Chapter 33

Say Yes

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Jessica is watching a drama on tv. Sooyoung wanted to go out but Jessica is too lazy to go outside. Jessica insisted that she wants to stay home and watch the drama that she likes.

Sooyoung glanced at the girl around her and giggled at the sight. Jessica has fallen asleep already and they’ve only been watching the drama for about fifteen minutes. Sooyoung gently poked Jessica’s cheeks.

“Your cheeks are too soft.” Sooyoung mumbled as she keeps doing it.

Jessica opened her eyes when she felt something poking her face. She groaned when she saw Sooyoung doing it.

“Babe…” Jessica closed her eyes again.

“This is boring.” Sooyoung said. “You’re boring. I should’ve gone with Tiffany and Taeyeon to the mall instead.

Jessica wanted to continue her sleep but she didn’t want to leave her. “I’m awake.” Jessica said with only her left eye open.

Sooyoung removed her arms around Jessica and crossed her arms. “You should be. You made me stay inside the house when the weather is so beautiful.

Jessica stretched her arms. Sooyoung watched quietly. “Babe, hug me.”

“I’m watching tv.”

“Just put your arms around me and watch.”

Sooyoung did what Jessica told her to do. “Happy now?”

“Babe, why don’t you ever call me babe or baby?”

“It’s too mushy for me.”

“But you call me princess. That’s a bit mushy too.”

“I don’t mean it the romantic way. You’re a real princess. I mean, you’re really a spoiled brat.” Sooyoung didn’t remove her eyes from the tv.

“Mean.”

“Just honest.”

Jessica hit Sooyoung’s arm which is wrapped around her.

“Awww.”

“You’re insulting me.” Jessica pouted.

“I’m not insulting you. Yeah, you are a princess. But you are my princess.” She emphasized on the ‘my’.

“Just call me baby.” Jessica said.

“Whatever makes you happy.”

Jessica is satisfied now. Sooyoung just continued watching the drama.

 “Babe, I need to talk to you about something.”

“Yes, babe?” Sooyoung turned head to face Jessica but ended up laughing when their eyes met.

“Why are you laughing?” Jessica is laughing too but only because of watching the other one laugh.

“That was awkward.” Sooyoung giggled.

“It’s not. It’s sweet.” Jessica said.

“So, what is this serious thing you want to talk to me about?”

“It’s about Taecyeon.”

“You want to prepare something to welcome him?”

“No!” Jessica shook her head. “Babe, stop being jealous.

“I’m not being jealous. I’m just teasing you.”

“Why don’t you ever get jealous?”

“Because I have self-control and I trust you unlike someone else.”

“I trust you too. I just don’t trust the other girls.”

“So you don’t trust Tiffany?” Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

“That’s a different case! So back to the topic, I need to ask you a favor.”

“What can I do for my baby princess?” Sooyoung grinned, still teasing Jessica.

Jessica chose to ignore it. “It’s not that I want to hide our relationship from Taecyeon. It’s just that they don’t know I’m biual. Well, actually, I didn’t know before I met you.” Sooyoung is just listening to Jessica. “It’s accepted in America but I don’t know how my friends will react.”

“So you want to hide our relationship.”

“Babe, don’t put it that way.”

“It’s the same, Sica.” They both stayed quiet.

“It’s okay.”

“It is?” Jessica’s face brightened up.

Sooyoung nodded. “So when are we expecting this handsome young man?”

“I really don’t know. I haven’t received a text from him.”

“So we’ll just prepare to be surprised.” Sooyoung giggled.

 

*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany walked hand in hand at the mall.

“Are we looking for something in particular?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

“Not really. I just want to window shop.”

Taeyeon giggled.

“What’s funny?”

“We’re really opposites, huh?”

“Why, you don’t like shopping?”

“Maybe because of we don’t have the money to afford to buy more than what we need.”

“I’m sorry for what Jessica’s grandfather did.”

Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany. “You’re so adorable, you know that? You don’t have to say sorry for something you didn’t do. Besides, it’s not really a big deal for me.”

Tiffany’s smile turned into a frown when she saw Siwon approaching them. “Let’s go.” She pulled Taeyeon’s hand as she walked fast towards the opposite direction.

