Chapter 18

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Sunny walked out of her room cautious of her every step as she is expecting to see Hyomin anytime. But Hyomin didn’t come out. She looks around, still not convinced that Hyomin is not bugging her this time.

“Where is that girl?” She mumbled to herself.

She ended up walking around the house trying to find Hyomin. But she isn’t anywhere. She found out from one of the maids that she went out with Tiffany this morning.

Because she has nothing to do, she just sat on the couch and watched the cartoons that she likes.

Sooyoung and Jessica didn’t know that Sunny is in the room so they walked in holding hands, giggling with each other.

Then they heard Sunny’s high pitch laugh while watching the tv and Jessica lets go of Sooyoung’s hands.

“What?” Sooyoung mouthed to Jessica. “We’re hiding it from Sunny?”

Jessica touched Sooyoung’s cheeks. “Just for now, baby. We still have to tell Dad.”

Sooyoung nodded. She’s just happy that Jessica called her ‘baby’.

 They sat on the couch next to Sunny. Sunny is now between them.

“Hi, Sunny.”                                                                                                  

Sunny just smiled to them and continued watching the cartoon. Sooyoung and Jessica keeps sharing glances, hiding their smiles from Sunny.

“Sunny, why are you ignoring us?” Sooyoung suddenly said.

Sunny looked at Sooyoung for the first time. “Am I?”

Sooyoung nodded cutely.

“Sorry, baby.” Sunny said while touching both of Sooyoung’s cheeks.

“It’s okay! Just don’t ignore me from now on.”

Jessica is furious right now, seeing Sooyoung and Sunny being sweet to each other. Sooyoung noticed this and smiled to herself. She even put her arms around Sunny who snuggled closer to her.

Jessica couldn’t take it any longer and stood up in front of Sunny, blocking the tv with her hands on her waist.

“Hey, Jessi. You’re blocking the tv.” Sunny pouted.

Jessica didn’t move.

“Sica.”

“What?!”

“Don’t be like this, Sica.”

“Then keep your hands to yourself! And Sunny, Sooyoung is mine now, okay? So move over because I believe that’s my seat.”

Sunny moved farther from Sooyoung, giving space to Jessica. Jessica sat next to Sooyoung and hugged her tightly. Sooyoung put her arms around Jessica, grinning because her plan worked.

Sunny is just staring at them by the side. “You’re together?”

Sooyoung smiled only because she wants to hear it from Jessica again.

“Yeah. She’s mine and I’m hers. Got it?“ Jessica confirmed.

Sooyoung kissed Jessica’s head. Sooyoung grinned at Sunny.

Sunny is still processing everything. “Since when?”

“Two nights ago.” Sooyoung said while staring at Jessica who looked up to see her.

After that, the couple watched tv with Sunny. Sunny forgot about the big revelation and laughed again at the cartoon that she’s watching. Jessica is not even watching. She’s just enjoying hugging Sooyoung.

 

*

 

“I really can’t believe she chose to ignore my confession!” Hyomin hasn’t stop speaking since they left the house. Tiffany is trying to focus on driving but how can she do that if Hyomin keeps on screaming once in a while.

“Why did I fall in love with that shorty?!”

Tiffany smiled to herself.

“Fany, I hid my feelings for years and now that I finally had the courage to tell her my feelings, she pretended it did not happen.”

Fany just looks at the road, trying to focus in driving since she just got her license and she’s still nervous whenever she drives.

“Fany, are you even listening?!”

“Yeah, I am.”

“I won’t do it again. I can’t confess again. It’s so embarrassing.!”

This goes on and on and on. Then suddenly, a bike turned at the intersection and Tiffany didn’t see her turning. Their car almost hit the bicycle but Tiffany managed to step on the brake. But the biker still stumbled off her bike and on the road because of her attempt to avoid being hit.

“AAHHHHHHHHHH!” Hyomin still hasn’t stop screaming.

“OH MY GOD!” Tiffany said. I almost killed someone.

She got off the car still shocked on what happened. The biker is slowly getting up by herself. People on the roadside are also in shocked and the crowd is getting sticker.

“Are you okay? I’m so sorry.” Tiffany said, helping the biker up.

“I’m okay.” The biker stretches her legs, trying to check if she broke her bones or something.

“I’m so sorry. I was really focused on the road but I didn’t see your bike. I’m so so sorry.”

