Settling

Stupidly Perfect, Perfectly Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Kyungsoo is not in a good mood today of all days. It’s his birthday but he’s royally pissed. The recital rehearsals have always been sticking up his for the past weeks and he can’t even have proper lunch with his new friends (that’s a loose definition of his relationship with Kris, Chanyeol, Luhan and Sehun). What’s worse is that he’s not seen Jongin all week. He’s getting crankier as the day passes that even Chanyeol had to give him space in case he explodes. Lucky Chanyeol for being able to go meet his boyfriend in his mansion or his boyfriend will come meet him after practice.

                Kris has been allowed to rest from the practices of the basketball club so he’s got free time in his hands. Luhan and Sehun are in the same club so they practically see each other almost all day. On the other hand, Kyungsoo and Jongin belong to different clubs which are both busy for the recital in two days which will be Jongin’s birthday. Truth be told, Kyungsoo has been planning for a joint celebration for him and his boyfriend tomorrow but since their schedules are crappy, it might not be possible and that’s what makes his mood grim.

                “Are you okay, Soo?” Kyungsoo almost jumped in surprise. He hasn’t heard that voice for a while since their uneventful vacation in Kris’s house in Jeju. “I’m sorry if I scared you. You just look… distracted,” Baekhyun rested his hand on the other’s shoulder. “By the way, happy birthday!” he was pulled into a Baekhyun hug. As much as his mood kept on dragging him down, his childhood friend was able to lift it even just for a bit.

                “Thanks, Baek. I didn’t think you’ll still remember.”

                “What do you think of me, Do Kyungsoo? I’m hurt,” Baekhyun pouted and he can’t help but cackle.

                “Alright, you win. Don’t worry about me,” Kyungsoo cast his eye son the music sheet as realization hit him. In the past week that he hasn’t seen Jongin, he hasn’t actually heard from him, too. No annoying texts and early morning calls. He can’t be that busy, right? If he’s that tired then he won’t be able to come regulartly at school, right? But how can he be sure when Jongin seemed to have forgotten how to use his stupid phone? You’ll be really dead once you show up your sorry to me, Kim Jongin. One thing that makes his mood bad is his nagging worry over his baby. Has he eaten? Is he getting enough rest? Are his assignments being done on time?

                “Soo? We’re about to start,” Baekhyun nudged him lightly with his elbow. From across the room, he saw his bestfriend look at him with worry. He’s just not sure if it’s because he might be looking sad or if it’s because he’s talking to Baekhyun. As much as Kyungsoo knows, there hasn’t really be a final talk between them after the ‘incident’ during the Christmas break. He knows it’s none of his business but Chanyeol is his bestfriend and Baekhyun is an important friend to him. He doesn’t want this ti end with him choosing one over the other.

 

               “Jongin, I think you’ll be facing Kyungsoo’s wrath if you don’t text him sooner,” Luhan took a sip on his orange juice as he read a text message from Chanyeol. He’s a little bit worried about his cousin’s welfare if it turns out that he’s upset Kyungsoo more than he wished for.

                “But I want him to feel the full impact of my surprise later,” Jongin chomped on his burger. The dance club is excused for the whole day on the next two days that’s why they’re having their break ahead of the usual hours so they can get on with their practice.

                “Don’t come running home crying, okay? I’ll kick your out.”

                “I think you should start worrying for yourself, hyung. How long has it been since you two talked?” Jongin pointed to Sehun who is eating alone on the other side of the cafeteria.

                “I’ll only talk to him once he gets his together,” Luhan sneered. The last time that he had a talk with his boyfriend didn’t go well. Let’s just say that he ended up using his key to Kris’ place to cry his heart out to his bestfriend and his boyfriend.

                “What did you two fought over?” Jongin downed his last burger bite.

                “He’s jealous of Kris,” Luhan crossed his arms on his chest and he grimaced when his cousin almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter