Chapter 2

Say Yes

 

“Tiffany likes girls?!!” It was louder than she intended it to be.

“Ssshhhhh!” Sunny panicked, putting her finger on her lips. She slipped her head through Jessica’s door, checking if somebody can hear their conversation. “Sooyoung will be mad at me if she finds out that I’m talking about this behind her back. She gets mad even if I try to talk to her about this.”

“So they’re lesbians? One of them is lesbian? Tiffany? Or Sooyoung?” Jessica’s words poured out her lips in a much softer tone now. She calmed down and sat at her bed again, with her legs crossed.

“Are labels important? They both liked guys before. But they fell in love. They did not hurt anyone when they dated, that’s why we all accepted it. Everyone knows.” Sunny explained.

“Even dad?”

Sunny nodded. “He loves both of them. When you were not here, Sooyoung and Tiffany were here. I was here. If you only know how lonely your dad was in the first few months.”

Jessica shifted her gaze to the window. She stands to pull aside the blinds. She changed the topic. “So, what are we going to do today?”

 

 

*

 

 

Jessica finished eating her breakfast that Sunny served her. Sunny is so excited to hear stories from Jessica.

“What do you want to know?” Jessica laughs, seeing Sunny this excited.

“How many hot guys have you dated?” Sunny asked jumping up and down.

“2.”

“Two guys in two years. Not bad.”

Jessica laughs at Sunny’s cuteness. “How ‘bout you?”

Sunny shook her head with a shy smile.

“None?”

Sunny shook her head again. “ZERO.”

“Maybe you’re too picky, Sunny-ah.” Jessica tried tickling her friend. Sunny pulled away. And now, Jessica is chasing Sunny. Sunny ran towards the living room and Jessica followed her. Sooyoung just entered the house and heading to the kitchen. Jessica kept running and bumped into Sooyoung. They both fell into the ground, Jessica on top of Sooyoung. Sunny stopped running and ran towards her two friends.

Jessica found herself looking at the saddest eyes she has ever seen. She’s lost in space. She is captivated by the beautiful eyes in front of her.

Sooyoung, on the other hand, is also frozen. She saw Jessica’s face earlier, but not this close. Her eyes traveled Jessica’s face, amazed at every feature of Jessica’s face. Like a piece of art, she thought.

For a moment, time stopped for the two of them. But then, a voice echoed. “Jessica, Sooyoung, are you alright?”

Sooyoung noticed Sunny standing above them. Jessica realized that she’s on top of Sooyoung. Their eyes meet again but now, upon realizing the situation Jessica quickly got up. Sooyoung managed to stand up after Jessica’s weight was removed from her body. Jessica dusts off dirt from her shirt.

“Are you guys alright?” Sunny asked again, now helping Jessica fix herself.

Sooyoung spoke first. “Wow, for that body you are heavy. “ She smiled. Jessica just looked at her for a few seconds before finding her own voice. “I’m not heavy. You’re just too fragile.”

Sooyoung laughs. It’s the first time someone called her “fragile”. Sunny is smiling now.

“Sooyoung is far from fragile, Jessie. Her skinny figure is just fooling our eyes.”

Jessica is still frowning, She’s annoyed for indirectly calling her fat.

Sooyoung looked at Sunny this time. “Have you told her?”

“Told me what?”Jessica looked at Sunny, waiting for her next words.

Sunny finally remembered what she was supposed to tell Jessica. “Oh, Jessi, since I’m working I can’t hang out with you today. Your father asked Sooyoung to go with you today.”

Sooyoung has been watching Jessica while Sunny talked. Jessica’s eye widened. She just smiled.

“What?!! I have to spend the day with her?” She looked at Sooyoung for a moment and then back to Sunny.

“Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I didn’t want this too.”

Sunny apologized to Jessica for the third time.

“It’s gonna be along day, huh?” said Sooyoung.

Jessica stared at Sooyoung then marched out of the room, making her steps be heard on purpose.

Spoiled brat, Sooyoung thought.

 

**

 

Jessica stayed in her room after she marched out of the living room. She took a bubble bath, taking all her time since she has nothing planned for the day. Then, she unpacked her books. Knowing that she would not have many things to do in the ranch, she bought every book that she found interest in while she was on her favorite bookstore in the States. She likes reading books on her free time but ever since she lived in the States, she has not finished a single book. She’s always going out with her friends, dating guys and hanging out with her mom.

After two hours of reading, she brushed her eyes and closed her book. She’s bored, not used to this kind of life since she lived in the States. She stared at the ceiling for a while. She took out her iPad from her bag, checking her facebook account. She listened to music but after two songs, she realized she’s not in the mood to do that now.

