Anew

Stupidly Perfect, Perfectly Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It’s just a few days before Christmas but surprisingly, Luhan’s mood has been grim for days already. Luhan being grim is already weird enough because he’s got the energy of a five year old and he’s a giant ball of glowing sunshine but for him to keep it up for days, this is so not like Luhan at all. Not one post on his SNS account, even though he usually updates them at least once a day. And he hasn’t bothered Sehun at all.

                “What’s eating you, Sehun-ah?” Chanyeol peeked from the sofa as the older is watching the morning Christmas cartoons. Sehun stopped his pacing at the hallway connecting their living room and dining area.

                “Nothing, hyung.” Just a certain blonde who hasn’t been pestering me and I miss him bad.

                “You know that there’s no use in lying to me, don’t you?” Chanyeol faced his wary-looking cousin with a worried expression. His cousin sure looks better than Sehun would’ve thought he would be.

                “Are you not sad, hyung?” Sehun can’t help but ask. Why is he the only one being like this when the older should be the one who’s feeling like this since his boyfriend is overseas for who knows how long? Chanyeol’s ears twitched a little and he sighed in defeat as he shrugged. “So you’re okay just like that?”

                “Can’t do anything about that, Sehun,” he turned back to watching his cartoons. He usually enjoys these shows during holidays but now, this just serves as a distraction for Chanyeol. And because Sehun has to remind him, he involuntarily picked his phone up to check. He unlocked the screen and there’s another pinch on his heart. His homescreen greeted him with a picture of him and Kris wearing dorky smiles. It looks silly but Chanyeol wouldn’t have it any other way. Kris’ eyes shone in that picture. He sighed again.

                “I guess I’ll just go out for a bit. Go check Fantasia and maybe shop a little,” Sehun picked up his coat and he didn’t see his cousin roll his eyes. Check Fantasia. Sure Sehun-ah. You might as well rename your club to Luhan. But Chanyeol didn’t say anything but raised his hand in the air and gave the younger a thumbs up. As soon as he heard the door closed, he switched the tv off and slumped on the sofa. His head now wouldn’t stop going back to their vacation in Jeju last week.

 

                “Good morning, dear. How are things?” Chanyeol’s eyes opened wide as he recognized the voice on his phone.

                “M-mom?”

                “Oh, did I wake you up, honey? I’m so sorry…”

                “Don’t worry about that, mom. What’s up?” Chanyeol wasn’t awakened by the call. It is a little early for a call but he hasn’t slept one bit since last night so he’s awake, alright. All he did was toss and turn on the bed that it came to the point where Kyungsoo shot up and slid down the bed and laid on the sofa. He felt bad but Chanyeol can’t help it.

                “Are you sure? This can wait, honey. I can call you back later.”

                “That’s fine, mom. Go ahead,” he sat up and leaned back on the headboard.

                “I just want to tell you that we’re surprising Yi Fan for Christmas,” he flinched. Kris’ mom sounded excited but Chanyeol can’t share it with her. “Since we can’t be there on Christmas, we want him to to join us here in Canada. We want you here, too, hon,” Chanyeol grimaced. He doesn’t think he can go anywhere with Kris right now, especially after what happened.

                “Uhmmm, mom?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter