Chapter 30

Say Yes

 

 

 

“You won’t learn how to cook, Jessica!” Tiffany is getting frustrated with Jessica. She has been here in the kitchen for an hour now, trying to teach Jessica how to cook but the other one doesn’t know the basics at all.

“You’re mean.” Jessica said.

“Sica, you don’t need to learn. You love eating out.”

“But Sooyoung loves eating your dishes.”

“Yeah. Sooyoung loves what I cook.” Tiffany put an emphasis on ‘I’ causing Jessica to glare at her. Before Jessica could react, Tiffany continued. “But she loves you, okay?”

Jessica is contemplating about it. “But I really want to do something for Sooyoungiee. She has been the best girlfriend ever since we got together.”

Tiffany thought about a solution for Jessica. “Just make her a sandwich. That’s much easier.”

Jessica’s face brightened. “That’s right. I’ll just make her a sandwich. A tuna sandwich, she’ll love that.”

Tiffany smiled, knowing that she doesn’t have to teach Jessica how to cook. But after a minute, Jessica called her again.

“What’s the problem now?”

“Fany…How do you make a tuna sandwich?” Jessica shyly asked.

“Jessica!!! If you’re not my cousin….”Tiffany instructed Jessica step by step. She tried to be as patient as she can be.

“And you just cover it with the other bread? That’s it?” Jessica asked cluelessly.

“Yes! It’s just a sandwich, for God’s sake.”

“Why are you shouting at me?”

“Because you’re irritating. I don’t know how Sooyoung can put up with you.”

Jessica stuck her tongue out to Tiffany. “Because she loves me. And I love her. And we love each other.”

“Whatever.” Tiffany said. She sat on the couch to rest and also to calm herself down from what Jessica made her go through.

Sooyoung entered the house with a bright smile.

“Good morning to my only best friend.” She said to Tiffany.

Tiffany didn’t look at her and just raised her hand to acknowledge Sooyoung.

“Having a bad day?” Sooyoung asked.

“Ask your girlfriend.”

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow. “Huh? What did she do? Where is she?”

“In the kitchen. Go there quickly before she burned it all down.”

 

*

Sooyoung went to the kitchen to find Jessica busy preparing sandwiches. This is the third sandwich Jessica made and she’s proud with herself for this accomplishment.

Sooyoung backhugged her and Jessica jumped in surprise. “Whatchu doing?”

“Sandwiches for you.” Jessica touched Sooyoung cheeks.

“That looks delicious.”

“Mmmm.” Jessica is really concentrating.

“But princess, why is Tiffany sulking on the couch?”

“Because she’s grumpy and a bad teacher. She said I won’t learn how to cook so just settle with sandwiches.”

Sooyoung giggled but tried to cut it before Jessica gets mad.

“She’s being mean to my princess?” Sooyoung decided to just go with Jessica’s story.

Jessica nodded while pouting her lips.

“For that, she gets no sandwiches.”

“I’m not planning to make her any. This is all for you.”

“Really? Wow, my girlfriend is the best.” Sooyoung tightened her hug around her. Then she lets go of Jessica and started heading out. “Oh, finish that up. We’ll go shopping.”

Jessica’s face glowed immediately after hearing the word ‘shopping’. “Yey! I’m done!” Jessica exclaimed.

 

**

 

Sunny and Hyomin just got their orders taken. They are  sitting in a restaurant and this is actually their first date.

“I’m not actually good with first date.” Hyomin said.

“Because you don’t go through the first date. You kiss a guy and you’re together.” Sunny said.

“Sunny-ah, I’m hurt. That was in high school. I was having fun.”

“Okay, sorry. I just hate the thought that whenever we see a high school classmate, half of the time, he was your ex.”

“If you noticed me in high school, I wouldn’t have to find some fun for myself.” They were just acting like kids. And this was normal to them, arguing about little things. Both like teasing each other so they always end up having an argument.

“Is that you, Sunny?” They both turned to see who spoke.

“Jiyeon?” Sunny recognized the girl to be her one if her closest friends in high school. Jiyeon is not really close to Jessica or Tiffany but she is to Sunny.

