Chapter 50

Say Yes

 

 

 

Jessica has been busy all week preparing  a  surprise party for Sooyoung, of course, with the help of her friends. She invited all of Sooyoung’s friends from home. She even called Sooyoung’s dad and her own dad and they agreed to come. Sooyoung had no idea of what Jessica is planning. Since Jessica has been busy for days, she hasn’t seen Sooyoung in two days and she misses the girl so much already. She dialed Sooyoung’s number on her phone.

Sooyoung answered the phone after three rings. “Hey.” She sounded tired. Sooyoung also has been busy in work because some foreign investors are coming and they’re preparing a good proposal for them.

“Hey, babe. You sound tired, Are you busy?” Jessica said in a worried voice.

Sooyoung almost shook her head, forgetting that Sica couldn’t see her. “No, I’m not. I haven’t seen you in days.”

Jessica sighed. “I know. I miss you, babe.”

Sooyoung kept quiet as she continue typing her report on her laptop.

“Babe, do you miss me too?” Jessica asked.

Sooyoung wasn’t focused on the conversation because of her report.

Jessica is getting impatient. “Babe! Answer me!”

“Huh? You asked something?” Sooyoung brought her focus back to Jessica.

“You’re not listening to me. Maybe you’re not interested in talking to me. That answers my question. You don’t miss me. I’m just gonna hung up.” Jessica said.

Sooyoung panicked. She doesn’t to get on Jessica’s bad side when they still hasn’t started their relationship again. “No babe, don’t hung up.” It was too late when she realized she said the word ‘babe’. She hit  her own head lightly because of her mistake.

Jessica smiled from ear to ear when she heard what Sooyoung said. “You called me babe.” She said softly. “I miss hearing that from you. You can tell me ‘I love you, babe’ to make my day even better.” Jessica has her hopes up now. Maybe the surprise party would be a success after all.

“It was just a mistake, Sica. And don’t get your hopes up with the ‘I love you’ part.” Of course, Sooyoung is just teasing Jessica.

“It’s okay. You’re going to be mine again. Soon, Sooyoung.” Jessica is so excited for Sooyoung’s birthday.

“Yeah, right.” Sooyoung giggled.

“Hey, next Friday. Come by the hotel, ok? I have something to show you.” Jessica actually planned the surprise party at the hotel she’s staying at. That way it would be less suspicious to Sooyoung.

“Okay. So that means I won’t see you till Friday?”

“It depends. If you ask me for a date or something I would probably consider it.” Jessica giggled.

Sooyoung chuckled. “When I’m not busy anymore, Sica. I’ll call you, okay?”

“Okay.” Jessica said while smiling like a fool.

 

*

 

The night finally came. Jessica is so nervous that she couldn’t even entertain her own guests. She’s also planning to confess to Sooyoung that night in front of all of their friends and family. This is the night she’ll get Sooyoung back. Tiffany and Sunny were the one entertaining the guests. Then, her dad entered with Sooyoung’s dad.

“Jessi, my baby!” Mr. Jung called her daughter.

Jessica saw her dad and ran to hug him. “Dad!”

They pulled off from the hug. “I miss you, baby.”

“I miss you too, dad.” Jessica is almost in tears because she really missed her dad when she was away and it was him who comforted her after the break up.

Mr. Choi came into view and when Jessica saw him she immediately bowed to him. “Good evening, Uncle. Thank you for coming.” She bowed again. Mr. Choi and Mr. Jung both laughed at Jessica’s actions.

“So this is the big day, huh?” Her dad asked when he finally stopped laughing.

Jessica nodded. “Yes, dad. I feel like my heart is going to explode. My hands are sweating already.”

“My daughter loves you. She can’t say no to you.” Mr. Choi assured her.

Jessica left the two at their table after thanking Mr. Choi. She went to check with Tiffany.

“Is everything ready?” She asked.

Tiffany smiled. “Everything’s ready, Jessi. It’s all on you now. Make me proud later, okay? Be the most romantic Jessica you could ever be.” Tiffany fixed Jessica’s hair.

Jessica nodded slowly. Sunny came in a rush. “Hey, Siwon and Hyomin’s mom just arrived. Who the hell invited them?”

Hyomin came next. “Somebody tell me why my mother and Siwon is here.”

Tiffany scratched her head slowly. “I invited them.” She smiled sheepishly. Sunny and Hyomin gave her a questioning look while Jessica is too nervous to even pay attention.

“Let’s just make this a happy night for everyone.”

Taeyeon came rushing to them. “Oh my God, I just saw Siwon and Hyomin’s mom. What are we going to do?”

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s reaction. Sunny answered for everyone. “Your annoying wife invited them.”

Taeyeon turned to look at Tiffany.

“Why? I even invited my mom. We still have things to settle.”

