Chapter 12

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

The next day, Jessica is not feeling well. She keeps vomiting every now and then. She also has a terrible headache. The only reason she drank last night was because she doesn’t want to leave Sooyoung and Tiffany with each other. She won’t fall asleep thinking about what they are doing. She covered herself with the blanket and keeps whining about the pain. Jessica has always been like this. She’s too fragile but every time she’ll get sick, she refuses to go to the doctor because she doesn’t like hospitals.

Sunny came in to take care of the sick girl. When Jessica saw Sunny enter the room, she covered herself with the blanket again and faced the other side of the room again. It’s not who she wants to see.

“Jessi, don’t be a cry baby and eat. I made you soup.” Sunny said while she picks up random things that Jessica threw around her room.

“I don’t want to eat. My head hurts!” Jessica whined again. Sunny sighs and force to remove the blanket from covering Jessica. Sunny is quite strong so she didn’t really struggle that much,

“Hey, be careful! Can’t you see I’m sick?”

Sunny is getting impatient with her friend. ‘Can’t you see I’m sick?’ Sunny mocked Jessica. “Don’t ever drink again. If you want Sooyoung to notice you, just confess.

“Who said I like her?”

“Are you really gonna play that game with me? I guess I’ll just go down and tell Sooyoung that she should take Tiffany back.” Sunny acted like she was about to leave the room.

Jessica threw her pillow hitting Sunny’s head, “Ouch!” Sunny glared at Sunny. “You said you don’t like her.”

“I didn’t say I don’t like her.”

“So you do like her?”

Jessica did not answer. “Just feed me now, okay?”

Sunny gave it up and approached Jessica’s bed to feed her. “Sometimes things can be easier if you just say yes, you know.”

Jessica pretended not to hear Sunny.

 

*

 

Sooyoung is talking to Mr. Jung about business when Tiffany entered the room. She looked at Mr, Jung and he nodded.

“Tiffany! We were just about to finish our talk here…”

Sooyoung looked weirdly at Mr. Jung. “But sir, we’re still not finished…”

“Oh, sorry. I could just find something to do somewhere else.” Tiffany said.

Mr. Jung was fast to respond. “No, we’re done. Sooyoung, I remember I have to meet a client in town. Let’s talk about it later, okay?”

Sooyoung knew he’s just making that up so she can be with Tiffany. Sooyoung still feels awkward around Tiffany. But at least now, there’s closure already on what happened between them. Sometimes, she finds herself asking if there’s still a chance for them but she shakes her head each time because she doesn’t want to get through the same pain again.

Surprisingly, she thinks about Jessica a lot these past few days. She’s always stealing a glance whenever Jessica’s not looking. She finds it cute whenever Jessica would get mad and whine. Jessica makes her smile just by simplest things she would say. But she couldn’t entertain the thought of liking her. She can’t fall for someone who will leave again.

**

 

Sunny went down and is washing the dishes when she saw Hyomin enter the kitchen while touching her head. She’s also having a headache after last night.

“Where’s the bathroom?” She seems lost. Sunny pointed the bathroom and waited for her to come out. She keeps thinking about what Hyomin said last night. Hyomin came out, looking a little refresh than earlier.

“Hangover?”

Hyomin nodded. “I can’t drink too much.”

“I should know after I carried you to your room last night.”

Hyomin put her hands on in shock then feeling embarassed. “Oh my God! I’m so sorry. Did I do something weird? I act weird when I’m drunk.”

“Nothing much really except for singing ‘Sunny’ and saying ‘I love you’.

Another shock for Hyomin.

“Don’t worry. You think I would believe that?!” Sunny laughed. “You won’t fool me, Hyomin.”

Hyomin smiled nervously because she confessed to Sunny unintentionally and she did not even believe her. When Sunny left the room, she lets out a sigh of relief. But one side of her wanted Sunny to know about her feelings already. After all, she’s been hiding her feelings since high school.

 

**

 

“I have to work. Excuse me.” Sooyoung excused herself from Tiffany. But Tiffany was quick to hold her by her wrist.

“I know what you’re doing. Please don’t avoid me.” Tiffany said while looking down.

“I’m not avoiding you. I’m also an employee here. So I have to do my job.” Sooyoung walks away.

Tiffany was disappointed at how Sooyoung treats her. She can tell that she loosened up a little already but sometimes she’s still cold to Tiffany. Then Tiffany heard Hyomin coming. She keeps on while mumbling and talking to herself.

“Stupid, Hyomin. Pabo, pabo, pabo!!!”

Tiffany laughed at her weird friend. “What happened?”

Hyomin saw Tiffany and looked excited to tell someone about her frustrations.

“Technically, I confessed to Sunny.”

Tiffany screamed in joy then stopped halfway. “Wait. Technically?”

“Yes, because I was drunk when I told her I love her. Plus, she took it as a joke. Aaarrgghhhh!” Hyomin attempted to hit her head on the wall but she got scared and continued whining.

Tiffany laughed. Hyomin pouted.

“You can’t blame Sunny. You bullied her in high school and suddenly you’ll tell her that you love her. That makes you bipolar, my dear.”

Hyomin screamed again, still confused on how she should act towards Sunny now.

****

 

Jessica is still lying on her bed staring at the ceiling.

“Hey there, princess.” Sooyoung gave out a smile that melted Jessica.

She smiled for the first time that day. “Soo.” She said softly. “Why are you here?”

“I heard from Sunny that you’re sick and you’re whiny.”

“Don’t you have work to do?”

“Uncle Jung entrusted you to me, remember. So right now, I’m working.” Sooyoung winked at Jessica. Jessica is trying to sit that time but almost fell when Sooyoung winked. Sooyoung was fast to support Jessica.

“Be careful.” Sooyoung helped her sit on her bed.

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled shyly.

“Why did you drink when you’re weak in alcohol? Don’t do that again.” Sooyoung sat on the edge of Jessica’s bed.

Jessica is in a daze because Sooyoung is so close to her now. “Well, everyone is going to drink. What do you expect me to do?”

“So if everyone is doing something, you’ll do it too?”

“No.”

Sooyoung laughed. “You don’t make any sense.”

“You were drinking with Tiffany, that’s why.” Jessica looked at the floor, too shy to see Sooyoung’s reaction.

Sooyoung painted a smile on her face. “So are saying that you’re jealous?”

Jessica blushed and ignored Sooyoung’s gaze.

“Does that mean you like me?” Sooyoung showed her sweetest smile.

She moved closer to Jessica. Jessica tried avoiding Sooyoung’s eyes. “Sica…” Sooyoung is still catching Jessica’s eyes. She moved even closer to Jessica, they’re face only a few inches apart. She holds Jessica’s chin so that Jessica will have to look at her.

They are now both lost in their own world, staring at each other’s eyes.

 

 



 

 

you like it?hehe

i love it when i write soosica moments.

and then the image is just perfect, right?