Chapter 45

Say Yes

 

 

When Jessica arrived at the airport, she immediately called Tiffany. She was her only contact to Sooyoung aside from Sunny. She doesn't know what to expect upon seeing Sooyoung again, but she can't stay in America anymore. She has to do something unless she wants to be miserable for life.

"Fany?" She asked when the other girl answered the phone.

"Hey. It's early." Tiffany sounded she just woke up.

"It's 10."

"Hey, you are not in the place to lecture me on waking up early. Besides, I was busy with Taeyeon last night."

"Ewww! Eww! Ewww! Spare me your story. I don't need to know about your life because I don't have one." 

Tiffany giggled."Sorry. Why did you call then?"

"I'm back!!!" Jessica said in a very excited tone.

"Really?!!!" Tiffany shouted on the phone that she woke the sleeping Taeyeon beside her.\

"Who's that? It's early." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Sorry, Taetae. Continue your sleep. It's just Jessi. She's back."

The other girl did not react because she fell asleep again before Tiffany finished answering her question. Tiffany smiled upon seeing the sleeping angel beside her. Then, she realized her cousin is still on the phone.

"Fany!" Jessica has been calling her out.

"I'm still here. Don't shout." Tiffany rubbed her ears.

"Sorry, I thought I lost you. Anyway, I'm still at the airport right now. Can I go to your place?"

Tiffany was about to agree when she remembered that Jessi doesn't know that she moved in with Taeyeon. "About that, I forgot to tell you that I moved in with Taeyeon."

"Already?!! That's fast." People are starting to stare to Jessica because she is being so loud.

"Let's just say I have a lot to tell you." Tiffany feels guilty about not telling Jessica about her marriage.

"Meet me for lunch. I’ll text you where, You can go with Taeyeon if you want.”

 

 

*

 

 

Sooyoung is working on a proposal she has to present the next day. Hara approached her to give her the coffee she made. Hara is not Sooyoung’s secretary but she always served Sooyoung with coffee ever since they’ve become close to each other. She thanked Hara before she went back to her proposal.

Actually, Sooyoung has been thinking about what Tiffany said about Hara. Can it be true that she likes me? Sooyoung thought. Sooyoung considers Hara her best friends now and the last thing she wants to do is hurt Hara in any way. She has been the nicest person to her in this office. She listened to Sooyoung cry on the phone when she misses Jessica. In just a short span of time, Hara has become a part of Sooyoung’s life.

It is noon already but Sooyoung is still typing on her computer. Hara made her way to Sooyoung. “Hey, lunch buddy. Wanna have lunch outside the office?” Hara asked her.

Sooyoung looked up from the computer. “What’s the occasion?”

“Do we need an occasion to eat outside? This office is suffocating. I just want to breathe.”

“Okay, hang on. I still have to finish this part,” Sooyoung got back to her work but Hara pulled her along.

“C’mon now. I’m hungry.” Hara dragged Sooyoung along.

 

**

 

Tiffany hugged her cousin the moment she spotted her in the restaurant. Taeyeon did the same thing. Jessica is so happy that she gets to see the people closed to her the most.

“Now, tell me. When did you start living together?” Jessica asked after they settled down on their seats.

“Just recently, after we got back from Asutralia.” Tiffany said. She then turned to Taeyeon, her eyes asking Taeyeon to tell Jessica. Taeyeon just shook her head.

“Hey, Jessi, You’re missing the big detail of the story.”

“Huh?” Jessica is busy munching her sandwich.

“We’re living together because we’re married.” Tiffany dropped the announcement. Jessica almost got choked.

She drank her glass of water while Tiffany and Taeyeon smiled nervously.

“Congratulations!” Jessica stood up to give the couple a big hug. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Jessica complained to Tiffany. “I would have been a great bridesmaid.”

Tiffany laughed. “I’m sorry. We did it when we were abroad, Not here of course. Even Sooyoung and the others had no clue about it.”

Jessica’s face changed the moment she heard Sooyoung’s name. Tiffany noticed it as well as Taeyeon.

“Did you come back because of her?” Taeyeon asked Jessica.

Jessica nodded slowly. “How is she?”

“She’s a lot better now.”

“Does that mean she moved on already?” Jessica asked the question that she knows might hurt her so much.

“I don’t know about that. Remember, I’m still protecting her.” Tiffany said.

“Yah! I’m your cousin. Your loyalty should be on me.” Jessica blurted out, wanting to have answers to her question, even if it might hurt her.

Tiffany giggled but she ignored Jessica’s question again. “When are you going to see her?

“As soon as you give me her whereabouts.”

“You sounded like a stalker.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Jessica Jung, let’s set this matter straight. Are you going to hurt her again?” Tiffany asked.

“No! I came here to fixed things. I wouldn’t want to mess it again. I love her. I never stopped loving her.”

Tiffany nodded.

“So?” Jessica smiled like a cute puppy to Tiffany.

“Just let her fix it, babe.” Taeyeon told Tiffany.

“Fine.” Tiffany finally gave in. She typed something on her phone. “There, that’s her office address. She’s still living in Hyomin’s apartment.”

“Thank you so much.” She shakes Tiffany’s hand over and over again. “You’re the best, Fany.”

 

***

 

Meanwhile, at another restaurant...

 

Hara and Sooyoung are eating lunch by themselves. Hara noticed Sooyoung being quiet. “Something wrong? It seems like something’s bothering you all day.”

Sooyoung realized that Hara is talking to her. “Huh?”

Hara giggled. “You’re here physically, but your mind is somewhere else.”

Sooyoung got the courage to ask Hara about her feelings. “I just want… I don’t know how to say this, but…Wait..” Sooyoung doesn’t know how to say it.

Hara just giggled at her cuteness. “Go on. I don’t bite. Say it.”

“Do you like me?” Sooyoung said softly. But Hara heard it. She did not answer right away.

“Did you hear me?”

“Yeah, I was just thinking about it.”

“Oh.” Now, the atmosphere between them is really awkward.

“What if I say yes? Are you going to be mad?”

“No. But I’m worried that I may not reciprocate whatever feelings you have for me.”

“It’s okay. I do like you. But I’m not asking you to like me that.”

Sooyoung felt bad because she knows she hurt Hara just now. “Hara, I hope this won’t change anything between us. You’re my best friend, you know.”

Hara put on a smile. “Of course, I would never leave you. I’m just here.”

Sooyoung reached out for Hara’s hands. “Thank you for not leaving me.”

Hara blushed and stared at Sooyoung's hand holding hers. 

 

 



 

 

Sooyoung and Jessica will meet again on the next chapter.

SooHara..mmmm.... good couple. JK. :)))

I'm loyal to my OTP.

Comments please.... :)))

Love you all!