kept quiet. She didn’t want to choose sides so she thought it is better if she keeps her opinions to herself.

Hyomin started snoring. “Ugh! Hyomin, wake up!” But Hyomin is too drunk to wake up.

“What will I do to this one?” Sunny asked, pointing to the sleeping girl.

“Just do what Sooyoung did. Carry her.”

“Fine. As if I had another choice.” Sunny struggled on lifting Hyomin up.

“Just carry her on your back. C’mon, I’ll help you.” Tiffany helped Sunny put Hyomin on her back.

“Remind me again why I’m doing this.” Sunny kept on whining.

“Because you’re too nice, Sunny-yah.” Tiffany smiled at her.

“You’re not going to rest yet?”

“I’m going to drink until I got drunk.”

“You never get drunk. Good luck with that. Good night, Fany.” Sunny piggyback ride Hyomin to her room.

 

*****

 

Hyomin woke up because Sunny almost drop her to the ground.

“Sunny?”

“Don’t ever drink again if you can’t handle it.”

“Sorry…and thank you.”

“Oh I see, you’re a little bit nicer when you’re drunk.”

Then Hyomin started singing “Sunny”.

“Can you stop that?”

Now, Hyomin is calling Sunny in different tones. Sunny lay down Hyomin on the bed. “Sunny, don’t leave me.”

Even when she said that, Sunny was about to leave the room but Hyomin spoke again.

“I love you.”

Sunny’s eyes widen at what she heard. She looked around searching for someone else in the room. Then she pointed at herself. “Me?!”

 

  

 



 

 

 

I'm also torn between SooSica and SooFany.hehe

But i have to stay loyal.

I'll wait for your comments! :)