“Okay, this night will be an interesting night.”

At that moment, Tiffany’s mom entered the hall and directed herself towards the girls. Hyomin and Sunny escaped the scene. Jessica went to the powder room to check her looks for the thousandth time.

“Hi, mom.” Tiffany said with a smile. This is the first time she’ll be seeing her mom after they she went away with Taeyeon six months ago.

“I don’t know why you invited me here but I see you’re still with that girl.” She scanned Taeyeon from head to toe, staring at her disgustingly. Taeyeon gulped. She felt like Mrs. Hwang is burning her with her eyes.

“Mom.” Tiffany said, suddenly shielding Taeyeon from her mom’s glare. “She’s not just some girl now. She’s my other half now.” Tiffany intertwined her arms with Taeyeon.

“What did you say?” Tiffany’s mom was not sure if she heard it right.

“Yes, mom. We got married. Please be happy for us.”

Tiffany’s mom stared at them, still can’t get over the fact that all her dreams for her daughter has crashed down. She glanced to Tiffany and Taeyeon back and forth. Taeyeon gave her a peace sign and an awkward sign before pulling Tiffany away.

**

 

Sunny didn’t know what happened but she found herself sitting with Hyomin, Siwon and Hyomin’s mom. No one’s talking. The atmosphere is really awkward. Hyomin held Sunny’s hands before she spoke.

“Mom, this is Sunny. She’s…”

“I know her already.” Hyomin’s mom cut her off. “I don’t care what you do and who you’re doing. Just do your work.”

Hyomin spilled the juice she was about to drink.  She was too surprised by what her mom said. Sunny blushed as well.

“This is disgusting.” Siwon stood up and walked away.

“Why? Don’t tell me you haven’t done it yet. You’re both young with raging hormones.”

“Mom!!” Hyomin stopped her mom. She’s just too embarrassed with her mom. She glanced at Sunny and saw her as read as a tomato.

 

***

 

Jessica asked Tiffany to remind her about coming to the hotel. Tiffany dialed Sooyoung’s number. Sooyoung is driving her car when she picked up the phone. It was the company’s car by the way, in case you’re wondering where she got the car.

“Fany?”

“Where are you?” Tiffany asked.

“Driving from work.”

“You didn’t forget about coming over to Jessica’s place, right?”

Sooyoung smiled. “No. How could I? I haven’t seen her for days. I wanna see her.”

Tiffany smiled. Now, she’s sure that they’ll have a happy ending tonight.

“Okay, she asked me to remind you. See you soon. Bye.”

“Bye.” Sooyoung focused on driving again. Then she received a text. She checked her phone and it is Hara.

 

From: Hara

                        Help me. I’m in trouble. Please…

 

Sooyoung immediately drove to the opposite direction to go to Hara.

 

****

 

Jessica was expecting Sooyoung half n hour ago but the girl’s car is still not in view. Tiffany assured her by saying that she just talked to Sooyoung on the phone.

“Maybe something happened to her.” Jessica is getting worried.

“Jessi, stop being paranoid. Maybe she was just stuck on traffic.”

Tiffany suddenly received a message from Sooyoung.

 

From Sooyoung:

                        Emergency. Hara needs help. Can you please explain to Sica?

 

 

*****

 

Sooyoung arrived at Hara’s place. She opened the door which is unlocked. She entered the house.

“Hara! Hara!” She called Hara. The lights are all gone. The whole house is covered with darkness. “Hara! Where are you?” She was really worried for the girl.

Then, suddenly the lights are on. She was surprised to see the house decorated with balloons and other party decorations. There is a table full of her favorite foods at the middle of the room. Then, she saw the girl who asked for her help approaching her from the bottom of the stairs.

“Whatda?!”

“Surprise! It’s your birthday, right?” Hara went to Sooyoung and kissed her cheeks.

“Hara…I told you already –“

She was cut off by Hara’s lips. Sooyoung was so surprised at Hara’s lips on her.

 

******

 

Tiffany didn’t know how to tell Jessica about this. She’s afraid of how Jessica would react. But Jessica saw her changed of expression.

“What did she say?” Jessica asked when she saw Tiffany read the message. Tiffany looked at her worriedly.

“What?” Jessica is getting impatient.

“Something came up. She had to go to Hara.”

Jessica couldn’t believe this. “She’s with Hara?!”

Tiffany approached Jessica to calm her down. “Jessi, she said it’s an emergency. Maybe we could wait for her.”

“Clearly, she wanted to be with Hara on her birthday.” Jessica’s tears are already falling. All of the guests are watching her. She stormed out of the hall.

“Jessi!” Tiffany called her.

 

“I got this. I’ll follow her.” Taeyeon ran to catch up with Jessica.

 


 

 

Few comments. I'm sad.

Tell me what you think. :)