Chapter 3

Say Yes

 

 

Flashback

Sooyoung is about to nap under her favorite tree when she heard whimpers somewhere near her. She found Tiffany crying behind the tree. She’s sitting with her hands covering her face. It broke Sooyoung’s heart to see Tiffany like this. Ever since Tiffany arrived in the ranch, she’s always been happy and cheerful, always smiling whatever she’s doing. This is a different side of Tiffany that Sooyoung is seeing.

Sooyoung sat beside Tiffany. She rubs her hand on Tiffany’s back, consoling her.

“Hey, stop crying. It’s okay. I’m here.” Sooyoung said in a soft voice. Tiffany cried even more. Sooyoung didn’t know what to do since she doesn’t know shy Tiffany’s crying.

“Tiff, why are you –“

“Can you hug me?” Tiffany tried to speak clearly. Sooyoung heard it perfectly.

“Of course,” Sooyoung hugged Tiffany. Tiffany hugged her tightly. They stayed like that for a while until Tiffany stopped crying.

End of Flashback

 

*

 

It’s been a couple of days since that incident but Sooyoung can’t stop thinking about the hug. It made them more awkward around each other. Sooyoung tried hard not to let it show and she could see that Jessica is trying to act normal around her too.

Yesterday, she accompanied Jessica on her shopping spree. They shared small talks but nothing more than that. Sooyoung told Mr. Jung that it may be better if Sunny accompany Jessica everyday. But Mr. Jung seems to feel that Jessica is safest with Sooyoung. What can Sooyoung do about that? Nothing, since she owes Mr. Jung so much.

 

**

 

Jessica forgot to buy something in town so she asked Sooyoung to come with her again. After buying her favorite chocolates, they went to lunch. Jessica ordered a burger and Sooyoung ordered pasta, burger and fries. Jessica stared in awe at Sooyoung’s food.

Is she going to eat all that by herself?!

Sooyoung took her first bite on her burger and noticed that Jessica has not yet started eating.

“What are you doing?”

Jessica looked up. “I hate cucumbers.” She meticulously searches the burger for any cucumbers left.

Sooyoung laughs at Jessica’s childish antiques.

They are the complete opposite of each other.

 

Flashback

Ever since that day that she comforted Tiffany when she was crying, they’ve been much closer to each other now. They shop in town together, watch movies together and do pretty much everything together. Today, Tiffany wanted to eat out in town since she misses American food. Tiffany’s eyes went wide at Sooyoung’s food.

“Can you eat all that?”

Sooyoung nodded and smiled. But before she could take her first bite, Tiffany spoke. “Can I have your cucumbers?”

Sooyoung thought for a while then gave her burger to Tiffany. Tiffany took it and put the cucumbers to her burger. “I love cucumbers.” Tiffany gave back Sooyoung’s burger with a bright smile. Sooyoung giggled at Tiffany’s cuteness.

 

End of Flaskback

 

***

 

Sunny greeted Mr, Jung as he entered the house. He just came from a meeting with one of their clients. He is just happy that business is actually going well this year, You can consider Mr. Jung as a business tycoon. He doesn’t only own the ranch, he also owns other businesses in town including a small shopping mall.

 

Sooyoung is driving the car back to the ranch. Jessica opened the window, breathing the fresh air.

“If you love it here so much, why do you have to live in America and leave your father alone here?”

Jessica was taken aback by Sooyoung’s question. Even Sunny has not asked her that question. “Who says I like it here? It’s boring here.”

“Don’t lie to me or better yet, to yourself. I know you like it here and I know you miss your dad.”

Jessica is mad that Sooyoung has seen through her. But she won’t back down.

“Who are you, telling me what I like?! You’re just a worker in the ranch. I don’t know why my dad is even helping you. And what’s your job definition?...Annoy my boss’ daughter?!” Jessica was really annoyed by Sooyoung’s sudden inquiries.

Sooyoung, on the other hand, ignored Jessica’s words and continued driving. She doesn’t care what others think about her and she doesn’t feel like she has something to explain to Jessica. I don’t owe her any explanation.

But Jessica is still not finished. “You even used Tiffany to get closer to my dad. Are you that desperate?”

That did it. Sooyoung was surprised by Jessica’s words and she lost control of the steering wheel for a few seconds there. Sooyoung is now mad but above all feelings, she’s hurt. Luckily, they’re already in the ranch. Sooyoung parked the car, took the keys and banged the car’s door. Jessica closed the door, trying to close it harder than Sooyoung. She wants Sooyoung to know that she’s angrier. Sooyoung started walking away but she stopped and turns to Jessica, her eyes showing rage. Jessica felt Sooyoung’s emotions and she suddenly felt scared.

“You think you know everything?!” Sooyoung is close to Jessica now. Jessica is trying to escape Sooyoung’s fiery gaze by stepping backwards but Sooyoung is getting closer and closer.

Sooyoung is now teary-eyed. “You were not here for your father when he almost lost the ranch! You were not here when Sunny got into a car accident! You were not here when your cousin was depressed. And I was here!” Sooyoung’s tears escaped her eyes. Jessica is holding her tears back.

“So don’t think that you’re any better than me. Because as far as your father and best friends are concerned, I’ve been better than you for the past two years!” Sooyoung wiped her tears and walked away. Jessica was left alone. She couldn’t move for a while. She was shocked at what had happened. She couldn’t contain her tears anymore. Her tears fell and she just let it. 

That night, she cried herself to sleep.

 



 

 

 

How are you guys? 

Please do comment.

And I need your opinion, 2ny or Sunbyung or other pairing? 

But I do not guarantee that i will follow your suggestions, okay? :))