Chapter 39

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

“Sunny?!!” Hyomin couldn’t believe that Sunny is actually in front of her.

Sunny walked closer to her after figuring out that Hyomin will take time absorbing this.

“This isn’t a dream, right?” Hyomin started slapping herself.

Sunny giggled then pinched Hyomin’s arm. Hyomin squealed in pain.

“How dare you hurt me, Sunny bunny?” Hyomin pouted.

“You were taking so much time. I need my hug.” Sunny stretched her arm, waiting for a hug. Hyomin smiled and hugged her girlfriend tightly. The staffs were watching them weirdly, seeing their soon-to-be CEO act so sweet with a girl.

Sunny realized that the people are watching them and broke off from the hug.

Hyomin was disappointed. She pouted her lips. “Now, my kiss.” Hyomin said as she pointed her lips.

Sunny looked around. “Baby, they’re looking at us.”

Hyomin looked around at the staff. “Hey, don’t you have better things to do. Do your work properly. You’re getting paid here people.”

Sunny just stared at Hyomin. “So that was you being bossy, CEO.” She smiled. “That was a little mean though. They work for you. They bring you your money.”

Hyomin was suddenly embarrassed about her treatment to the staff because she realized that Sunny is right. “I’m sorry.” She mumbled.

Sunny giggled. “Let’s get out of here. “ Sunny held Hyomin’s hand and pulled her along.

 

*

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon went to the police station to bail Kangin out. Taeyeon is nervous upon seeing her brother again. Tiffany is nervous as well but she didn’t make it obvious to Taeyeon.

“It’ll be okay.”

Kangin appeared after the police officer. He didn’t smile when he saw Taeyeon. Taeyeon ran to him and hugged him.

“Oppa, why did you do that?”

“Are you here to lecture me? Because if you are, just leave me alone. I don’t need you.”

Taeyeon looked down. She didn’t know what to say to Kangin. Tiffany couldn’t take to see Taeyeon hurt.

She stepped forward and Kangin noticed her for the first time. “If not for her, your will rot behind those bars. Yet, you have no decency to thank her properly. You’re so lucky that she’s your sister, because if you are my brother, I will be happy—“

Taeyeon touched Tiffany’s arm signaling her to stop. “Fany.” She said with a soft tone. Tiffany stopped to look at Taeyeon.

“But Taetae, this is too much.”

A tear fell from Taeyeon’s eyes. “Oppa, I’m sorry. I didn’t come here to blame you for anything. I was really concerned above all things.”

“Taetae, don’t cry. He doesn’t deserve it.” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon while she glared at Kangin.

Kangin scoffed at seeing the closeness of the two. “So you’re together now?”

Tiffany glared at Kangin while she put her arms around Taeyeon. “Why, do you have a problem with that?”

Kangin laughed. “Not really, you’re rich. Good job, Taeyeon-ah. I didn’t know you’re this smart. If you can’t get the Jung, get the cousin.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, wanting to defend herself before Fany believes what Kangin is saying. But Tiffany spoke first.

“Shut up, Kangin. She’s not like you, okay. Thank God for that. Taeyeon, let’s go now.” She tried to pull Taeyeon with her but Taeyeon resisted. She went to hug Kangin again.

“Oppa, please change. I’ll be here for you if you need me.” She hugged him tightly. Kangin just patted her back. Tiffany watched in disbelief but she just waited patiently for Taeyeon. She understands that Taeyeon is really loving and loyal to her oppa. That is the Taeyeon she fell in love with.

 

**

 

Sooyoung and Jessica decided to go the park to relax. They’ve been shopping the whole day and they’re tired. They couldn’t get back to the apartment because they realized they don’t have the key and they know that Tiffany was out with Tiffany. They sat on the bench with Jessica lying on Sooyoung’s lap.

“Baby, I heard you can sing.”

Sooyoung looked down at Jessica who has her eyes closed while speaking.

“Who told you that lie?”

“Tiffany.”

“I’m not that good. Tiffany is just exaggerating things.”

“But you sing?” Jessica is slowly falling asleep.

“I can only sing in front of Tiffany.”

Jessica suddenly woke up and straightened up to have a clear view of Sooyoung. She glared at her, giving her the infamous icy glare. Sooyoung said that accidentally and from the moment Jessica glared at her, she knew she messed up again. She didn’t know what to do because Jessica looks like she was about to burst.

Sooyoung began to sing her favorite song.

