Chapter 24

Say Yes

 

 

 

Taeyeon went to the washroom to answer her oppa’s call.

“Oppa, I’m still here at the Jung’s. Why are you calling me?” Taeyeon asked in a low voice.

“How are you doing with Tiffany?”

“You made a mistake. Tiffany is just Jung’s niece. The daughter is Jessica. I’m also with her now.”

Kangin is shaking his head on the other end of the line. “What a stupid mistake!”

“What do you want me to do?”

“You wasted you time with that Tiffany. Change target and act fast!”

“Oh, Jessica has a girlfriend.”

“So she likes girls…Make a move on her.”

“WHAT?! Oppa, that’s not in the plan!”

“Just do it. Get her trust I don’t care how you do it, just do it fast!”

Taeyeon sighed before getting off the phone.

What am I doing?!She thought.

 

*

 

When Taeyeon went back to the living room, Tiffany is still comforting Jessica on the couch. Jessica has stopped crying and when Tiffany checked on Sica’s face, she found a sleeping Jessica on her neck.

“I’m gonna take her to her room.” Taeyeon volunteered.

“No, it’s okay.” Tiffany is struggling to lift Jessica up.

Taeyeon giggled. “You look so cute. C’mon, I’ll do it. Just clean up here.”

Tiffany gave Jessica to Taeyeon. Taeyeon lifted her from the ground. “Sorry, she’s hard to wake up once she’s fallen asleep.”

Taeyeon smiled to her. “It’s okay. She’s light as cotton. Where to?”

“It’s the first room after you turn left upstairs. I can lead you.” Tiffany said.

“No need. Don’t worry, I’ll be down once I lay her down.”

Taeyeon carried Jessica to her room. She scanned Jessica’s room. She can tell that Jessica is really girly from her collection of bears, pink couch and a pile of fashion magazines by the study table.

Taeyeon was surprised when Jessica suddenly sat up.

“Sooyoung!” Jessica screamed. Then she started crying when she realized she’s in the room. Taeyeon approached her and sat on the bed.

Jessica just ignored Taeyeon’s presence as she continued to cry her eyes out. She’s not fully awake but even in her sleep, she’s still thinking about Sooyoung. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do so she tried consoling Jessica with a hug. Jessica cried on her arms because she can’t seem to stop anymore.

Taeyeon remembered her conversation with Kangin and realized that this is her chance. She might not get another one again. Jessica pulled out from the hug. She just stared at Jessica’s face before leaning forward and she started kissing Jessica.

At first, Jessica is not responding at all but Taeyeon kept going. A little while later, Jessica responded. She’s just needing someone to comfort her right now. The truth is, she is not fully aware of what she’s doing. She opened her eyes and she realized that it was Taeyeon that she’s kissing.

Her eyes widened and pushed Taeyeon away.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

“Kissing you and you were kissing me back!”

What happened is just sinking in to Jessica. “Oh my God, what did I just do?!”

“Do you need me to repeat…”

“Shut up!” Jessica shouted at Taeyeon. “What are you even doing here?!”

“Tiffany asked me to carry you.” Taeyeon is now standing in front of Jessica who’s still sitting on the bed.

“Why did you kiss me?!”

“Because I like you.”

“You like Tiffany and I’ll never cheat on Sooyoung.”

“You just did. I wonder what she’ll say after she hears about this.” Then a pillow came flying towards Taeyeon. Her reflexes are too fast so she blocked it just in time.

“I was not in the right mind when you kissed me!” Jessica shouted.

“Will she believe that?” Taeyeon asked Jessica. She feels guilty about doing this but she just wants to get this over with.

Jessica screamed and got up to her feet. She started punching Taeyeon and the other just blocked her punches but kept screaming in pain. She pushed Taeyeon towards the door. Then she slammed the door at Taeyeon’s face. She paced back and forth, tears flowing on her eyes. She’s biting her nails while she’s thinking about what she’ll tell Sooyoung. She knows Sooyoung will get hurt when she knows about the kiss. She can’t bear to lose Sooyoung. Not now, not ever.

 

**

 

Tiffany is talking to Sooyoung in the latter’s room. “Why did you just walk out like that? Do you know how much she cried? She fell asleep while crying on my shoulders.”

Sooyoung felt guilty about making Jessica cry but she just doesn’t know what to say to Jessica at the moment. “She’s leaving.”

“So you’re just gonna let her leave?”

“She has to leave eventually.”

“Maybe she is, but can you let her leave mad at you?”

Sooyoung kept quiet.

“At least fight for her.”

“I don’t know how to.”

“You’re being stupid again, Sooyoung. Did you know what I’m most saddened about when I came back to Seoul?”

Sooyoung shook her head.

“I cried for days because you didn’t fight for me. You just gave up on us like that and it hurt so much.” Tiffany fought hard to control her tears.

Sooyoung’s face got up to hug Tiffany.

“Sorry.”

Tiffany hugged her back. She patted Sooyoung’s back while hugging her. “You’ll be sorry again if you let her slip your fingers just like that.”

Sooyoung nodded and smiled. “Thank you for being a great friend.”

Sooyoung noticed Taeyeon by the door. She lets go of Tiffany. “You’re starting to creep me out, Tae. You always appear all of a sudden.” Sooyoung chuckled, wiping the tear that just fell from her left eye.

Tiffany turned around. “Oh, how’s Jessica?”

“She’s still crying when I left her. But she insisted that I leave her alone.” Taeyeon chose to keep the fact for herself for now.

Tiffany shot a glare to Sooyoung.

“Yes, yes. I’ll go to her now.”

 

***

 

Sooyoung knocked on Jessica’s door. Jessica was fully awake that time but she doesn’t want to talk to anyone right now.

“Princess…” She heard Sooyoung’s sweet voice. Then she started panicking. She doesn’t know how to tell Sooyoung about what happened. But she doesn’t want Taeyeon to tell Sooyoung either. She opened the door slowly, peeking on the girl waiting outside the door.

Sooyoung smiled at the pretty girl at the opposite side of the door. She can see Jessica’s swollen eyes and she felt guilty again. She extended her arms, hinting that she wants a hug from Jessica. Jessica ran to Sooyoung’s arms. It’s just what she needs to erase all the pain that she felt that night.

They just hugged each other tightly, not letting each other go.

“Don’t cry anymore, my princess.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica’s ears.

 

 


 

 

Sorry. I know there's a lot of drama.

No Sunbyung for now. Next chapter, promise!

Just believe in SooSica, okay? xD

And guys cheer up. i don't want you sad.