Chapter 26

Say Yes

 

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t notice Tiffany following her. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and dialed Kangin’s number. Tiffany was just behind her.

“Oppa, I couldn’t do it anymore! This is not me! I can’t hurt people anymore.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany kept quiet and continued listening to the conversation. She can hear someone shouting at the other line.

“Then you do it!” Taeyeon is not backing out from this argument. “Jessica is a really good person.” Taeyeon is on the verge of crying. “I can’t see the point on revenging on someone for something that she didn’t even know happened.”

“Revenging?” Tiffany couldn’t take it anymore. Taeyeon turned around, shocked to see Tiffany behind her. She slowly put her phone down.

“So this is what it’s about. Revenge?!” Tiffany said at the top of her lungs.

“Tiffany, let me explain.”

“What are you revenging for?”

Taeyeon is hesitating if she’ll answer.

“Say it!”

“My brother and I are from the family who used to own the ranch. Jessica’s grandfather tricked my grandfather into selling him the ranch. He had no other choice at that time. But our only source of living is the ranch that’s why our grandfather lost all his wealth.”

Tiffany took time to sink it all in. “So what does Jessica have to do with this?”

“My brother wanted revenge. So we figure the best way to revenge is to hurt Jessica.”

“Are you hearing yourself, Taeyeon? I’ve only known you for a little time but I’m pretty sure you’re not this evil person you’re trying to be right now.”

At that point, Taeyeon shed her tears. Tiffany wanted to comfort her but she’s really mad at Taeyeon right now for trying to hurt her cousin and her second family. So she walked away, leaving the crying Taeyeon.

 

*

 

Sooyoung is behind Jessica, hugging her. Her chin rests on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica has finally stopped crying.

“You looked scary earlier.” Sooyoung told Jessica.

“Am I?” Jessica giggled. “I think I almost ate Taeyeon alive.”

Sooyoung laughed. “I’m the Shikshin here. Leave it all to me.”

Jessica giggled again.

“I love you.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica’s ear. It’s the first time Sooyoung used the ‘love’ word to Jessica. Jessica turned around to face Sooyoung upon hearing it. Her eyes are glowing, showing too much happiness. “I love you too, baby.” She leaned in and kissed Sooyoung.

Just then, they hear some giggling. Sunny and Hyomin came out holding each other’s hands. The two were equally shocked by them when they all saw each other. Sunny and Hyomin didn’t know the drama that just happened because they were inside the house the whole day.

“Uhm…uhm…” Sunny didn’t know what to say. It’s like getting caught by her sisters on a date.

A smile formed at Sooyoung and Jessica’s face at the same time. Sunny and Hyomin got too embarrassed that they let go of each other’s hands. Hyomin got hurt when Sunny pushed her away.

“Aww!” Hyomin said.

Sunny sent her an apologetic look. Jessica and Sooyoung just laughed at the other two. “You two are so cute.” Sooyoung said.

Sunny and Hyomin blushed.

“Maybe even cuter than us.” Jessica said. Sooyoung shot a glance at Jessica. “No one is cuter than us, baby.” Sooyoung kissed Jessica on her cheeks. Jessica smiled widely.

Sunny and Hyomin started walking away innocently but the cuddling couple saw them.

“Wait a minute!” Sooyoung said. “Do you think you could escape us?”

Sunny shook her head. “You two were in your world and we thought you wanted to be left alone.” She was talking in a childish manner. Hyomin smiled upon seeing Sunny so cute and innocent.

“So you’re together now?” Jessica bluntly asked.

“Sica! They should tell us by their own will.” Sooyoung said to Jessica.

“Well, they were being too shy. I still remember when Sunny was insisting that I like you and she was too impatient.” Jessica is talking to Sooyoung but the other couple can hear it too.

“But she’s being too shy because it’s her first relationship.”

“Sorry, baby.” Jessica kissed Sooyoung this time. She kissed Sooyoung’s cheeks but when their eyes met, they leaned for a kiss on the lips.

Sunny grabbed Hyomin’s hands and they left the two alone. Sooyoung and Jessica didn’t notice it because they were too busy on each other’s lips. When they broke the kiss, both forgot that they were actually talking to the new couple.

“I love your lips, Jessica Jung.” Sooyoung said. Jessica smiled. “But I love you more.” Sooyoung kissed her again. In between the kisses, Jessica managed to answer Sooyoung.

“I love you too, baby. So much.”

 

**

 

Tiffany went straight to Mr. Jung after her confrontation with Taeyeon. Mr. Jung immediately asked Sooyoung’s dad to research about the Taeyeon’s family. Tiffany shared some of the facts she know about Taeyeon’s family based from Taeyeon’s own stories. Even if she knows Taeyeon is planning something against them, somehow Tiffany trusts that Taeyeon has been her real self when they were chatting and having fun together.

They found out that the Taeyeon and Kangin moved to town a month ago. No one knew who they were except the old people that knew their grandparents. It turns out that they really are from the family that once owned the ranch. One day, they were all surprised to found out that the Jungs are owners of the ranch already. The Kims were so angry with the Jungs but they didn’t have a way to get the ranch back.

Mr. Jung wanted to talk to Kangin as soon as possible. He wanted to resolve the issue before anyone gets hurt. But when they arrived at their house, Kangin and Taeyeon already left. It seemed that they left in a hurry, leaving dishes on the sink and a few clothes are on the floor.

 

***

Tiffany went back to the ranch on her own.  She doesn’t know how to describe how she feels right now. She’s angry with Taeyeon for lying to her. But she feels bad about the thought that maybe she won’t see her again. She’s driving her car when suddenly a bicycle blocked her way 10 feet ahead. She pushed on the brake just in time to spare the life of the biker.

She got off the car to check on the biker. The biker is perfectly fine but Tiffany isn’t because the biker is Taeyeon.

“What are you doing? Trying to kill yourself?”

“I wanted to say sorry.”

“You think I will forgive you after giving me that shock again?”

“I’m sorry. But I was afraid you won’t stop to talk to me.”

“We went to your house. It was empty.”

“When I came home to tell Kangin what happened, he panicked and we had to leave.”

“Then what are you doing here?”

“Because of this.” Taeyeon stepped forward towards Tiffany and crashed her lips into Tiffany’s lips.

 

 



 

 

 

 

Merry Christmas!

Did you like my late christmas gift?

I wanted to make you happy today so the drama ends now. 

Did you watch the awesome SNSD Christmas Special?

I'm still spazzing about it.

It's super amazing!! :)))))