She heard the sound of the lawn mower. Mowing at this time of the day? She thought.She checked her watch. It’s almost lunch but decided to wait for Sunny to call her before coming down. She went to her balcony to watch the view. It’s been long since she’s been here. She has always enjoyed looking from her balcony. She can see the whole ranch from there. She breathed the fresh air, appreciating it. She realized that even if she doesn’t want to stay here, she loves the feel that the ranch gives her. It’s peaceful here.

The sound of the lawn mower is bothering her ear now. She searched for the gardener and called for him the moment she saw him.

“Yah! Stop it! It’s bothering my ear! And it’s noon! The sun is shining right above you! Yah! Yah!” She said the words as loud as she can. The gardener finally heard her. He removed her hat and turned around. It is Sooyoung. Jessica was taken aback. But her response is fast this time, “So you’re the gardener now?!”

Sooyoung smiled. “I’m just making myself useful.” There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Jessica is annoyed, knowing Sooyoung’s words were an attack on her.

Sooyoung smiled again and continue what she’s doing. Jessica went back inside her room. She doesn’t have anything to do and she’s still annoyed. She went to the kitchen, checking up on Sunny.

 

 

*** 

 

 

Jessica found Sunny sitting on the kitchen counter. Jessica chuckled at the sight of Sunny looking like a kid. It suddenly brought memories of their childhood. They were always running around the ranch. The three of them together, best friends forever. Sunny saw her. She jumped off of the counter.

“Hey, I thought you drifted back to sleep. You’re just in time. They finished cooking your lunch.”

Jessica speaks as she walks towards Sunny. “They? Are you sure you’re working here?” Jessica laughs, followed by Sunny.

“Hey, I work my off every day. You must know serving you is difficult.” Sunny smiled playfully. But she was surprised when Jessica hugged her.

“Jessica, what’s up with the sudden hug?” Sunny hugged Jessica back. She can’t remember the last time they hugged.

“Sunny-yah, I missed you. I’m sorry for not calling.” Jessica feels so guilty for not keeping in touch. She was too caught up with her new glam life.

When Jessica let go, Sunny smiled at her. “It’s okay, Jessica. You should know that I missed you too. Now stop being so cheesy and I’ll serve your lunch.”

 

 

****

 

 

Sooyoung entered the house covered in sweat. She would have gone to the shower first but she smelled food. She heard her stomach growl and she couldn’t the smell of food. She went directly to the dining room and found Jessica and Sunny eating lunch. Sunny called her first and Jessica who is sitting opposite to Sunny turned to look at her.

Sooyoung smiled. “I know I stink and I don’t look good but I’m really hungry. Nothing can stop me from eating.”

Sunny laughs. Jessica ignored her.

Sooyoung was about to get a plate and utensils from the kitchen when Sunny stopped her.

“Just sit down, I’ll serve you.”

Sooyoung said thank you to Sunny and sat down next to Jessica. Sunny served Sooyoung.

“You don’t need to serve her Sunny. She’s just another worker.”

Sooyoung chose not to react. Sunny finished serving Sooyoung and sat back down. “It’s okay. I don’t do anything much here. And I like serving Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung gave Sunny a flying kiss and the sweetest smile.

What the heck?! After Tiffany, is it Sunny now?! Jessica is shouting on her mind.

 

*****

 

 

After lunch, Sooyoung took a short bath. Sooyoung then took a nap under a tree at the right side of the house. Jessica saw this as an opportunity to go out without Sooyoung following her like a puppy. She sneaked out of the house. Just as she was about to start the car, she realized she doesn’t have the key. She opened the car door to get the car keys. But she saw a smiling tall girl, yawning in front of her.

“Looking for this?” She raises her right hand which is holding a silver key. Jessica tried to snatch the key but Sooyoung’s hands are fast. She keeps on trying to get the key from Sooyoung. “Give that to me!”

Sooyoung put her hand on her back and Jessica’s hands followed hers. She didn’t realize that she is too close to Sooyoung now. And their position now…she’s hugging Sooyoung. She quickly pulled away. Sooyoung smiles at the embarrassed Jessica.

“If you want to hug me, just say so.”

“Never in a million years, Choi Sooyoung!” She walked towards the house as fast as she can. Sooyoung kept calling her but she never looked back. Jessica went straight to her room. After closing the door, she stood behind it and she touched her chest. She can feel her heart beating fast. This feeling is new to her.

What’s this? It’s just a hug. What’s happening to me?” 

 

 


 

 

Sorry for the late update.

And I will be gone for a couple of days. 

Hope you like this chapter 2.

I'll appreciate if you leave comments.

Love you, my readers. smiley