Chapter 43

Say Yes

 

 

 

It took a week before they made Sooyoung smile again. Tiffany and Sunny stayed close to her always. It made the two happy when Sooyoung decided to go to work again.

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung.

Sooyoung chuckled, a sound they didn’t hear for a long time. “I’m not a baby.”

“You are my baby.” Tiffany approached Sooyoung and hugged her.

Taeyeon cleared . Tiffany suddenly pulled off from the hug. She went to Taeyeon and gave her a kiss. “I didn’t mean it that way, Taetae. She’s our baby. I’m the mommy and you’ll be the daddy.”

“Why am I the daddy?” Taeyeon pouted.

Sooyoung smiled at seeing the two and suddenly remembering someone. “You two are so cute. I’ll be leaving before you make out in front of me.”

Sooyoung left the apartment. When she arrived at the office, her phone rang and she saw Jessica’s caller id. She took a deep breath before answering the phone. They have to talk sooner or later.

 

*

 

Hyomin is having lunch with her mom and Siwon. They ate quietly.

“How is Hyomin in the office?” Their mom asked them.

Siwon looked at Hyomin before answering. “She’s doing well.”

“Please elaborate on that.” Their mom felt that Siwon is trying to keep some details from her.

“She ---“

Hyomin interrupted Siwon. “Mom, I’m dating a girl named Sunny. I met her again at the Jung’s ranch but I’ve been in love with her ever since high school.” Hyomin spoke very fast. She didn’t want to be blackmailed by Siwon anymore. She saw Siwon with his mouth open. He didn’t expect Hyomin to have the courage to tell their mom about this. Meanwhile, her mom maintained a composed expression but her eyes are fixed on Hyomin.

“Well, I surely didn’t expect that.” Hyomin’s mom said.

“Who would’ve thought we have the same type, Hyomin.” Siwon laugh by himself.

“Oh shut up, Siwon.” Hyomin then turned to look at their mom again. “Sorry if disappointed you. But I promised you I won’t disgrace our name or the company. Just please allow me to date her.”

“Are you sure this is not just about experimenting and trying things out. Maybe you’re just being curious.”

Hyomin shook her head. “Mom, I love her ever since high school. I’ve never been sure of anything else in my life.”

Hyomin’s mom continued eating as well as Siwon. Hyomin just waited for them to finish since she lost her appetite after her big revelation. Before they parted ways, Hyomin’s mom called her attention.

“If she makes you happy, then I see no problem with you dating a girl.”

“Mom!” Hyomin and Siwon said at the same time but with different tones. Siwon was upset about their mom’s acceptance to Hyomin’s uality. Hyomin, on the other hand, hugged her mom tightly, thanking her again and again.

“I love you, mom.” Hyomin kissed her mom’s cheeks.

“This is unbelievable.” Siwon said before walking away.

 

**

 

Jessica was surprised to hear Sooyoung’s voice on the other side of the line. She didn’t expect Sooyoung to answer the phone although she didn’t stop trying calling her the whole week.

“Jessica.” Sooyoung said.

“Oh my God, you answered the phone. Please let me explain, baby.”

“What’s there to explain? Things have never been this clear to me.” Sooyoung said in a cold tone.

“Baby…” Jessica’s voice started to crack. She missed hearing voice so much but she couldn’t bear hearing Sooyoung’s cold treatment to her. “There is nothing between Taecyeon and me.”

“You really don’t have to explain to me.” Sooyoung realized how much she missed hearing Jessica’s voice.

“Baby, I love you.” Jessica said in a soft voice.

Sooyoung didn’t give her the response Jessica wanted. “You hurt me.”

“I was having a hard time here too, baby. I only agreed to be with Taecyeon for both our reputations.”

“Screw your reputation!” Sooyoung raised her voice. “I didn’t know I’m competing with your reputation. Obviously, you chose it over me.”

“Baby, I’m sorry for hurting you.” Jessica started crying. Sooyoung felt guilty when she made Jessica cry.

“I’m sorry, Sica. Don’t cry. Please.”

Jessica continued crying. “Can we just go back to like how we used to?”