The biker smiled at her. “I’m okay. Thank God you stepped on the brake.”

“Let’s get you the hospital. I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

“But I’m okay.”

“Please, my conscience wouldn’t forgive me.”

“Okay then.”

Tiffany helped the biker get to their car. A man helped them load the bike at the back of the car.

“Are you okay?” Hyomin asked the biker.

“I’m okay.”

They went to the hospital and found out that the biker didn’t fracture any bone.

Hyomin sighed in relief. “Thank God.”

Tiffany looked at the biker. “I’m really sorry.”

The biker giggled. “Stop saying sorry.”

“But I really am.”

“Oh, we still don’t know your name.” Hyomin said.

“I’m Taeyeon.” Taeyeon shook Hyomin’s hands.

“I’m Hyomin and this girl who almost killed you is Tiffany.”

“Hi, Tiffany.”

“Hi. I’m sorry again.”

Taeyeon just laughed when Tiffany said sorry again.

 

**

 

“Dad’s here!” She woke Sooyoung up. They both fell asleep on the couch but she woke up a couple of minutes ago just in time when Mr. Jung arrived.

“Huh?” Sooyoung is still in dazed after her nap.

“Dad’s here. We need to tell him.”

“Oh yeah.” Sooyoung stood up and fix herself. Jessica helped Sooyoung and even fixed Sooyoung’s hair.

“There. You’re perfect.” Then, she smiled at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung smiled at Jessica and took her hands before they went to face Mr, Jung. They didn’t know that he already knows about them because Tiffany already told him last night. He pretended not to know anything and watched them as they approached him.

“Uncle, we would like to talk with you?”

“Is this about the clients? I’ve already took care of it.”

“No. It’s more important. It’s about your daughter.”

“It’s about us, Dad.”

Mr. Jung tried not to smile as he just saw her daughter and Sooyoung’s hands intertwined behind their back.

“What about you two?”

Sooyoung’s hands are sweating right now and Jessica knew Sooyoung is nervous. She whispered to Sooyoung. “Baby, do you want me to say it?”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Uncle, I’m dating your daughter.” Sooyoung closed her eyes while she said it because she didn’t wanna see Mr. Jung’s reaction. Yes, she dated Tiffany a year ago but Mr. Jung is not really Tiffany’s father. Now, it is different. She really felt like she had to gain his approval.

“I can’t allow it.” Mr. Jung said in a flat tone.

“Dad!” Jessica was fast to react.

Sooyoung has now her eyes open but she just stared at Mr. Jung.

Then Mr. Jung started laughing and the two just look at them weirdly. “Dad, have you gone crazy?” Jessica asked seriously.

“No.” He stopped laughing just now. “I just can’t help but laugh with how you both reacted. You know I love you baby, right?”

Jessica nodded.

“And I love Sooyoung as my own daughter too.”

Sooyoung smiled at Mr. Jung’s words.

“Then, I could not be happier for the both of you.”

Sooyoung ran to hug Mr. Jung. Jessica followed.

“You scared me, Uncle.”

After they let go of their hug, Jessica is the first one to speak. “One more thing, dad. Can you stop calling me ‘baby’ because I call Sooyoung ‘baby’ and it’s awkward for me to hear you calling me that.

Both Sooyoung and Mr. Jung laughed.

“Okay, okay.” Mr. Jung put her arm on Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I trust you, okay?”

“I won’t hurt her, Uncle. Don’t worry.”

“Sica, treat Sooyoung nicely, okay? Don’t be too much of a brat.”

“Dad!” Jessica was about to hit her dad but decided to go for a hug when Mr. Jung extended his arms. “I love you, dad.”

It’s the first time Mr. Jung heard that from his daughter ever since her wife left him. He felt tears forming in his eyes. He is facing Sooyoung at that time. He knows this sudden sweetness from his daughter is because of Sooyoung. He mouthed ‘thank you’ to her and Sooyoung just smiled at the sight of the two hugging.

 



 

 

 

Taeyeon's finally here. I can't stand Tiffany being sad.

Anyway, the mystery person will pop out again on the next chapters and will be revealed..SOON. dun dun dun dun. LOL

Thanks for your sweet words. I've gained confidence in my writing already.

Keep your comments coming.

Wait, are there any readers from Singapore?

If there are, I envy you. I really do.hehe