Chapter 41

Say Yes

 

 

 

"Where is Taeyeon?" asked Sunny who just sat beside her girlfriend n the couch.

"Probably overtime at work. She’s been working really hard these past few days." Tiffany answered her while munching a sandwich Sunny prepared a while ago. 

"Probably to give you your luxuries. I pity your girlfriend." Hyomin was just joking but Tiffany is very sensitive when it comes to Taeyeon.

"I did not ask her for anything!" Tiffany said in her defense. “I even tried to stop her from working!”

“Fine, fine.” Hyomin said. Both Hyomin and Sunny laughed, enjoying teasing Tiffany. 

*

Tiffany's mom came by the restaurant Taeyeon is working at. She watched the girl for a couple of minutes. She even requested to the other waitress to let Taeyeon serve her. Taeyeon was not expecting to see her here in this cheap restaurant.

"What can I do for you, ma'am?" She tried to show confidence, not letting a hint of fear escaped her eyes.

"So you're a waitress here? Or waiter? I'm sorry 'coz I don't know how to address lesbians like you." Mrs. Hwang scoffed.

"What are your orders,ma'am?" 

Mrs. Hwang took time to scan the menu but she handed it back to Taeyeon after a short time. "I'm not sure I want to eat here. I'll just say what I came here to say."

Taeyeon nodded, expecting harsh words from Tiffany’s mom. But the next words came gently.

"Can you be my daughter's maid-of-honor in her wedding?" Mrs. Hwang said bluntly.

Taeyeon gave her a sour smile. "I'm pretty sure there will be no such thing."

"Leave my daughter alone. She’s not a lesbian before she met your kind." Her tone was more serious now than earlier.

"With all due respect, ma’am but I believe your daughter has the say on who she would love. And please, stop messing with your daughter's life. Have a life of your own...ma'am." Taeyeon said, trying to stay calm and sweet as possible.

“I heard your oppa was arrested. Robbery, if I remember it right?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“How about you? Have you been arrested before?” Tiffany’s mom is attacking her in all possible aspects.

“Ma’am, if you would not order, can you please give the table to another customer?” Taeyeon prepared to walk away.

“My daughter is better off with someone else. Just move aside.” Taeyeon stopped walking when she heard this from Mrs. Hwang but several seconds, she continued walking away.

 

**

Back to Tiffany, Sunny and Hyomin…

“I’m starting to get worried about Sooyoung. Jessica hasn’t called her yet and it’s affecting her already.” Tiffany said.

“Did she try calling Jessi?” Sunny asked.

Tiffany nodded. “Even five times yesterday. Even if she says she’s okay, I don’t think she is.” Tiffany said.

“Wait, is she in her room?” Hyomin said.

Tiffany nodded. “Came home from work early but she went directly to her room. Said she’s tired and just wanted to rest.

“C’mon.” Sunny pulled Tiffany’s hand towards Sooyoung’s room. The couples are sharing a room so Sooyoung is alone in her room. They knocked on the door while Hyomin watched them from the couch.

“Soo…” Sunny called her with her sweet voice.

Sooyoung smiled at them when they entered. Sooyoung is just lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Come watch a movie with us. I miss you.” Tiffany lies beside Sooyoung and cuddled closer to her.

Sooyoung giggled. “I’m your housemate, how can you miss me?”

“You’re an office woman already. I don’t see you around that much anymore.” Tiffany said with her aegyo.

Sooyoung sat up. “Oh for heaven’s sake Tiffany, do not use that tone with me.”

Tiffany and Sunny laughed.

“Sooyoungieeee…” Sunny started showing her aegyo as well.

Sooyoung suddenly stood up. “What movie?! Just stop using that irritating tone.”

“Yey! You’re watching dvd with us!” Sunny jumped up and down.

This time, all of them laughed at how Sunny said it.

“Is that going over the top?”

Sooyoung and Tiffany nodded. “Yes, baby!” Hyomin shouted from the living room.

 

***

 

After watching a movie, they decided to just watch tv. They ordered pizza. Taeyeon arrived at the middle of the movie and now she’s sitting beside her Tiffany. When Tiffany asked her about work, Taeyeon didn't tell her about her mom.

Sunny is looking for a good channel when they saw an interesting news. A Korean designer had her first fashion show in New York.

“OMG! It’s Jessi’s mom.!” Tiffany said, recognizing the woman on the screen even though she has not seen her in years.

Sooyoung’s attention is now on the tv, watching Jessi’s mom talk in a short interview.

Then, the fashion show was showed. Sooyoung’s eyes widened when she saw Jessica modeling.

“It’s Jessi! It’s Jessi!” Sunny kept shouting.

“We know, baby. Shut up.” Hyomin said to Sunny.

But then, they recognized the model with her. It was Taecyeon. Just then, when they reached the end of the runway, Taecyeon pulled Jessica for a kiss. It lasted for a couple of seconds.

Sooyoung’s heart stopped for that couple of seconds. Sunny quickly changed the channel but it was too late. All of them saw it and they’re waiting on how Sooyoung would react.

Sooyoung’s eyes started to show tears but she stood up from her seat quickly. “I’m going to bed.”

Tiffany stood up, planning to follow Sooyoung but Taeyeon stopped her. “Give her a  moment.”

Tiffany just nodded. The room suddenly became quiet.

 

****

 

Yesterday…

The fashion show really happened yesterday but it was just shown late in the news. When Taecyeon kissed Jessica, Jessica just went with it since they’re on stage. She didn’t want to ruin her mom’s fashion show.

After they went backstage, she slapped Taecyeon hard. Even harder than her first slap when they were in the ranch.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!” Taecyeon shouted. They were now creating a scene backstage. Luckily, the reporters haven’t come in yet.

“Why did you kiss me?” Jessica is so mad at Taecyeon that tears are falling from her eyes as she speak.

Taecyeon decided to play it cool. “Did you see how the press reacted? They were delighted. Just think of doing your mom a favor for publicity.”

“I can’t do this anymore. We’re over. But, hey, we’re not even together for real so I don’t even owe you this conversation.”

Jessica’s mom came in, wondering about the fuzz they are creating.

“What happened?”

Jessica ignored her mom and walked away.

That night, Jessica just slept through her tears, thinking about Sooyoung.

 

*****

 

The next day, Jessica finally had the courage to Sooyoung. She’s planning to tell her the truth already about what happened the past week. She dialed Sooyoung’s phone.

This was the time Sooyoung and the rest had just seen the kiss. Sooyoung saw her phone ringing and for the first time in a week, she saw Jessica’s name on it.  But this time she was hurt. Tears are still flowing in her eyes. She doesn’t even want to hear her voice now. She threw her phone away.

“Soo, please answer the phone.” Jessica tried calling her for more than ten times that night, but Sooyoung did not answer.

 

 

 

Can't reply again.

But leave your comments.

P.S. Don't be mad at me for doing this to SooSica. :))