Sooyoung’s tears are about to fall. “But ‘like how we used to’ means you beside me.”

“I thought you said you would fight for our relationship.”

“But at to what extent, Sica?”

“As long as we can.” Jessica’s voice is still shaking.

“I would fight for us until the time that we’re hurting each other already. We’ll just keep hurting each other and I don’t want the time to come when we hate each other already. I’d rather separate with good memories of us.”

“What are trying to say, Sooyoung?” Jessica asked, nervous that she may get the answer she’s fearing.

 Sooyoung kept quiet for a minute before she spoke again. “Let’s just end this.” Sooyoung bit her lips to keep Jessica from hearing her cry.

“Baby, no!” Jessica exclaimed. She burst into tears. “Baby, please. Don’t do this. Let’s fix this.”

Sooyoung tried speaking but all she managed to say is, “Goodbye, Sica.”

 

***

 

Tiffany has been in a bad mood ever since a wedding dress arrived at their doorstep this morning. It was sent by her mom. She left the gown outside the apartment and went inside her room. Taeyeon lied beside her and pulled her to a hug.

“What are you thinking about?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

“How you feel.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know how much you love me, but I don’t know what you really want. Would you rather have a normal future with a husband and kids? Things like that.”

Tiffany hit Taeyeon’s arm gently. “I don’t need normal. I need you.”

“Cheesy.” Taeyeon giggled.

Tiffany laughed. “Laugh all you want. I’m just telling the truth.”

“So what do you want to do?”

“We could always run away…”

“Wow, that dramatic…” Taeyeon chuckled.

Tiffany hit her arm again. “You asked me then you teased me when I voiced out my idea. I’m being serious, you know. I know my mom. She might come here tomorrow and just drag me to the church.”

“Tiffany, do you want to come to Australia with me?” Taeyeon waited for Tiffany’s reaction. Tiffany turned to her with her questioning face.

“My dad is getting married to another woman and he wanted me and Kangin oppa to come.”

“When’s this?”

“Next week, actually.” Taeyeon smiled cutely at Tiffany.

“You didn’t tell me that you still have your dad.”

“He hasn’t been a dad. I haven’t heard from him in two years until last week.”

“Oh.” Tiffany nodded. “What about Kangin?”

“Oh, he won’t be bothering us. He’s in jail again.”

Tiffany’s jaw dropped. “What?”

“I didn’t even ask him what happened. I just want him to learn his lesson now. Let him stay there for a while.”

Tiffany drew hearts on Taeyeon’s stomach. “So Australia, huh?”

Taeyeon nodded. But Tiffany suddenly remembered something. “But what about Sooyoung? She’s still not okay.”

“I actually talked to her about this and she insisted that we go since this is the only way to escape your engagement.”

Tiffany was surprised that Taeyeon had actually planned this already. “Okay, then.”

“Yey!” Taeyeon kissed Tiffany on the lips.

****

 

“Jessica Jung, where are you going?” Her mom asked her when she saw Jessica with all of her things.

“I got my own place already.”

“If you’re still mad at me for setting you up with Taecyeon—“

“No, mom. I’m actually mad at myself for staying with you. I should have stayed in Korea and not here with you!” Jessica walked out of the door. She moved in with one of her closest friends, Hyoyeon.

“This is your key. I just have to run some errands first.”

“Thank you again, Hyoyeon.” Jessica went to hug her friend.

“Don’t cry anymore, okay. You’ll look ugly.” Hyomin patted her back.

When Hyoyeon left, Jessica dialed a phone number she hasn’t dialed for a while.

“Hello, dad?”

Her dad greeted her warmly but immediately asked if she’s okay, knowing that something’s wrong because of her voice. At that point, Jessica’s tears fell for the hundredth time this week.

“We broke up.” That’s the only sentence she managed to say as she continued crying on the phone, with her dad just listening to her at the other side of the world.

 

 



 

 

 

At least Sunbyung and TaeNy are happy, right?

I decided to end the drama for them because I want to focus on SooSica. 

After all, I started with just SooSica, i should end with the focus on them.

Hang on there, please. (*puppy eyes)... ending is near.