Chapter 40

Say Yes

 

 

 

Days passed and hadn’t heard from Jessica after the call she made to inform Sooyoung that she arrived home safe. She’s starting to get worried about Jessica. It’s so unlikely for the clingy Jessica not to call her. She misses Jessica’s voice badly.

After Jessica left, Sooyoung tried her best to continue her life. She went to her first day at work and everyone welcomed her. She is the marketing consultant of a big company in Seoul and her co-workers admire her since she’s so good in her work.

Tiffany insisted that she lived with them. Now, the spacious apartment looks so small with five of them running around the place. Hyomin didn’t mind having extra people in her place since Sunny is one of those extra people.

Hyomin continued going to work and luckily for the two of them, Siwon still doesn’t know anything about Sunny being here in Seoul and his sister escaping away from work to spend the day with Sunny.

It’s still 10:00 but Hyomin is excited to have her lunch with Sunny. She started fixing her things in her bag. Then someone opened the door. It was Siwon.

“Oh, you’re going somewhere?’ Siwon asked. After she came back in Seoul, Siwon hasn’t been too much of a pain. He didn’t bother her unless it is work-related.

“Just lunch.”

Siwon checked her watch. “At 10:00 am? Is this one of the investors or just some of your lazy friends?”

“Siwon, I’m hungry. I don’t have much to do in here. Mom is still the CEO. I’m just here to observe and I’m bored. Can’t I just breathe outside with my friends?”

Siwon sat on the couch. “Sometimes I wonder what will happen to company when you are the CEO.”

Hyomin stood up. “I will think about that over lunch.” She didn’t wait for Siwon’s response and walked out of the room. She took out her phone and texted Sunny.

 

To: Sunny bunny

From: Hyomin

Meet me now at our favorite restaurant. I’m bored. Don’t make me wait too long.

 

*

 

Sunny received Hyomin’s text and smiled to herself.

“Hey, what are you smiling about?” Tiffany asked, while feeding Taeyeon ice cream.

“Maybe Hyomin sent her a cheesy message.” Taeyeon suggested.

Sunny was annoyed by the two. “Yah, you two! Find some better things to do. Go make out somewhere, for all I care.”

Tiffany laughed. “Whoa, chill Sunny.”

Sunny grabbed her bag. “I’m going. Lunch with Hyomin.”

“Bring us food when you come back!” Tiffany shouted before Sunny closed the door.

“Hey, Fany. I’m thinking of getting a job.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. “Taetae, if you’re still thinking of paying me –“

Taeyeon cuts in. “No, it’s not that. I’m just thinking that I can’t be like this forever. Bum. Just waiting for something to happen.”

“So what do you have in mind?”

“I actually met a friend when I went to buy us something to eat last night. She offered me a job as a waitress on this restaurant she’s working in.”

“Hmmm. A friend. A girl to be exact. I think you failed to mention it last night.”

Taeyeon giggled. “You’re cute. She’s just a friend, nothing more. Now, I’ll be working starting tomorrow.”

“So you already decided before you told me about this?”

“I can still text her and refused her offer.”

“No, Taetae. I’m just being a whiny baby today. I’ll get bored without you, that’s all.”

“You’re a whiny angel.” Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany before kissing her cheeks. “By the way, when will your classes resume?”

“In one week. Are you planning to continue your studies?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Maybe next year, when I’ve earned tuition money.”

Then, they heard a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it.” They both said at the same time.

“Race to the door!” Tiffany declared and they ran to the door. Taeyeon caught Tiffany by the waist when she was about to open the door. They were giggling when they opened the door.

Tiffany was shocked to see who it is. “Mom.” She greeted her. Taeyeon removed her arms around Tiffany’s waist, their smiles left their faces. The woman in front of them was just as surprised as them.

Tiffany’s mom cleared .

“Oh, mom. Come in.” She opened the door wide and Taeyeon led her mom to the living room. She cleaned up a little too.

“I heard you were back.” Taeyeon is awkwardly watching the two of them. She’s standing beside the couch. Tiffany’s mom suddenly remembered about her and looked at her.

“Who is she? I thought this is Hyomin’s apartment.” Tiffany’s mom saw their closeness earlier and after Tiffany’s relationship with Sooyoung, she won’t be surprised if this girl is her new girlfriend.

“She’s staying with us. She’s my girlfriend.”

Taeyeon gulped when heard Tiffany introduced her as her girlfriend. She felt like she was gonna melt with Tiffany’s mom’s glare.

“Hi, ma’am. I’m Kim Taeyeon.” Taeyeon extended a hand but she was ignored.

“I didn’t know you’re still experimenting with girls.”

“Mom! For heaven’s sake, I’m a lesbian, okay?”

Her mom just ignored her. “Oh, I just talked to Siwon the other day, He is willing to give you another chance.”

“What chance?! Are you crazy, mom? How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not marrying that ?!”

Tiffany’s mom stood up and started walking out towards the door.

“You don’t have to worry anything. I’ll plan the wedding.” Then she closed the door behind her.

Tiffany sat on the couch, covering her face. She screamed in frustration. Taeyeon went to her and hug her.

“It’s okay, Fany-ah. It’s not gonna happen. You won’t marry that guy.” Taeyeon assured her as she pats Tiffany’s back.

 

**

 

Jessica has been crying her eyes out for days. Her friends found out that she’s dating a girl and they even spread it around. Her reputation has been tarnished with this single revelation from Taecyeon and her life ever since she came back was miserable.

Her mom is trying to comfort her but she still insists that she should date Taecyeon for things to get back to normal. Taecyeon just needs Jessica for her reputation also. When Taecyeon asked her out again, she thought about it a lot before she agreed with the condition that this is all just fake and for show.

Even if it’s all fake, she still couldn’t get herself to call Sooyoung because she doesn’t want Sooyoung to know about this, especially if this will break their relationship. She feels so guilty and she misses hearing Sooyoung’s voice.

“Did your mom tell you already?” Taecyeon asked her while they were hanging out in the university.

“What is it?” Jessica is so stiff around Taecyeon’s arms.

“We’ll be the main models for her fashion show next week. Can you believe it? That would be so cool.”

Jessica faked a smile. “Yeah, that would be great.” On the inside, she knows her mom planned this again so that she’ll have more time to spend with Taecyeon. Apparently, the time she was suffering with him in the university isn’t enough.”

 

***

 

Sooyoung went home after a tiring day at work. Taeyeon filled her up with the things that happened with Tiffany’s mom and how Tiffany was so upset about it that Tiffany fell asleep while crying.

“So, how’s your day?”

“Crappy.” That was the first word Sooyoung said after she came home.

“She hasn’t called you again?”

Sooyoung shook her head. “I miss her so much.” Sooyoung said before she drifted into sleep on the couch.

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

Happy Chinese New Year!

I'm so sad for SooSic too.