Chapter 19

Say Yes

 

 

 

Upon seeing Hyomin by the bottom of stairs, Sunny stomped her way down. When Hyomin saw her, Hyomin stood up from sitting and waited for Sunny to reach her level.

“Hi! Bye!” Hyomin quickly walks away.

“Hey, where are you going? Come here!” Sunny shouted.

Hyomin slowly walked her way back to Sunny.

“Help me in the kitchen.”

“You want me to help you?”

“Do I have to repeat what I said? I hate it when I repeat myself. If you don’t want—“

“No! It’s not that. I’ll help you.”

“Fine, then follow me.”

 

*

 

“Where’s Tiffany?”

That’s the first thing Sooyoung said right after she went out of her room the next day. Then, out of nowhere a pillow hit her in the head.

“Awww.” She turned to where the pillow came from and saw Jessica glaring at her by the couch.

“That’s for not greeting me first before asking for Tiffany.”

Sooyoung went to give Jessica her morning kiss. “Good morning, princess.” She grinned at her. Jessica’s frown lightens into a smile.

“Now, where’s Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked again.

Jessica hit her again with another pillow.

“Awwww.”

Just then, Sunny appeared from the kitchen and answered Sooyoung’s question.

“She went to town to meet someone. Why do you ask?”

“Yes, why do you ask?” Jessica is waiting for her answer.

“Well, my dad loves her cooking. I just figured I would ask her to cook for my father because he’s coming later.”

Jessica turned to the other side. “I really have to learn how to cook soon.” She mumbled.

Sooyoung giggled at hearing Jessica. “Oh, and I’ll introduce you to dad as my girlfriend.

At that, Jessica almost fell off of the couch. “What?! I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I’m not feeling well. I don’t want him to see me sick.”

“You look fine. How are you feeling?” Sooyoung checked her temperature by touching her by her forehead and her neck. “You’re totally fine.”

“I’m not. I own this body. I know.”

Sooyoung saw through Jessica and knew that she’s lying. “You’re lying. You’re nervous to meet my dad, aren’t you?”

“I’m not!” Jessica said defensively.

 

**

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon met up in a restaurant in town and they sat by the window. Taeyeon wanted to order juice only but Tiffany insisted that she should eat because she wants to treat the other girl.

“Thank you. Are you always this nice to a stranger?”

“Not really. Maybe I just feel guilty for what happened yesterday.”

“Oh.” Taeyeon took a bite from her burger.

“Are you always this quiet?” Tiffany asked.

“Not really. Maybe just to someone who almost killed me yesterday.” She laughed, not realizing Tiffany did not take it as a joke.

“I’m really sorry for what happened.” Tiffany is looking down.

Taeyeon felt bad about making Tiffany feel guilty again.

“I was just joking. Please smile now.” Taeyeon said. “I like it better when you smile. You have a beautiful eye smile.” Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany who blushed at the unexpected compliment.

“Hey, I have to go.” Taeyeon suddenly stood up. Tiffany stood up also and grab the Taeyeon’s wrist before she leaves.

“We just got our food. Why the sudden need to leave?” Tiffany didn’t want Taeyeon to leave because she likes to keep her mind off of things in the ranch.

“I just have to. Thanks for the treat.” Taeyeon left the restaurant before Tiffany could even follow her.

“Alone. Again.” Tiffany ate by herself.

Unaware, there’s someone watching him from the other opposite side of the road.

 

***

 

“Dad! Sooyoung hugged her dad while Jessica is just behind her, her heart is pounding so loud.

“Hi, Ms. Jessica.” Mr. Choi greeted her. He had never talked to Jessica before but from what he heard from the other workers, she’s not very friendly.

Jessica seemed lost and when she realized Mr. Choi is talking to him, she quickly bowed as a response. It’s the first time Sooyoung is seeing polite Sica and she was surprised together with her dad.

“Are you really sick?” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica.

Jessica did not get it. “I’m fine.” She whispered back.

“Where’s Tiffany? She promised me last time she would cook for me.” Mr. Choi looked around.

“Oh, Tiffany had to go someplace else. Maybe next time.”

“Okay then. Have you two gotten back together? You seem comfortable talking about her now.”

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica behind her but maybe she’s still nervous to feel jealous right now.

“The truth is dad, we’re not getting back together because I’m with someone else now.”

Mr. Choi laughed. “Who’s the unlucky girl now?”

Sooyoung tilt her head to the right side to point Jessica.

“Huh? What--?” Then Mr. Choi finally got it. “Ms. Jessica?”

Jessica bowed again. “It’s Jessica, Uncle.”

Sooyoung looked at Jessica weirdly. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“It’s nice to meet you, Uncle. You raised a wonderful person.”

“Baby, what’s happening to you?” Sooyoung asked again. Her arms are around Jessica’s shoulders now.

“What a surprise.” Mr. Choi smiled. “If that’s the case, welcome to the family, Jessica.”

“Dad! We just started dating a few days ago. It’s not like we’re getting married tomorrow.”

Jessica is now blushing. She bowed again without any reason.

Sooyoung laughed at Jessica’s actions. “You are so cute, princess.”

 

****

 

Hyomin just finished helping Sunny in the kitchen and they’re both resting. Hyomin is just staring at Sunny.

“Sunny Fact Number 1: I don’t like when someone stares at me.” Sunny said.

Hyomin suddenly divert her focus on something else. Sunny giggled at her actions. Hyomin left the room and this made Sunny frown. But then, Hyomin came back with a paper and pen on her hand.

“What are you doing?”

“Writing ‘Sunny Fact Number 1’. You’re finally talking to me. I have to remember everything you say.” Hyomin smiled at Sunny.

“Whatever.” Sunny is starting to feel comfortable around Hyomin. After the confession she got, she felt awkward being around her. But now, she is slowly seeing Hyomin’s good side.

 

*****

 

Jessica knocked at Tiffany’s door. “Fany, it’s me.”

Seconds later, Tiffany opened the door. “Jessi, what do you need? Come in.”

“I just realized we haven’t bond since you came back.” Jessica said as she entered Fany’s room.

She noticed a picture of Tiffany with Sooyoung by the bedside.

“Oh, sorry. They didn’t redecorate the room after I left. I would remove it later.”

“No, it’s okay.” Jessica smiled at her.

“Why did you come here again?”

“I told you already. I just wanted to bond with you. I missed you so much, Fany.”

“Missed you too.” Fany hugged Jessica tightly.

“Sleepover!” Jessica declared then went to Fany’s bed and finding her comfortable position. Tiffany giggled at Jessica’s actions and went to bed with her. They’re both afraid of the dark so they kept the lights on.

“Goodnight.” Fany said.

“Ah, Fany. One question.”

“Uh-huh.” Tiffany has her eyes closed already.

“Can you teach me how to cook?”

Tiffany laughed again. “I knew it. You need something from me.”

 

 



 

 

 

I was supposed to update last night but I had connections problem.

I see you guys liked that I added Taeny. hehe

They're my 2nd OTP, of course next to SooSic(SooSicFany).hehe

Comments guys! They inspire me to write. :)