Chapter 44

Say Yes

 

 

 

6 months later….

Tiffany opened the door of their apartment only to find smiling Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyomin. They are with another girl that she assumed is Sooyoung’s colleague that she heard a lot about. Before she could even greet them, Sooyoung wrapped her arms around her.

“Tiffany! I miss you so much!” Sooyoung is hugging her tightly while she waved to the others behind her.

“I miss you too, Sooyoung.” Tiffany said as she enjoyed Sooyoung’s hug.

Taeyeon appeared behind Tiffany. “How about me?”

Sooyoung released Tiffany from her hug while she started hugging Taeyeon. “Of course, I miss you too.” Sooyoung patted Taeyeon’s .

“Hey, that’s only for my angel.” Taeyeon pouted. Tiffany then hugged Sunny and Hyomin. She introduced herself to the other girl.

“Hi, I’m Tiffany.” She said with her sweetest eye smile. “And you are?” She extended her hand to the other girl.

“Hello, I’m Hara. Nice to meet you.” Hara said as she shook the other girl’s hand.

“I’ve heard so much about you while I was away.” Tiffany hugged Hara.

Hara smiled shyly. “I hope she’s saying something good about me.”

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung first before looking back at Hara. “She told me a lot of things about you. But I didn’t know pretty is an understatement.”

It is Hara’s turn to look at Sooyoung. Sooyoung gave her a wink and Hara blushed.

 

*

 

They all ate the dinner Tiffany cooked for them. It was the first time they would be seeing Tiffany and Taeyeon after they left for Australia six months ago. Sooyoung is obviously better now. She’s back to her old self, telling stories and laughing a lot. Sunny and Hyomin were very patient to her these past months. They helped Sooyoung get back to her feet. It took them months before they hear Sooyoung’s laughter again but it was all worth it because they missed the old Sooyoung so much. They also have to thank Hara for being Sooyoung’s new friend at work. There’s someone Sooyoung could talk to when Sunny and Hyomin is not around.

Tiffany and Taeyeon did not tell them that they’re coming back already. They stayed in Australia for six months with Taeyeon’s dad and his family. He accepted Tiffany in the family and promised Taeyeon that he would be a better father from then on. Since Tiffany still has to finish her studies in Korea, they went back just in time for the start of the semester. Taeyeon decided to continue her studies as well. She’s planning to take Literature as her major.

Tiffany called Sooyoung when they arrived at the airport. Tiffany and Taeyeon invited them to their new apartment to celebrate their homecoming and also as a housewarming party for the apartment that the couple now owns.

They were now eating dinner. “Living together is a big step for your relationship. I’m glad you decided on this already.” Sooyoung said.

“If I know it better, Tiffany just doesn’t want to live with us anymore.” Hyomin pretended to be sad but Tiffany just laughed at her.

“Drama queen, just eat!” Tiffany said.

Sunny giggled when Hyomin pouted her lips. “Just eat, baby.” Sunny fed Hyomin.

Before the dinner again, Taeyeon stood up. She pulled Tiffany beside her. Everyone just watched them with curiosity.  “Guys, we have something to tell you.”

Their eyes are all fixed on the couple. They’re just waiting for the next words. Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany and held Tiffany’s hands tighter. “We got married a month ago.”

Sooyoung dropped her spoon. The others just stared at the couple open mouthed.

“When?”

“How?”

“Wait, what?!”

Questions were thrown at them. When they ran out of questions to ask, Taeyeon answered every question she could remember.

“We went to the States for a vacation last month, of course with Tiffany’s dad. He suggested about the marriage thing. I proposed to Tiffany and we got married in LA.” Taeyeon showed her hand, which are still intertwined with Tiffany’s hand, to the others. Their hands both showed a ring.

“So it’s really true?” Sunny said.

“Congratulations!” Sooyoung stood up to hug the couple. The others followed her. They were all happy for the couple.

 

**

 

After Tiffany told them the other details of the wedding, they all settled in the living room. Tiffany stood up to wash the dishes. Sooyoung volunteered to help her.

