Chapter 35

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon walked away towards his car.

“Taecyeon!” Jessica called her. She looked at Sooyoung. Sooyoung nudged her to follow Taecyeoon.

Jessica followed Taecyeon. “Taec! Wait up!”

Taecyeon stopped moving when he reached his car. Jessica caught up.

“Taecyeon, I’m sorry that I lied.”

Taecyeon opened the car door. But Jessica pushed it closed again. “Hey, are we okay?”

Taecyeon looked at Jessica. “I came here for you and what did I find? A lesbian Jessica! That’s disgusting. You’re both disgusting.”

Jessica suddenly slapped Taecyeon. Taecyeon was shocked by the force of Jessica’s slap. Taecyeon aimed his hand at Jessica but didn’t continue it. He screamed in frustration. He entered his car and drove away.

Sooyoung slipped her hand around Jessica’s waist. She can hear a muffling sound from Jessica and she’s aware that her girlfriend is crying.

“It’s okay, baby. He’s not worth your tears.”

“I’m crying because I’m so angry and frustrated.”

“Then still, he’s not worth it. He’s not worth receiving any emotion from you.”

Jessica turned around and Hugged Sooyoung tightly.

 

*

 

Hyomin is talking on the phone with Siwon. “Yes, give me one more day.” Then she hung up the phone.

She started packing her things. While doing it, she also started thinking about how to tell Sunny about it. She didn’t know ‘soon’ is actually tomorrow. It’s even hard to tell Tiffany and everybody else about it because she has been attached to everyone in this short span of time.

Sunny knocked on her door then opened it after a few knocks. Sunny saw the suitcase and the pile of clothes on Hyomin’s bed. It took a while before she realized what’s happening. She forced a smile on her face. “You want me to help you?”

Hyomin tried to catch Sunny’s eyes but the other is not looking at her but on her suitcase. “No, thanks.”

“When?”

“Tomorrow.” Hyomin whispered.

“You planning to tell me soon?”

“I was! Right after I pack.”

Sunny nodded.

“What’s that for?”

“What?”

“The nod.”

“That meant ‘okay’.”

Hyomin wanted to catch Sunny’s gaze really bad since she can’t read the other one’s thoughts.

“Look at me. I wanna see you smile.”

Sunny finally looked at Hyomin, but her face is not showing a smile. Rather, her eyes are teary which hurt Hyomin. Hyomin walked towards Sunny and immediately wrapped her arms around her. Sunny hugged her back.

“I’ll miss you, Sunny bunny.”

Sunny burst into tears. “Don’t go.”

Hyomin’s tears flowed upon hearing Sunny’s cry but she tried hard to control herself, wanting to be the strong one for the two of them.

 

**

 

Jessica went to her dad’s room for the first time ever since she arrived here.

“Dad?”

Mr. Jung set aside his book when he saw his daughter. “Oh, baby. Come in.”

Jessica went to sit beside her dad’s bed.

“What brought you here?”

“Nothing, I just want to see you.” She slipped under the covers and cuddled to her dad.

Mr. Jung felt happy at Jessica’s sudden show of affection. Jessica looked around the room. “You didn’t change your room.”

Mr. Jung just nodded. “You’re mom called me earlier. She said you haven’t been answering her calls.”

“She messed up, dad.”

Mr. Jung laughed. “She did? What did she do this time?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“I was just kidding. I know what she did and I saw Taecyeon earlier.”

Jessica looked at her dad and smiled. “You’re such a gossip king.”

Mr. Jung laughed. “Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve never been called that one.”

They were silent for a while.

“I know your mom didn’t intend to hurt you.”

“Well, she just doesn’t want me to be with Sooyoung. That’s it. I thought she’s different from others but she cares what will other think first before my feelings.”

“That’s a big accusation. You must hear her explanation first.”

“Dad, why did mom leave?”

Mr. Jung smiled. It’s the first time his daughter has asked this question. “She wasn’t happy here. She wanted to be free and achieve her dreams. Your mother won’t ever be contented in this small town.”