Will I always be there for you?
When you need someone, Will I be that one you need?
Will I do all my best to, to protect you?
When the tears get near your eyes
Will I be the one that's by your side? 
Will I be there when you call me in the middle of the night?
Will I keep the rain from falling down into your life?
I promise, I promise
I promise I will 

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica all while. Jessica was lost at Sooyoung’s voice. How can she be this perfect? Jessica thought.

When she still hasn’t said anything, Sooyoung started finding words to take back what she said ealier. “See? I’m not good. That’s why I didn’t want you to hear me singing.”

Jessica shook her head. “No. You were amazingly good, baby. Why are you so perfect?” Jessica said while still in awe at Sooyoung’s voice.

Sooyoung leaned forward to kiss Jessica. “Awww, my baby princess is too sweet.”

Then Sooyoung noticed Jessica’s sudden change of mood. “What’s the matter now? You still don’t believe me?”

Jessica shook her head. “It’s just that my girlfriend is too perfect. It’ll be hard not to fall in love with you. I’m just lucky you’ll stay in the ranch. I’m pretty sure I’m the prettiest girl there.”

“You sound too confident. There’s still Sunny and Tiffany.”

“Who’s the prettiest among the three of us?” Jessica is testing Sooyoung.

“You, of course. I don’t even remember their faces when I’m with you.”

Jessica laughed. “Sweet talker.”

Sooyoung is keeping something from Jessica and she has to say it now. “Sica, about what you said just now. I won’t be living at the ranch anymore. I accepted the job offer here in Seoul.”

“Say what?” Jessica is already thinking of the girls that may come to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung spoke softly. “The company has been bothering me since I graduated, wanting me to work for them.”

“Then what made you say yes this time? Is it because Tiffany is here?”

“Aish…your jealousy. I just realized if I’m going to marry you someday I have to earn money for my princess.”

Jessica was actually touched by her reason. “Are you not earning in the ranch? I could ask dad to increase your salary.”

Sooyoung laughed. “That would be unfair. That would just like your father giving me money to support you.”

“But baby…” Jessica whined while tracing Sooyoung’s collar.

Sooyoung wrapped her around her arms around Jessica. “Baby, I love you.”

“Ok fine. Just don’t look at other girls. God knows what I can do to them when I find out they’re flirting with you.”

“I know too.” Sooyoung smilingly said as she is still hugging Jessica.

 

***

 

A couple of days later, they all went to the airport to say goodbye to Jessica. Mr. Jung even drove to Seoul to bid her farewell. Tiffany and Sunny are crying while they are being hugged and comforted by their respective girlfriend. Sooyoung is trying hard to control her tears. Mr. Choi is behind her, supporting his daughter on this rough time.

Mr. Jung hugged Jessica goodbye. “Come back soon, okay.”

“Of course, dad. I’ll be back in no time. Just have to finish school then I’ll be back home.”

Everyone was so happy to hear this especially Mr. Jung who heard the word ‘home’ from Jessica.

“I love you, darling.”

Jessica smiled and kissed her dad’s cheeks. “I love you too, dad. Thank you for everything.”

Then Jessica looked behind her dad to look at Sooyoung. She pouted when she saw Sooyoung’s tear fell from her left eye.

“Come here, baby.” Sooyoung went to Jessica. From that time, Jessica couldn’t contain her tears anymore.

They hugged each other tightly. Words are not enough to express what they feel right now. They stayed like this for a while until the they heard the call for Jessica’s flight.

“Baby, tell me you’ll wait for me.”

“That is what I’m going to do until you come back, princess.” She cupped Jessica’s face. “You know that I love you, right? More than anything in this world.”

Jessica is still crying. “Baby, I don’t wanna leave you.”

Sooyoung wiped her tears. “You have to, princess. When you come back, we’ll never leave each other’s side anymore. I’ll never let you go, remember that.”

Jessica nodded. They kissed each other passionately until they heard the final call.

Jessica said goodbye to everyone one more time, hugging everyone.

“Tiffany, I know I’ve been a jealous freak when it comes to Sooyoung. But I trust you now. Take care of her, okay?”

Tiffany nodded. “You don’t need to tell me that, Jessi. I’ll take care of her for you.”

Before she left, she kissed Sooyoung one last time.

“I love you, baby.”

“I love you more.” Sooyoung replied. Their fingers separated from each other.

 

 



 

 

 

Hey, there. :))

Finally reached 130 subscribers. i will never get tired of thanking you over and over and over again.

You inspire me to write.

But Jessica left. :'(

And I already miss her.

But this fic has to end soon so...there. i had to do that.