Chapter 48

Say Yes

 

 

 

Sooyoung has not seen Jessica after that breakfast meeting. It has been a couple of days already and no sign of Jessica. You said you’ll stay by my side. Where are you now? Of course, Sooyoung can always text or call Jessica anytime but she because of her pride, she refused to do that.


Sooyoung is finalizing a presentation when she heard a knock on her office door. It was Hara.


“Oh , Hara.” Sooyoung noticed the bouquet of flowers on Hara’s arms. “Why do you have flowers? Who gave it to you?”


Hara did not smile when she answered. “It’s not for me. It’s for you and it’s from your ex.”


Sooyoung’s heart skipped a beat when she heard that it’s from Sica. Hara shoved the flowers to Sooyoung’s arms.
“Hey! Be careful. They’re my flowers!” Sooyoung whined.


Hara ignored her. “You told me you don’t like flowers.”


Sooyoung did tell Hara that. “Roses are my favorite. I didn’t say I don’t like roses.” She gave Hara an excuse.


“You like it because it’s from Jessica.” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out to Hara. “Go back to work, Hara.”


Hara started her way towards the door. “Hey, we’re still on tonight, right?”


“Yeah.” Sooyoung answered then continued admiring her flowers. After Hara left, she noticed the card on the flowers.

                                                Baby~  I miss you so much. I love you. <3
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Your Princess


Sooyoung can’t help but smile on Jessica’s sweet words. Jessica is not the sweet type so these small gestures are really precious to Sooyoung. She has been thinking a lot about their relationship. Sooyoung knew that she wants nothing but to be with Jessica again. But Jessica has to gain her trust again. It will be a long shot but Sooyoung is willing to give her the chance.


Sooyoung drew her phone from her bag. She sent a text to Jessica.

To: My FRIEND Jessica
Thanks for the flowers. They’re beautiful.


Jessica’s face brightened when she saw Sooyoung’s text. She squealed like a total fangirl before sending her reply.

To: Baby
You’re more beautiful, baby. Glad you liked it!
J

Sooyoung enjoyed texting with Jessica the whole day.

From: Baby
Still at work?

To: My FRIEND Jessica
Nope. I'm going out with some friends.


Jessica got curious about who Sooyoung is gong out with on a Friday night.

To: Baby
With? Can I come?


As much as Sooyoung wanted to see Jessica, Hara plus Jessica will be a mess. So she had to turn her down.

From: Baby
Jessica, this is my workmate's birthday party. Maybe next time.


Jessica was disappointed with Sooyoung's reply.

To: Baby
You're with Hara?


Sooyoung decided to tease Jessica.

To: My FRIEND Jessica
Maybe. :)


Jessica threw a pillow on the wall when she read Sooyoung's text.

"What the hell?!"

She replied to Sooyoung.

To: Baby
If you're going out with Hara tonight, you owe me a date too.


Sooyoung got what she wanted.

To: My FRIEND Jessica
Why would I owe you a date? 


Jessica replied fast.

From: My FRIEND Jessica
Because you're mine, Choi Sooyoung. I'm just reminding you.


Sooyoung smiled at Jessica's text. She missed Jessica's jealousy after all.

*

That night involved a lot of alcohol. Sooyoung drank well and she's still sober at the end of the night. As for Hara, she's just like Jessica. She's not a drinker and she's drunk after a few drinks. Sooyoung had no choice to take her home. She carried Hara on her back up to Hara's apartment.

"Soo..." Hara called her.

"Mmm?" Sooyoung answered knowing that Hara is drunk and will just say some nonsense.

"Why are you so perfect?" 

Sooyoung chuckled. "Just when I thought you would speak some nonsense."

Hara continued, "Do you still like Jessica?"

Sooyoung was taken aback. She hesitated before answering but she knew that Hara is drunk and she probably won't remember anything the next morning. So she decided to confide with her drunk best friend. She laid Hara on her bed.

"I never stopped loving her." Sooyoung told Hara. Hara laughed. She kept laughing like a crazy woman until a tearl left her eyes. Sooyoung had not seen Hara this way.

"And now what happens to me?"

"Hara..."

"I was with you for the past six months. I helped you recover." She burst into tears. Sooyoung hugged her.

"Hara, please stop crying. I didn't mean to hurt you. You're my best friend."

"Bull! I'm in love with you. I don't wanna be the best friend who is the one who is let behind!"

Sooyoung continued hugging Hara until she fell asleep. She hurt another person again and Sooyoung kept thinking about it on the eay going home.

Am I bad to Hara?
Was I unfair?
Who should I love?

**

It was a Saturday morning. Sooyong just planned to sleep the whole day. But then, she received an early text from Jessica.

From: My FRIEND Jessica
Will pick you up by six. See you soon, baby. Love you.


"Why was she not like this when we were together?" Sooyoung mumbled while smiling. Sunny saw her.

"You're grinning like a fool, Sooyoung. 

"Mind your own business, Sunny. I have a date tonight." Sooyoung said while she made her way to eat her breakfast.

***

Later that night...

"Table for two." Jessica told the waiter.

"This way, ma'am." 

They entered an expensive restaurant. Sooyoung whispered to Jessica. "You didn't tell me we're going to this classy restaurant. I'm underdressed."

Jessica giggled and slipped her hand into Sooyoung's hand. "You're perfect."

Sooyoung suddenly remembered what Hyomin told her last night and she now felt guilty that she's with Jessica. Somehow, Jessica noticed Sooyoung being too quiet.

"What's the matter, baby? You don't like it here?" Jessica looked worried. This is thier first date after a long time and the first date she planned.

"It's not like that."

Jessica is still not convinced. "Is it me? Would you prefer it if you're with Hara?"

"Jessica..." 

"For God's sake Sooyoung, you call me Sica ot princess or baby. You seemed so cold when you call me Jessica."

"Fine, Sica. I'm glad you're here with me. Happy?"

Jessica nodded cutely. Sooyoung couldn't stop herself from pinching Jessica's cheeks. "I almost forgot you are this cute."

Jessica pouted. "Please don't forget details about me." Sooyoung laughed.

After their food arrived, Jessica tried feeding Sooyoung. "Eat."

Sooyoung just looked at Jessica. "Eat."

Sooyoung ate the food. Sooyoung fed Jessica as well.

"It's like I'm with a new Jessica now. You being this sweet is just new to me." Sooyoung chuckled.

Jessica had this cute pout again. "Are you saying I was not sweet to you back then?"

"Usually, I'm the sweet one." Sooyoung grinned.

"Well, you see I'm working hard to get this girl back. How am I doing so far?"

"Not bad." Sooyoung smiled at Jessica.

****

Jessica dropped Sooyoung off at Hyomin's apartment. "I had a great time, baby."

Sooyoung smiled. "Me too. Are you sure you don't want to sleep here? You don't have to drive back to the hotel alone."

Jessica smiled at the hint of concern from Sooyoung. "It's okay. See you soon." Jessica gave Sooyoung a peck on her cheeks. "Goodnight."

Sooyoung was still blushing as she waved Jessica goodbye.

 



 

 

 

Did you celebrate Sooyoung's birthday?

I ate a lot. Haha

I think this is the happiest update after SooSica broke up.

You happy?