Chapter 1

Say Yes

 

 

 

Jessica fixes her make up the minute she got one the car beside the GIRL driver. The driver scoffs at Jessica’s actions.

“Is there something bothering you?” said Jessica, her voice showing annoyance.

“Huh?” Sooyoung said as she focuses her eyes on the road.

“Why were you laughing? Something funny? Jessica asked again.

“I’m just thinking…you don’t know me, right? But you’re with me.” Sooyoung slowed down the car as she greeted the people walking on the sidewalk. They all greeted Sooyoung with the warmest smiles.

“If you’re planning to do something bad to me, you wouldn’t greet every single person you see on the sidewalk. If you want to introduce yourself, go ahead. I have no choice but to hear you out, right?”

 

 

*

 

                Wow, this girl is really cold, Sooyoung thought. That’s the perfect term, she’s cold. She wouldn’t have agreed when she was asked to pick Jessica up from the airport. She has so many things to do at the ranch. From what she heard from the other workers, Jessica’s not friendly and nice towards them. Sooyoung knew then that Jessica is not someone that she’ll be fond of.  But it was Mr. Jung who asked a favor so she didn’t even think twice when he approached her.

 

                She carefully stole a glance at the girl beside her and found her sleeping. Knowing that the travel to the ranch is only fifteen minutes, Jessica still fell asleep. Sooyoung glances at her from time to time, checking if she’s alright. Looking at her, Sooyoung couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Jessica is. She looks like an angel, Sooyoung thought. Sooyoung is amazed at how her skin glows as the sunlight strikes her face at the perfect angle.

 

                But when she thinks of beauty, another girl comes to mind. She is not just another girl because she’s the angel of her life. One year has passed since she last saw her but the memories of their times together are still fresh in Sooyoung’s mind. But with the memories of their love is also the pain and hurt she felt when the girl left her. Her heart was torn into pieces and up until now, Sooyoung’s not sure if she will ever fall in love again. She can’t help but wonder if the girl is happy with her life now.

                Sooyoung immediately wipes the tears that was about to fall from her eyes and focused her eyes on the road instead.

 

**

 

 

 “Jessica, we’re here.”

“Five more minutes.”

“Jessica, wake up.”

“I don’t want to…” She was dreaming about her dream guy back in the States, Taecyeon. Jessica lingered on her dream hoping that her dream would resume to where it was interrupted. She then realized that it was not her mom waking her up. Jessica opened her left eye first and saw this stranger beside her.

Jessica realized that they’ve arrived at the ranch. She stretched her arms. She saw her father and a line of workers waiting for her by the front door.

“You’re father misses you every day.” Sooyoung looks at Jessica and smiled.

“Hey, you didn’t introduce yourself earlier,” Jessica remembered that she don’t know anything about this girl.

“I thought you’d never ask. It’s Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung got off the car after answering Jessica.

“What the --? She won’t open the door for me?” Jessica mumbled.

 

                Jessica watched Sooyoung as she walks away, not towards the house but towards the gate. She realized that she needs to get out of the car already. She walks towards the house. His father’s arms are extended, waiting for a hug from the daughter that he missed. Jessica gave him a hug that he deserves. The workers greeted her warmly. She hardly smiled at them.

 

“How was your flight, Sic--..Jessica?” Mr. Jung remembered that Jessica doesn’t like being called Sica anymore. He gave her a nervous smile.

“It’s okay. My suitcases are still on the car. That Sooyoung didn’t even open the door for me.” She didn’t wait for his father’s reply and spoke again, “I’ll be in my room. Is it ready?”

“I didn’t change anything. Sunny cleaned it a couple of days ago.” Mr., Jung proudly answered. Jessica recognized Sunny, her childhood friend who is also their maid now. She couldn’t attain to be cold at her best friend. She smiled to her and Sunny responded with the cutest wink.

“Sunny, go to my room when you’re free,” said Jessica without even looking at Sunny. Then, she struts towards the house.

 

 

***

 

That night, at dinner…

Jessica is eating quietly and her dad decided to broke the silence.

“This house really felt empty without you, honey,” Jessica’s dad stares at her intently but fails to catch her daughter’s attention. After a few minutes, Jessica decided to speak as well.

“Dad, just to clear things up, I’m here because Mom asked me this favor. I’m here now but not for long.” Jessica looked at his dad’s eyes for the first time in two years. His dad showed a smile, feeling hurt inside.

Jessica finished eating. “Where’s Sunny?”

His father looked at his watch. “Sunny asked my permission if she could  go with Sooyoung to watch this play in the plaza. They might probably be back by nine.”

Jessica stood. “I’m done. Goodnight, dad.” She kissed her dad’s cheeks. She left her dad eating by himself.

 

****

 

 

                Jessica woke up after twelve hours of sleep. She noticed that the windows are covered by the blinds to keep the sunlight from waking her up. She heard movements from the other side of the room and found Sunny unpacking her suitcases. Jessica smiled. She realized that she missed her best friend.

“Thank you,” Jessica said softly but audible enough for Sunny to hear.

“Oh, the princess is awake.”

“Don’t call me princess.” Jessica threw her pillow to Sunny and it hit Sunny’s head.

“Ya! You’ve not changed. You’re still violent, Jessi,” Sunny continued folding Jessica’s clothes neatly and carefully putting it in the closet. “Your father left early and told me to remind you to eat breakfast before going anywhere.”

Jessica just fixed her pillows a bit then she lied down again. “Where were you last night?”

Sunny sat on the edge of Jessica’s bed and answered Jessica in high spirits. “We went to the plaza and watched this beautiful play. Then we had dinner. When I came back, you’re asleep already.”

 

“We?” Jessica asked even though she already knows who was Sunny with.

 

“Sooyoung.” She looked at Jessica. Jessica used both her hands to tell Sunny to elaborate. “Oh, right. You left before Sooyoung’s family came here in the ranch. Her father is your father’s right-hand here in the ranch. She lives here too. Their house is on the other side of the mountain. She lives here to be her dad and help out here in the ranch.”

“And she’s your new best friend?” Jessica fired back.

Sunny laughed. “Yeah, kind of. You were gone for two years and I can’t make new friends? Besides, Sooyoung is everyone’s friend, really. Everyone loves her.”

“Including my dad.”

“Yeah, and your cousin…Oops,” Sunny knows she shouldn’t have said that.

“Cousin? Who?” Jessica was curious she finally sat down beside Sunny. “Sunny, who?”

Sunny closed her eyes when she answered. “Tiffany.”

“Tiffany was here? When?” Tiffany is Jessica’s favorite cousin. They’re in the same age. But apart from that, they don’t have anything in common. But still, they really loved each other ever since they were young. Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny grew up together in the ranch.

Sunny stood up. “She was here for about six months, I think. That was last year.”

“Then why were you so afraid to tell me earlier?” Jessica grabbed Sunny’s wrist who was about to walk out of her room.

“You always get mad at me back then cause I can’t keep secrets, right?”

Jessica just nodded, waiting for Sunny’s next words.

“Sooyoung and Tiffany…”

“Uh-huh…” Jessica’s still waiting.

“They dated.” Sunny blurted out the words so fast but Jessica still understood her. Her eyes grew wide.

“WHAT?!”

 


 

 

Yeay! Chapter 1!

I don't wanna trouble myself with the title, so i just named it as "Chapter 1".

Sorry, my creative juices are not working. hehe

Thank you for my first subscribers.

Don't forget to leave your comments. 

Have a good day everyone!