“So…” Sooyoung started.

“So what?” Tiffany giggled as she cleaned the table.

“You tied the knot without your best friend.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Ohhh.. I’m sorry. It wanted it to be a surprise to you.” Tiffany backhugged Sooyoung.

Sooyoung smiled when Tiffany hugged her. “I thought I am your greatest love. Then, you go marrying someone else.” Sooyoung missed teasing Tiffany.

“Look who’s talking. Out of all the things you told me in the phone while I was away, you failed to tell me that Hara is that beautiful.”

Sooyoung chuckled. “You’re married, Kim Tiffany.”

Tiffany blushed when she heard her new last name. “Yah, don’t make this about me. I won’t steal my best friend’s girl.”

Sooyoung realized what she’s trying to imply. “Oh no, Fany! Don’t start an issue here. She’s just a friend.”

“Yeah, right.”

“She is!” Sooyoung insisted.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, at the living room…

Hyomin sat beside Hara. “Hey, you’ve been quiet ever since we got here.”

Hara giggled shyly. “I’m not sure if I should be here.”

Sunny sat at the other side of Hyomin. She put her arm around Hara. “You’re Sooyoungie’s friend that’s why we’re all friends.” She smiled and Hyomin smiled back.

“Thanks.”

Taeyeon finally asked the question she’s been wanting to ask Hara ever since dinner. “Are you dating our Sooyoung?”

Hara shook her head immediately. “No, we’re just friends.”

“But you like her?” Taeyeon attacked her again with another question.

Hara thought before answering. “No.”

Hyomin laughed. “You are so obvious. You like her.” Hyomin .

“You blush every time she smiled at you.” Sunny added.

Hyomin found no point in denying anymore. “Please don’t tell her. I don’t think she knows yet.”

Taeyeon grinned. “We promise not to tell her anything.”

Sunny turned Hara around so she would be facing her. “But don’t ever ever hurt her!” Sunny warned Hara. Hara suddenly felt scared of Sunny but then Sunny smiled sweetly at her.

“I’m not going to confess soon. Don’t worry.” Hara reassured them.

“Why not?! We like you for her.” Hyomin to Hara.

 

****

 

Back to the kitchen…

“I’m sure the girl likes you.”

“Only as a friend, Tiffany. Don’t give colors to our relationship.”

Tiffany giggled. “Fine, if you say so. By the way, Jessica called me several times when I was away. She kept asking me to check on you always.”

Sooyoung’s mood suddenly changed. “We haven’t talked since the break up, you know.”

“Still love her, don’t you?”

“I will always do…”

“Then you should call her! I’m sure she’ll want you back.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Not ready to be broken again.”

 

*****

 

Jessica is walking back and forth in the apartment.

“Jessica, what are you looking for?” Hyoyeon asked after watching Jessica run all over the place.

“Have you seen my bracelet?” Jessica did not stop from looking.

“You’re couple bracelet?”

“Yeah.”

“I think it’s on your study table.” Jessica immediately went to that spot.“ Going somewhere?” asked Hyoyeon.

“Home.” Jessica shouted from the room.

“You in good terms with your mom already?”

Jessica came out of the room. “Found it!” Then , she went on to answer Hyoyeon’s question. “No, I’m going back to Korea.”

“WHAT?!”

“WHY? I said I’m going home. Is there any other place I can call home?” Jessica smiled to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon still couldn’t believe it but she knows this is really what Jessica wants.

“I’m gonna miss you.” Jessica went to hug her friend.

“Me too. Go get your girl back.” Hyoyeon told Jessica.

Jessica smiled at the thought of seeing Sooyoung again. But her heart aches again when she remember that they’re not together anymore.

 



 

 

 

How you guys doin'? :)

Hi, to new readers.

Sorry if I don't update often but stay with me, okay?

I just want to say that I haven't gotten over Sooyoung's hair at "The Late Show with David Letterman" yet.

she's so awesome and fierce! I love her to death. my bias forever <3 <3!!