Chapter 16

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Jessica was shocked to feel Sooyoung’s lips on her so she stayed still for a few seconds before finally responding to the kiss. It was a sweet and gentle kiss.

When they broke off the kiss, Sooyoung smiled sweetly that made Jessica’s heart skip a bit.

“I like you too, princess.”

She took Jessica in her arms and hugged her. “I like you too even if you’re crazy, childish, whiny and scary sometimes.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica’s ears.

Jessica is also smiling now. She suddenly hit Sooyoung’s back.

“Awww, I forgot the ‘violent’ part.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“You made me cry a lot of tears today.”

Sooyoung pulled off from the hug to see Jessica’s face clearly. Jessica suddenly felt shy because of Sooyoung’s stare.

Jessica is about to look down to hide her face when Sooyoung touched her cheeks. “No more crying, okay? I like everything about you except for your puffy eyes.

Jessica pouted. Sooyoung copied her. They both giggled. “And don’t pout too much. You’re going to kill me with your excessive cuteness.”

Jessica laughed. “So you think I’m cute?” Jessica put her arms around Sooyoung’s neck. Then Sooyoung automatically put her arms around Jessica’s waist.

“If I say yes, can I kiss you again?”

Jessica nodded shyly.

Sooyoung immediately kissed Jessica again.

“Hey, you haven’t said yes yet!” Jessica complained but on the inside she’s happy Sooyoung found a reason to kiss her again.

“Isn’t that obvious yet? Of course, you are the cutest for me.” Sooyoung played with Jessica’s hands.

 

*

 

They stayed up until two in the morning just talking, laughing, hugging and kissing in the living room. When it was time to sleep already, both kept thinking about each other and it took a while to finally sleep.

Sunny cooked breakfast but the three of them ended up eating by themselves.

“I’m not surprised that Jessica is still asleep by now. But Sooyoung?! She usually wakes up before me.”

Tiffany is eating her breakfast quietly. She didn’t bother to tell Sunny and Hyomin that she left Sooyoung and Jessica talking in the living room last night. She’s too busy wondering about what happened after she left.

Hyomin is complimenting Sunny’s cooking by now. Sunny just kept ignoring her but at least she did not shut her up.

Sooyoung finally entered the dining room and sat beside Tiffany. “Good morning, guys!” She keeps on smiling and the others just kept watching her.

“What?”

“You seem different.” Sunny said. “You’re too bright and shiny.”

“Bright and shiny?” Sooyoung laughed. “What a way to describe me.

Tiffany figured out that the two made up but she still doesn’t have a clue that they confessed to each other already. She filled Sooyoung’s plate with food. “Eat.”

Sooyoung smiled. “Thanks.”

Tiffany wanted to ask Sooyoung about what happened with Jessica last night but she doesn’t know how to ask. Instead, she just kept quiet and occasionally laughing and reacting when Sooyoung’s the one talking.

Meanwhile, Sunny noticed Hyomin staring. She tried to ignore her but she felt like she’s going to melt soon if she won’t stop Hyomin from staring intently.

“Can you stop staring?”

Hyomin woke up from daydreaming. “You are too.”

“Me? Why would I stare at you?!”

“Then how did you know I’m staring if you didn’t even look at me?”

“I just saw you at the corner of my eye!” Sunny cried, being defensive.

Both Sooyoung and Tiffany laughed at the interaction of the other two. Hyomin was smiling, proud at her wittiness.

“Very clever, Hyomin.” Tiffany mouthed to Hyomin.

 

**

 

Jessica has woken up half an hour ago but she’s busy daydreaming and smiling by herself. She keeps on reliving what happened last night and she can’t stop smiling whenever Sooyoung’s face would appear on her mind. “I’m going crazy.” She said while she’s still smiling to herself.

Sooyoung wanted to see Jessica already so she decided to wake her up. She knocked on the door first even if she’s expecting Jessica to be sleeping till now. “Sica…”

When Jessica heard Sooyoung’s voice, she immediately got up from bed. “Wait, am I really hearing her voice or I’m just imagining too much?” Jessica stopped moving, waiting for another sound. But when she heard another knock, she panicked. She combed her hair using her fingers, cleaning her face up before she went to bed again and closed her eyes.

When Sooyoung opened the door, she found a sleeping Jessica. She walked quietly, careful not to wake her up. She went beside Jessica’s bed, sat on the floor and decided to watch Jessica sleeping.

“Why do you look so beautiful every time?” Sooyoung asked not knowing that Jessica is hearing her. Jessica tried hard not to smile and she hoped she won’t blush. Jessica felt Sooyoung staring at her. Now, she’s so close that Sica can feel her breath already.

Oh my God Sooyoung, don’t come to close. I can’t control myself, Jessica thought,

She didn’t know that Sooyoung is thinking the same way. But she already stopped controlling herself and she’s slowly aiming for Jessica’s lips already. But then, Jessica suddenly opened her eyes that brought Sooyoung to the floor.

“You scared me!” Sooyoung got up from the floor and sat on Jessica’s bed. “So you’re just pretending that you’re sleeping, huh? Waiting for me to kiss you?” Sooyoung asked playfully.

“Of course not. I even opened my eyes because you were being too close.” Jessica said in her defense.

“Okay then, I have to let you win this time.”

“What are you up to, Choi Sooyoung?” Jessica asked.

“Because I want my morning kiss. I was about to have my dessert but then I realized what’s sweeter than your morning kiss, right?”

Jessica blushed. “That’s why you fool girls like me.”

Sooyoung giggled. She became serious again and pointed her lips.

Jessica giggled and quickly pecked her on the lips. Sooyoung smiled widely, satisfied with her dessert.

“Oh, and because I wanted to be sure. I just want to ask you…wait, I just want to know…I mean, I really want you to be my…” Sooyoung stopped halfway. She’s having a hard time finding the right words. She’s really nervous right now.

“Would you be my girlfriend, Sooyoung?” Jessica blurted out.

“Hey, I was about to ask you that!” Sooyoung complained, frustrated that Jessica stole her question.

“Well, you’re being too slow! So what now?!”

“Well, since I was about to ask that, isn’t it clear that I want you to be my girlfriend too?”

“So it’s a yes?” Jessica asked to be clear.

“Yes.”

“Okay then.”

“Okay.”

Then, suddenly the atmosphere is quiet.

Sooyoung broke the silence. “But what about Tiffany?”

“What about her?” Jessica lifted one of her eyebrows.

Sooyoung hold Jessica’s both hands again. “Before you get jealous again, I just want to tell you that she told me her feelings the other day.”

“And then?” Jessica is looking at her hands intertwined with Sooyoung’s hands.

“I couldn’t reject her directly because I didn’t want to hurt her. I kind of agreed that she could still be sweet towards me and I wouldn’t mind.”

“No!!!” Jessica pushed her Sooyoung off the bed. Sooyoung is now on the floor.

“Ouch!” Sooyoung cried out.

 

 

 



 

 

Thanks for all your comments guys!

You always inspire me to write more. 

and I've reached 77 subscribers. 

Thank you so much!! :))