“But you didn’t stop her?”

“I did. A lot of times. I even suggested a long distance relationship, but we both know that won’t work.”

“Why not?”

“I needed her here with me and she wanted to focus on something else. Not me, not our family.”

“Are you saying that my relationship with Sooyoung won’t work?”

“Oh, no. I’m not saying that. You are different from us. It depends on both of you.”

“I’m scared dad.” She snuggled closer to her dad.00

“Why don’t you stay, darling?”

“I don’t know. I guess I have the same reason as mom and that’s what making it scary. I don’t want our relationship to have the same fate as yours.”

 

***

 

“I heard Hyomin is leaving tomorrow.” Sooyoung went to sit on the couch beside Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“Yeah, we heard too. Both of them have been crying nonstop.” Tiffany said.

“Why can’t Sunny go to Seoul with her?” Sooyoung asked.

“She didn’t want to leave the ranch.”

Sooyoung sighed. “Everyone’s leaving, huh.”

Tiffany hugged Taeyeon. “But my Taeyeon is not going anywhere.”

Taeyeon smiled. “Of course not. I belong wherever you are.”

“Cheesy couple alert!” Sooyoung shouted.

Taeyeon stuck her tougue out. “You’re just jealous.”

“I guess I am. With Jessica leaving soon. Plus the drama with Taecyeon.”

“Now, I’m throwing back your question about Sunny earlier. “Why can’t you go to the States with her?”

Sooyoung laughed. “That’s too far compared to Seoul. You know me, I’m not the type who wants that urban living.”

“But can you survive about her? I’m more worried that you than for Jessica.”

“I have to. I promised her everything will be fine.”

“You know what we’re just here for you, right?”

Sooyoung nodded while smiling. “I know. Thanks, you two.”

 

****

 

Sunny and Hyomin fell asleep hugging each other. They didn’t let go of each other on the final hours that they’ll be together. Siwon arrived at the ranch the next morning.

Taeyeon gave him coffee and watched him carefully.

“What are you looking at?”

Taeyeon was surprised at the question. “I was just admiring you.”

Siwon laughed. “Don’t lie. I know your thinking bad things about me.”

“Well, actually I am, if that will make you happy.” Taeyeon smiled at him. Siwon is losing his patience on her.

Tiffany entered the room, ignoring Siwon’s presence completely. She went to give Taeyeon her morning kiss.

 “You’re right, he’s really full of himself.” Taeyeon lowered her voice but Siwon heard it clear.

“Told you. H thinks he’s so cool but he just looks like a fool wearing his suit.” Tiffany said it clear also.

Siwon looked at them. “I can hear both of you.” He looked pissed.

Tiffany giggled. Taeyeon gave out a peace sign.

Sooyoung helped Hyomin with her things while Jessica followed her. Sunny and Hyomin appeared a little while later, holding each other’s hands tightly.

“C’mon. Let’s go.” Siwon stood up.

Everyone glared at him.

“Give me a minute, oppa.” Hyomin said.

Sunny kissed Hyomin. They pulled each other closer, their lips not separating. Siwon coughed to interrupt them.

“I’m going to strangle him sooner.” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany.

Hyomin said goodbye to everyone, even to the Mr. Jung and the other workers.

Siwon brought his things to the car and he’s just waiting for Hyomin to get in.

Hyomin and Sunny are walking towards the car. Sunny’s tears fell from her eyes. Hyomin kissed her tears away.

“I love you, Sunny.”

“I love you too.” Sunny said. “I’ll call you everyday.”

Hyomin nodded. “I’ll look forward to it.”

Then they finally let go of each other, both of them crying.

“Goodbye for now, Sunny bunny.” Hyomin said before Siwon drove away.

 

 



 

 

 

Sorry for the late update.

I'll reply to comments later. I have to go someplace else first.

Not a happy update but I hope you liked it somehow.

Hi to new readers!

And to my amazing readers who have been commenting always ever since i started this fic, i <3 you! :))