Sunny stood up to receive a proper hug from Jiyeon while Hyomin just watched them. Of course, Hyomin knew Jiyeon was. During high school, she’s the girl who always defended Sunny from her. She was teased by the whole school of being a lesbian because for she’s always protecting Sunny, even more than Jessica and Tiffany’s care for Sunny.

Jiyeon recognized her as well and her face has changed totally. “Sunny, you didn’t tell me you are friends with her now.”

Sunny looked at Hyomin who looks pissed right now. “We’re just having lunch together.” Hyomin was hurt that Sunny didn’t introduce her as her girlfriend. Rather, it seemed like she’s just an acquaintance.

“Can I sit here?” Jiyeon pointed at the empty seat beside Sunny. Sunny just nodded. Hyomin is shaking her head in disbelief.

“So, how are you? I missed you so much while I was gone.” Jiyeon is acting so cute that it irritates Hyomin more.

“I missed you too, Jiyeon-ah.” Sunny showed her sweet smile.

“Seeing all three of us together makes me reminisce about high school. We had a lot of precious memories, didn’t we, Sunny-yah?”

Sunny nodded while giggling.

“As for you…” Jiyeon looked at Hyomin. “I remember you perfectly too.”

Hyomin is about to say something harsh but Sunny spoke first. “But Hyomin has really changed a lot now.” Sunny tried to calmed Hyomin down.

“I doubt it. How can you easily forget all the evil things that she did to you, Sunny? You’re really a nice person…”

Hyomin stood up from her seat. “Excuse me, I have to go.” Hyomin walked away. She can still hear Sunny calling out her name but she ignored her. She’s just too pissed off right now.

 

***

 

“Guess who.” Taeyeon tried to change her voice while covering Tiffany’s eyes.

“Mmm…I don’t know.” Tiffany is just teasing Taeyeon. “Can you give me a clue?”

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s cheek.

“Is this my one and only Taetae?”

Taeyeon giggled, removing her hands from Tiffany’s eyes.

“Right answer.” Then, she sat beside Tiffany.

“What will you do if I said another girl’s name?” Tiffany said as she entertained her hands with Taeyeon’s.

“I would have kissed you until you finally guess who I really am.”

“Then, I should have purposely answered Sunny’s name.” Tiffany dramatically said.

This made Taeyeon laugh. “But since you got it right, I will kiss you until you make me stop.”

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany.

“Then, you’ll have to kiss me forever.” Tiffany leaned for another kiss.

 

****

 

Sooyoung is driving the car with Jessica on the passenger seat. Jessica is just staring at her.

“Sica, you know that if you’ll keep staring at me like that, we might get into an accident. I can’t focus.”

“Can’t I stare at my hot girlfriend?”

“You’re undressing me with your eyes.”

Jessica laughed. “What if I am? You said it yourself, you’re hot.”

Sooyoung blushed. Jessica laughed again. “I’m the only one who can make you blush like that.” Jessica smiled to herself.

“Yeah, you are. You’re pretty amazing, princess. And you make the best sandwiches in the world.” Sooyoung praised her girlfriend, earning a kiss on the cheek.

“I could just eat that sandwich my whole life and I would be happy.” Sooyoung continued, trying to get another kiss.

“That’s going overboard, baby.” Jessica looked at the road this time.

“I’m not kidding!”

“Fine!” Jessica leaned in for another kiss but Sooyoung is quick. She turned her head in time to get a kiss on the lips. Then, she focused back on the road, satisfied with the kiss.

 

*****

 

Sunny left the restaurant to look for Hyomin. She has been looking around for about thirty minutes now when she saw Hyomin being dragged by a guy. She ran towards them to protect Hyomin from the guy.

“What do you want to do with your life? Stay in this small town forever?!”

“Let go of me.” Hyomin struggled to get away from the man.

“Hey, let go of her!” Sunny is now in between them.

“Who is he?” The guy and Sunny asked at the same time.

“Oppa, she’s my girlfriend, Sunny. Sunny, he’s my brother, Siwon-oppa.” Hyomin has finally released herself from Siwon’s hold.

“You have a girlfriend?!”

The name sounded familiar to Sunny.

“Siwon, as in Tiffany’s…”

“Yes, he’s Tiffany ex-fiance’.”

 

 



 

 

 

I guess my last chapter was not boring..haha

What about this one?

Happy New Year! :))