Setbacks

Stupidly Perfect, Perfectly Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Monday came as well as the basketball tournament’s first game for the elimination rounds. Kris hadn’t had the time to check his rankings because the basketball team has been excused for the whole day and they are to finalize their gameplay for the game later that day. He had been checking his phone from time to time when they were given water breaks. Luhan has texted him saying that his worry was nonsense because he’s still at the top spot. He has breathed easier after knowing about that.

                Jongin has also sent a good luck message and that he will be cheering with his baby Soo later during the game. There were many other good luck messages that came in, most from unregistered numbers, but he was waiting for a certain somebody’s message. He hasn’t been given a chance to see him today and Kris is missing him so bad. All those little glimpses that happened during the past week didn’t satisfy his craving for the company of the other. It just made him long for him more.

                “Kris! Come on now! One last round and I’ll let you rest until the game later!” their coach boomed and he had no choice but to feel a little bit more sad because his expectations were stumped again. He dragged himself back to the practice and tried to compose himself. He’s the team captain and he should be the one who his teammates should rely to. They can’t slack even if this is just the first game. One wrong decision could mess the whole season and he can’t afford that in his last season.

                One thing that Kris could take pride in is his basketball career. He has invested time and physical effort to learn the proper skills needed and master them all throughout the years. He won’t be able to get his achievements by far with his name alone. Basketball is his passion and if he wouldn’t be managing their business, he could go and play professional in the next years. But being the only heir to Wu Technologies, he’ll probably enjoy basketball in his own basketball court at the back of their house.

                “Good job team! Now, we just have to take our hearts for the game later and we will continue to the finals and be crowned as champions, just like the last year,” their coach dismissed them but he called Kris to stay behind a bit. “Kris, I’m counting on you in this tournament. We both know how we want this championship with us this year.”

                “I understand, sir,” Kris felt honored at the trust that his coach is putting on him and he’s determined to play his role to get them the prize that they’re looking forward. He quickly changed to his school uniform and slung his bag over his shoulders when he heard two voices that are arguing. At first, he decided to just ignore them and go about his own business and catch Luhan for lunch when he heard his name. He took a step closer and he recognized the voices. One is Baekhyun who is sounding unhappy and Tao who seems to be irritated.

                “You are leaving?”

                “I think that’s the best thing to do,” Baekhyun replied. Kris shook his head, cynical. Why would Baekhyun leave when he has just transferred around a month ago? “I have nothing to get back to here,” Kris cursed in his head. Something tells him that his friend’s impending departure is because of him.

                “Why? Because he told you that the giant idiot is his boyfriend? Believe me, Baek. We’ve heard it all before and we knew that it was just for a show. Maybe he and Luhan had a bet to get to those cousins who are both weirdos. I can’t believe I’m going to lose a wort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter