Chapter 37

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Right after Taeyeon read the text from her oppa, she excused herself from the others and tried calling Kangin’s phone. After four rings, he answered the phone. But it was not Taeyeon who answered the phone.

“Is this Kangin’s sister?”

“Yes, who’s this? Where’s my oppa?”

“I’m his friend.  He tried to rob a house last night.”

Taeyeon started to get worried. “I know I don’t know you but can you be his friend and bail him out?”

Taeyeon heard a laugh from the other side. “I can’t do that. I’m broke myself. Let him rot in jail, for all I care.”

Then he hung up the phone. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do. She’s angry at Kangin now. He was the older one, the one who’s supposed to take care of Taeyeon. But somehow, he became a burden to his younger sister.

 

*

 

“Have you booked your flight?” Sooyoung suddenly asked. She doesn’t bring up this topic usually but this time, she knew she had to face reality soon.

Jessica is snuggling close to Sooyoung, her head on Sooyoung’s chest.

“Your heartbeat is like music.”

Sooyoung was surprised by Jessica’s remark. Surely, this is not the answer she’s expecting. “Sica, I’m serious. Let’s talk about this now.” She is playing with Jessica’s hair now.

“I’m also serious here. I love hearing your heartbeats. I can stay here for hours.”

“You can stay there forever.” Sooyoung whispered but Jessica heard it loud and clear.

She giggled. “You’re cheesy.” But Jessica really liked it when Sooyoung is being like this.

“And you love it.” Sooyoung smiled. “So, tell me, when is the big day?”

Jessica’s smile turned into a frown. “Next week.”

It stabbed Sooyoung in the heart. But she tried to compose herself. After all, she’s the one who asked. “How many days do we have exactly?”

“Six.”

“That soon, huh? Are you even planning to tell me?”

“Of course. I was just waiting for the right time and thinking of a way to say it. It hurts me too, you know.”

Sooyoung kissed Jessica on top of head. “I know. So, how do you plan to spend the next six days?”

Jessica looked up at Sooyoung. “Baby, I don’t like the word ‘spend’. It’s like throwing something away. Let’s just say that we will live the next six days.”

Sooyoung nodded and smiled at Jessica’s response. “Yeah, we will live it to the fullest.”

 

**

 

Taeyeon doesn’t want to hide this from Tiffany. They promised each other that won’t keep secrets from each other. She’s not planning to break that promise, or any other promise she made with Tiffany.

“What do want to tell me, Taetae?  You sounded so serious earlier.

Tiffany is sitting at Taeyeon’s lap while Taeyeon is hugging Tiffany by her waist.

“I know this isn’t your problem. But I told you I would not keep something from you.”

“What is it, Tae?”

Taeyeon breathed deeply before opening . “It’s Kangin.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened when she heard the name. “Did he contact you? What did he say? What does he want from you?”

“Fany, it wasn’t him I talked to. It was his friend. He tried robbing a house and now he’s in jail.”

“Oh my God.” Tiffany tuned around to look at Taeyeon. “That’s terrible.”

Taeyeon looked down, embarrassed by her brother’s actions. Upon seeing this, Tiffany regretted her words. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon-ah.”

“It’s okay. I’m just really embarrassed for what my brother did.”

Tiffany caressed Taeyeon’s face to comfort her.  “I’m sure he’ll be okay. Maybe his friend will bail him out.”

Taeyeon removed Tiffany’s hands from her face and hold tightly. “That’s the problem. I’m the only one you would do that.”

Tiffany was fast to think of something. “You’re worrying about money to bail him out?  I can give you the money you need.”

“Fany, that’s not really necessary. I can’t just take money from others.”

“But Taeyeon, I’m not ‘others’. I’m your girlfriend and what’s mine is yours too. Please take my money. I’ll be sad if I continue to see you worrying for your brother.”

“Okay, but I promise I will work to earn the money and pay you back.”

“But your love is enough for me, Taetae.” Tiffany said and pecked Taeyeon’s lips.

“Sweet Fany, I love you.”

“Love you too, Taetae.” Tiffany showed her eye smile that melt Taeyeon’s heart.

Taeyeon almost forgot about the bigger problem. “Fany?” She called Fany’s attention again.

“Hmm?” Tiffany looked at her.

“We have another problem.”

“What is it?”

“He’s in Seoul.”

 

***

 

“WHAT?!”

Sunny almost dropped her glass of water when she heard Tiffany’s voice. Even Sooyoung and Jessica heard her. The three of them hurried to the porch to check on the couple.

“What’s the problem?” Sunny asked immediately after she arrived while Sooyoung and Jessica just followed behind her.

Tiffany ignored Sunny but continued to stare at Taeyeon. Tiffany is now standing in front of Taeyeon.

“Let’s just watch.” Sooyoung told Sunny in a low voice as she s her arms around Jessica’s waist, resting her chin on Jessica’s shoulder.

“Fany…” Taeyeon approached Tiffany but Tiffany backed away from Taeyeon’s touch.

“So your plan is…?” Tiffany is waiting for an answer.

“Maybe I could go to Seoul for a couple of days. I’ll just try to settle everything….”

But Tiffany cut her out. “And what? Who knows what you’re brother is capable of doing. He could force you to stay with him. He’ll just use you again.”

“Kangin oppa would never hurt me.” Taeyeon defended her oppa.

“Yeah, right.” Tiffany said in a sarcastic tone.

“Tiffany is really being mean right now.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica. But apparently, she doesn’t know how to whisper because Tiffany heard it too. She realized that what Sooyoung said is true. When she looked back at Taeyeon, she could see tears falling from Taeyeon’s eyes. Her heart ached at the sight.

She went to hug Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, Taetae. I was being childish. He’s your brother, I should understand that.”

Taeyeon hugged Tiffany.

“Awww..” Jessica, Sooyoung and Sunny said at the same time.

This made Taeyeon and Tiffany laugh. “Taetae, if you want I can come with you. Seoul is my home, after all.”

Jessica suddenly had this brilliant idea.

“We’re all going to Seoul!”

 

 

 



 

 

Finally had time to update and reply to your comments! :))

Hi to new readers! Wow, i've reached 125 subscribers. thank you, guys! :))

Hope you liked the update especially to the people who kept saying i should update.

You know who you are. hehehe <3

And I know, I said i'll end this fic when i reach 40 chapters.

Not sure with the exact number of chapter but this fic is really ending soon. 

Hang on there! :))