Chapter 6

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

The next day, the sky is clear again. Sunny is busy in the kitchen, preparing food for Sooyoung and Jessica. She’s expecting Jessica to be irritated once she comes back because she slept on someone else’s bed. Jessica has thing about only sleeping on her own bed.

One of the maids entered the kitchen. “Sunny, you’re phone is ringing nonstop.”

“Oh, really?”

“Go answer it and I’ll cook.”

“Thanks.” She ran to get her phone in the living room.

“Hello! It’s Sunny,” she greeted in an aegyoful tone.

“Yah, you still haven’t changed. So full of aegyo, I hate it.”

“Fany!” Sunny excitedly greeted her friend.

“I bet you’ve been thinking about me. That’s why it took you a while before answering the phone.”

“No, I was just busy cooking for Jessi.”

“Jessi is there?!”

“Yeah, I forgot to tell you that she’s here.”

“Can I talk to her? I can’t remember the last time I talked to her? I miss that princess.”

“She’s not here. She’s actually with Soo--“

Tiffany purposely cut her. “Oh, I almost forgot why I called. I heard there’s a typhoon there. I just called to check on you.”

“The ranch is fine. It’s typhoon’s gone. And I’m fine in case you’re wondering.”

“Oh…that’s good to know...” Tiffany is still hesitating to ask.

“She’s fine.” Sunny knows it’s the real reason she called.

“I miss you, Sunny.” Tiffany said softly.

“I’m sure she misses you too.” Sunny answered.

 

*

 

Flashback

Sooyoung woke up when she heard voices outside the house. She can hear Rosie’s daughters, Krystal and Sulli. She went outside after washing her face and brushing her teeth. She saw the two kids running around the garden. They were being chased by Tiffany.

“Krystal, run!”

Tiffany is screaming their names. “Krystal! Sulli!”

Sooyoung just smiled at the sight. Sulli and Krystal saw Sooyoung by the door and start running towards her.

“Yah! Yah, why did I do?” Sooyoung was surprised when they went on her back.

“Unnie, protect us from the moster.” Krystal said, still hiding behind Sooyoung.

“Monster? Where’s the monster?”

“I’m here!” Tiffany said, running towards her. Sooyoung stretched her arms shielding the two kids. Tiffany went toward her arms and hugged her. Sooyoung smiled and wrapped her arms around Tiffany.

“I’m not letting you go.” Sooyoung said with a smile.

“Great.” She hugged Sooyoung even tighter. “Morning, babe.”

Sulli and Krystal started running again, just playing around.

“The kids love you.” Sooyoung said as she pulled off from the hug, still holding Tiffany’s waist.

“I love them too.” Tiffany showed her eye-smile. Sooyoung pouted. “But I love you so much more.”

Sooyoung smiled. She kissed Tiffany on the lips. “I love you too, baby.”

End of flashback

 

 

**

 

Sooyoung almost spilled her coffee when she heard a scream. She’s pretty sure it came from Jessica. She rushed towards the room where Jessica slept. She’s about to ask Jessica what happened but she burst out laughing before she even had the chance.

“Look at this!” Jessica shouted, pointing to her face with black marks on it. It seems that the kids drew on her face. Jessica is still furious while Sooyoung can’t stop laughing. She’s already sitting on the floor, holding her stomach and laughing so loud.

“This isn’t funny, Choi Sooyoung!” Jessica lets out a dolphin scream.

“I didn’t do it,” finally managing to speak. She’s still giggling to herself.

“Then who?!” Jessica shouted again.

Then Sulli and Krystal appeared behind Sooyoung. They looked at Jessica and tried to hide their laughs.

“Did you do this?” Sooyoung asked calmly.

Sulli then elbowed Krystal. Krystal nodded.

“You --!“Jessica launched towards them. The kids ran away, screaming their lungs out. Sooyoung grabbed Jessica by the wrist before Jessica could go out the door.

“Let go of me,” struggling from Sooyoung’s grip. “I’m going to punish those evil kids!” But Sooyoung didn’t let go of her.

“They’re just kids having fun, Jessica. C’mon let’s clean your face.” Jessica didn’t fight Sooyoung off when she lead her to the bathroom. She lets Sooyoung clean her face.

She lets her clean the markings on her face. They’re faces are so close to each other. Sooyoung is so focused on cleaning her face while Jessica tries her hardest not to stare but only failing. She can’t help but admire the face in front of her. Sooyoung caught her staring then  she immediately looked away.

“I’m okay now. You can go.”

Sooyoung kept quiet but she did not leave. “Look, I feel guilty for what the kids did to you. They’re really nice kids if you get to know them. Is there anything you want to do right now? C’mon, we’ll do it.”

“I want to go home.”

“Not that. Something exciting.”

 

***

 

 

30 minutes later…

“This is what you call exciting?” They are both holding a paintbrush.

“Why? This is not the the city, Sica. Fun doesn’t mean getting drunk and wasted.”

“Don’t call me, Sica.”

“Why, Sica? Why can’t I call you, Sica? Is there any problem with that name, Sica?”

“Aish! Stress!”

Sooyoung chuckled at seeing her cuteness. “You’re so cute, you know that?”

Jessica looked away so Sooyoung won’t see her blush. “Are you blushing?”

“No, I’m not.”

“You are. You’re blushing,” Sooyoung continued to . Then she dipped her forefinger to the red paint and wipe it on Sica’s face. Sica let out a dolphin scream again.

She wanted revenge that’s why she also dipped her hands on the red paint then she went near Sooyoung. Sooyoung ran away. Jessica chased her. They were running around the whole area. Jessica forgot her anger and is only playing around now. Sooyoung got tired and Jessica finally caught her. She wiped paint on Sooyoung’s face as well. They were both tired from running and they settled on the grass.

“See? Isn’t that exciting?”

Jessica finally realized it. “You planned that, didn’t you?” She continues punching Sooyoung’s arm lightly.

Sooyoung chuckled. “I miss playing around like that.” There is sudden sadness on her voice. Jessica noticed it.

“You did that with Tiffany, right?”

Sooyoung smiled. “Uh-huh. She used to play with kids too.”

“I know I’ve said a lot of hurtful things to you. But after I’ve spent time with you, maybe you’re too good for my cousin. We’re related. We’re both twisted and complicated.”

“No, you’re not. You are the complete opposite of your cousin.” Sooyoung said. She fixed Jessica’s hair and smiled at her. Then she stood up and offered her hand to help Jessica up.  “C’mon. We better clean ourselves now. We stink.”

 

 



 

 

 

Miss me? 

More subscribers but less comments. Waeyo?

Silent readers, please say hi to me. Puh-lease.(That's my aegyo right there) :))