“What’s going on?” Taeyeon asked.

Siwon is too fast and caught up with them.

“Tiffany!”

Tiffany stopped and decided to face him. She turned around to see her ex-fiance’ standing in front of her. Taeyeon still has no idea who the guy is.

“Long time no see, Fany. You won’t even give me a hug?” Siwon extended her arms, waiting for Tiffany to hug him but she did not move.

“What do you want, Siwon?”

Taeyeon finally found out about the guy. She suddenly became protective and pulled Tiffany behind her.

“So, who is this beautiful girl with you?”

“I’m Taeyeon, her girlfriend.”

“Another girlfriend?” Siwon laughed. “After that Sooyoung, you hit it off with another girl again. I guess I can’t really give you what you want.” Siwon smirked.

“I don’t want anything from you!” Tiffany said in a loud voice.

“Siwon, we were having fun today until you came. Please leave us alone.” Taeyeon said.

“Whatever. I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time with you.” Siwon started walking away. He looked back to say something again. “Tell my sister that I’m still waiting for her.”

 

**

 

Hyomin and Sunny just got back from the market when they saw someone’s car by the gate. A young man got off the car and both of them questioningly looked at each other.

“He looks so cool.” Hyomin admired the guy.

“C’mon. Let’s talk to him.

They approached the guy who is still looking around. When he saw them, he took off his shades and smiled at the two.

Hyomin nudged Sunny with her elbow. “Remind me again that I have a girlfriend.”

Sunny glared at her.

“Just a small crush.” Hyomin said in defense.

“Hi, can we help you with something?”

The guy cleared his throat. “Is this the Jung’s?”

“You have a nice voice.” Hyomin complimented him.

“Yes, it is.” Sunny answered while glaring at Hyomin.

“Are you Jessica’s friends?”

 

***

 

Sooyoung and Jessica were running around the house like kids. Sooyoung is chasing Jessica after she ate Sooyoung’s ice cream. Sooyoung caught Jessica and hugged her by the waist. Both are panting and breathing heavily. But they can’t stop giggling as well.

Sunny entered the house, seeing them in that position. “Still hugging each other? You were hugging when we left you and now, you’re still hugging.”

Sooyoung and Jessica just smiled at Sunny. “We can kiss if in front of you for a change.” Jessica laughed at Sooyoung’s suggestion.

“No thanks. By the way, someone’s looking for you, Jessica.”

A few seconds after, Hyomin entered with another guy Sooyoung hasn’t seen before.

“Hi, Jessica.” The guy said while smiling at her.

“Taecyeon.”

Sooyoung released Jessica from her hug.

“Surprise!”

“Wow, Taecyeon. What a nice surprise.” Jessica forced out a smile. Months ago, her heart may probably racing now just the mere sight of Taecyeon but she doesn’t feel anything now.

“You don’t sound happy.”

“It’s not that. I’m just really surprised.”

“My family wanted to have a vacation here. I asked your mom for your address here, so I’m here.”

Taecyeon approached Jessica for a hug. “I missed you.”

Sooyoung felt uncomfortable by the way Taecyeon looks at Jessica.

Sooyoung cleared .

“Oh, sorry. Where are my manners? Hi, I’m Ok Taecyeon, Jessica’s good friend from the States.” Taecyeon extend his hand to Sooyoung. Sooyoung shook it. “I’m Sooyoung, also Jessica’s good friend.”

Hyomin is about to react but Jessica glared at her before she could even talk.

“Nice to meet you all. Jessica, all of your friends are beautiful. I bet my friends would have come with me if they had known.”

Jessica smiled at Taecyeon. “I’m pretty sure they’re taken.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.” Taecyeon said.

“Oh, do you like coffee or something?” Jessica asked him.

“Sure, thanks.”

“I’ll do it.” Sunny said.

“How long are you staying here?” Jessica asked Taecyeon.

“I’m actually planning to go back to the States with you.”

 

 



 

 

 

Update before I go back to my Physics and Chemistry book again.

Sorry if I haven't been updating everyday like before.

Liked it?

Comments please. And yeah, I will always reply to your comments. :))