Chapter 42

Say Yes

 

 

 

The next day, Jessica tried calling Sooyoung again. She even woke up early morning just to be sure that Sooyoung will be able to answer the phone. But Sooyoung still hasn’t been answering. She’s beginning to get paranoid, thinking a lot about the reasons why Sooyoung is not answering the phone. Out of all the reasons she could think off, one hurts her even just by thinking of it. Maybe Sooyoung found another girl and realized she doesn’t love her anymore, she thought. But she quickly shook the idea away, forcing herself to believe that Sooyoung won’t do that.

She went down to eat breakfast. Her mom was surprised to see her up so early.

“You’re up early.” Jessica’s mom took her eyes out of the magazine she’s reading for a couple of seconds to take a look at her daughter. “You don’t look so good today. Fix yourself up. Your eyes are swollen.”

“This will be my last year here in the States.” Jessica declared, causing her mom to put down the magazine.

“What is this, Sica? If this is about me setting you up with Taecyeon, then I’m sorry. I just want the best for you, honey.”

Jessica gave her an icy glare. “You think this is the best for me? I’m miserable. I’m trying to pretend to be someone I’m not, missing my girlfriend and now she’s not even picking up her phone.”

Jessica’s mom took a sip on her coffee. “Honey, I’m sorry to hear that.” She tried holding Jessica’s hands but Jessica pulled her hands back.

“I don’t believe you. This is exactly what you wanted. That’s why I’m going back to Korea where people love me as who I am.” Jessica pushed her chair out and walked away from her mom.

 

*

 

Tiffany just finished on checking up on Sooyoung. The girl refused to leave her room. Tiffany didn’t know what to do. She even attempted to call Sooyoung’s dad. But she thought that she didn’t want Sooyoung’s dad to get worried. Taeyeon left for work. Sunny and Hyomin planned something but seeing Sooyoung like this, Hyomin just went to work while Sunny decided to help Tiffany with Sooyoung.

“How is she?” Sunny asked Tiffany.

“Not any better.” Tiffany sadly announced. “How can Jessica do this to her?”

“We don’t know the full story, Fany.” Sunny defended Jessica but she herself is doubting Jessica now after she saw the kiss on tv.

“Fine. Let’s assume that what we saw is not really what it seemed to be, but why didn’t she call Sooyoung for a week? Why is she ignoring Sooyoung’s calls?”

Then Tiffany’s phone rang. She found out that it’s Jessica.

“It’s her?” Sunny asked after noticing the change in Tiffany’s expression. Tiffany just nodded before answering the call.

“Jessi.”

“Fany, are you with Sooyoung? Can I talk to her?” Jessica’s voice sounded so urgent.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you talk to Sooyoung, Jessi.” Tiffany spoke in a low voice, not wanting Sooyoung to hear their conversation.

“Huh? Why? I just want to talk to her. I miss her so much.”

“Miss her? You didn’t answer her call for a week.”

“Fany…”

“And we saw the kiss on tv.”

 

**

 

This is the first time that Hyomin went to the office for days. Siwon checked on her a couple of days and he got mad when he found out that Hyomin is not working at all.

When Hyomin entered the office, Siwon is seating on her seat waiting for her.

“So, now you decided to show up for work.”

“Good morning, oppa.” Hyomin is in a good mood today and she doesn’t want Siwon to ruin this.

“Where have you been these past few days?”

“Home. Resting.” Hyomin answered. Siwon stood up to let Hyomin sit on her chair. He moved to the couch. “Don’t you have some better things to do, Siwon?”

“Oh, now that you’ve mentioned it. I already talked to Tiffany’s mom, the wedding’s still on.”

Hyomin shot him a disgusted look. “You’re unbelievable, Siwon. Just unbelievable. She doesn’t love you. What don’t you get in that?!”

Siwon smirked. “I don’t even wanna marry her now. But since her mom talked to me, I guess I can’t refuse anymore.”

Hyomin saw hope in Siwon. “Siwon, I promise to go to work every day. I’ll work really hard. Just leave my Tiffany alone.”

Siwon thought for a couple of seconds. “Hmmm…I guess I’ll think about that.” He stood up to leave and Hyomin smiled like a child.

“I’m such a good friend.” Hyomin mumbled to herself, feeling proud.

“Oh by the way, I know that Sunny is here.” He went out. Hyomin caught up with him.

“Oppa, please don’t do something to her or to us.”

Siwon smiled. “So now you’re asking me for two big things? You’re making it hard for me.”

“Please.” Hyomin pleaded with her eyes.

“I’ll think about it.” Siwon shook off Hyomin’s hand in his arms and walked away.

 

***

 

Jessica gasped in surprise. She has tears on her eyes now. “Oh, no. Fany, it’s not what it looks like.”

“I don’t care. The main point here is you hurt Sooyoung. You promised, Jessica.”

Jessica is now crying on the phone. “Fany, please let me talk to her. She won’t answer her phone.”

Tiffany suddenly felt pity on her cousin, hearing her cry like this. “Sica, answer me. Is Taecyeon your boyfriend?”

Jessica didn’t know how to explain it to Tiffany. “It’s complicated.”

“Yes or no?” Sunny who has been watching and listening was surprised at how scary Tiffany can be.

“Yes. But only for show!” Jessica hoped that Tiffany will believe her.

Tiffany didn’t answer back. Jessica continued, “But that kiss was not planned. I even slapped him hard after the fashion show.”

Still, Tiffany stayed quiet.

“Fany, please let me talk to her.”

“I’m afraid now is not the right time, Jessi. I’ll let you know when she’s ready to talk to you.”

“Please…” Jessica’s voice cracked, still crying on the other side of the line.

“Remember my promise?” Tiffany asked Jessica.

“What promise?”

“I told you I would take care of Sooyoung.”

“Yes.” Jessica answered with a low tone.

“I’m keeping it now.” Tiffany hung up the phone.

 

****

 

Sooyoung is still in her room, just staring at the ceiling. She tried sleeping again to just forget everything. But since, she’s been sleeping since yesterday, she can’t sleep now. The kiss kept replaying on her mind. All the possibilities had crept up on her mind already. But she always ends up with that kiss.

It’s Sunny’s turn to check up on her. She just ignored Sunny and the other side of the bed.

“You can’t hide in this room forever.” Sunny said in a gentle voice.

Sooyoung didn’t answer.

“This is my second time seeing you like this. You are worse than last time. But remember that time, you regretted that you didn’t fight for Tiffany.”

“There’s nothing to fight for. She had given up already.” Sooyoung shot back.

“Jessica had been trying to call you to explain her side but you won’t answer. Now, who has given up?”

“She kissed Taecyeon.” Sooyoung said.

“Taecyeon kissed her.” Sunny countered Sooyoung.

“Just leave me alone, Sunny.”

Sunny signed heavily. “I hate seeing you like this, Sooyoung.” She touched Sooyoung’s shoulder. “We’re still here, Soo. We love you.” Then, Sunny left her.

Sooyoung’s tears fell again.

 

 



 

 

 

Did I make you cry? Sorry.

Good drama is always necessary. :))

Do you hate me now? I hope not.

I love you~  <3