Chapter 23

Say Yes

 

 

 

Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyomin are playing Uno cards in the living  room. They just finished a game and Tiffany won the game.

Sunny and Hyomin were arguing about the previous game.

“Why do you always give me your cards?!” Sunny is complaining to Hyomin.

“Because I want to choose you.” Hyomin said

“You don’t play that way. You should exchange with someone who has the least number of cards so you could win.” Sunny explained to Hyomin.

“But it’s no fun playing that way.”

“Aish, this conversation is not getting somewhere.”

Tiffany is just smiling, looking at the two of them. “You guys are too cute.”

Taeyeon smiled also. “Where is Jessica? And her girlfriend?”

“Sooyoung’s busy working. And I know Jessica, she’s too lazy to play with us.”

Taeyeon just nodded at Tiffany’s response.

“One more game!” Hyomin exclaimed.

 

*

 

Jessica just got off the phone with her mom. Their conversation lengthened because her mom needed an explanation about her surprising interest in girls. Her mom doesn’t seem to fully get it until now but she’s giving her mom time to accept her relationship with Sooyoung. Turning around, she jumped in surprise when she found a person watching her.

“Oh, it’s you.” Jessica smiled. “It’s Taeyeon, right?”

“Yes. I’m sorry. I was just looking for the washroom.”

“Oh, it’s downstairs. Come, I’ll show you.” Jessica guided Taeyeon to the washroom. When Taeyeon came out, Jessica is waiting for her outside.

“I didn’t know you were coming today.”

“Tiffany invited me.” Taeyeon smiled.

“I’m glad Tiffany has you. You make her happy.”

“It’s my pleasure meeting you all. Nice ranch, by the way.” Taeyeon said while looking around.

“Thanks to my dad’s hard work.” Jessica said with pride. She did not see Taeyeon when she scoffed.

“Taetae!” Tiffany appeared. “I was looking for you.” Tiffany notice that she is with Jessica “Oh, Jessi. I see you’ve met Taeyeon. I invited her, is that okay?”

“Sure. Your friend is my friend too.” Jessica smiled to Tiffany, then to Taeyeon. “I shall leave you two alone and I’m going to my hot girlfriend.” Jessica giggled and as she walks out of the room.

 

**

 

Jessica found Sooyoung in her dad’s office. She’s reading some statements and she seems too focused that she didn’t notice Jessica enter the room.

“Hey, hot girlfriend.” Jessica greeted her. Sooyoung looked up and smiled upon seeing her princess in front of her. Jessica sat on her lap and put her arms around Sooyoung’s neck.

“Hey, beautiful princess.” Sooyoung said before kissing her girl on the lips.

“I miss you, Sooyoungieee.” Jessica said with her aegyo.

Sooyoung was taken aback. “Oh! Don’t do that again, Sica. You’re going to kill me.” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Sooyoung.” Jessica called her while she’s Sooyoung’s hair.

“Hmmm?” Sooyoung is busy inhaling Jessica’s scent through her neck.

“What do you think about long-distance relationship?” Sooyoung withdrew from Jessica’s neck and stared at her girlfriend before speaking.

“Why are you asking all of a sudden? Are you leaving?” Sooyoung questioned Sica.

“Well, school will start next month. I have to leave soon.” Jessica said, sadness filled her eyes.

“I don’t do long-distance relationships.” Sooyoung finally answered Jessica’s question.

Jessica’s face turned to a frown. “But baby… It’s gonna happen soon. And I’m not ready to leave you.”

Sooyoung looked down. “Then don’t…”

This broke Jessica’s heart. “Baby, I’m sorry for bringing this up.”

A tear fell from Sooyoung’s eyes but she immediately wiped it out. “We have to break up by then.” Sooyoung said, still looking down.

Jessica’s tears are also ready to fall. She doesn’t want to leave but she has to because her life is there.

Then, there was a knock on the door. It was Taeyeon.

“I hope I’m not interrupting something.”

Jessica stood up from Sooyoung’s lap. “No, you’re not.” Jessica is still teary-eyed that time. She has mixed feelings for Sooyoung. She feels sorry for leaving Sooyoung and sad because she doesn’t know what to do without Sooyoung beside her. But she’s also mad for Sooyoung because she feels like the other has already given up on their relationship.

“Tiffany wanted me to tell you that the table’s ready.” Taeyeon noticed that the atmosphere between the two is not good. But this is the least of her concern because all she wants is to get closer to Jessica.

Sooyoung didn’t move an inch. She could feel Jessica’s eyes staring at her.

“I’ll follow you. Go ahead.”

Taeyeon waited for Jessica and they left the room the room together, leaving Sooyoung behind.

“Are you okay?” asked Taeyeon.

“No.” Jessica said while walking with a blank face.

***

 

They all ate quietly. Sooyoung sat next to Jessica but they are not even looking at each other. Everyone noticed the cold atmosphere between the two but they chose not to say anything.

Tiffany served her guest but Taeyeon’s mind was off to something else. She’s actually thinking about her plans. She didn’t know why she even ended up in this position. She just wished that everything’s back to normal again, just Kangin and her living together a simple life. But it was Kangin’s desire to get back the ranch that once belonged to their family. Taeyeon just wants whatever Kangin wants.

“Earth to Taeyeon!” Taeyeon finally noticed Tiffany’s hand in front of her face, getting her attention.

“Sorry, my mind was somewhere else.”

“It’s okay. Go eat up. There’s still dessert coming up.”

Sunny and Hyomin are already having their dessert. Sunny was surprised to see a spoon being shoved towards .

“What are you doing?” Sunny asked.

“Trying to feed you. What else?” Hyomin answered.

“What’s this?” Sunny raised her two hands. She did not wait for Hyomin to respond. “Two hands that I can use to eat by myself without your help.”

Hyomin frowned. Sunny noticed this and she sighed before putting her spoon in front of Hyomin’s face. “There, eat.”

Hyomin clapped her hands when she realized Sunny is feeding her. They continued feeding each other until the dessert is gone.

Meanwhile, at the opposite side of the table, Sooyoung and Jessica still haven’t broken the ice. Sooyoung suddenly stood up and excused herself from the others.

“What’s wrong with her?” Tiffany asked aloud but didn’t get any answer. “Jessi.” She diverted her attention to Jessica.

Jessica, who has been keeping her tears from falling since their talk couldn’t hold it any longer. She started crying with her hands covering her face. Everyone at the table was surprised. It was Tiffany who stood up first. She got to Jessica and hugged the girl.

“I don’t wanna leave her.” Jessica said in between her tears.

“Hush. Stop crying.” Tiffany said as she patted Jessica’s back.

 

 



 

 

 

Not really a happy chapter.

But at least i wrote some cute moments for Sunbyung.hehe

And i hope you're still happy that i updated.

Thanks for the comments.

You're the best. xD