Be My Jeon

My Gangster Love

I nodded but of course, he can't see me. "I'm outside." he added then dropped the call. At first, I was beyond shock but then I quickly stood up brushed my teeth and find something decent to wear. I reached for my bag on top of our table and my coat. I sighed as I saw taehyung eating in our living room. he looked at me confused yet he still continued eating. "Are you going somewhere?" I nodded. I wear my shoes in an instant. "Close and lock the door after you eat. I'll clean up that later." He gaped at me, but I just waved him goodbye as I closed the door.

Meters away from me is a very breathtaking Jungkook. Wearing only black v neck tshirt, blue faded jeans and a walker. He stood up straight when he saw me. I noticed a boquet on his hand and he quickly passed it to me when I reached him. He opened the passenger seat door and jog unto the driver's seat. "Where do you wanna go?" he ask in his casual tone. I gulped then looked at the roses then back to him. he pouted. "I'm gone for a year, baby. I feel like you don't miss me." Now his tone is a bit irritated and sad. I laughed to hide my happiness, but I failed to. A tear fell from my eye. I'm that happy. Yes, I'm that high when I'm with Jungkook. He looked at me once and then smiled. I can't help but to cry. I gasped for air as I wipe my cheeks. "Hey, baby..." He said as he held my hand. "Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?" I shook my head. No Jungkook, you feel really right for me. "I love you." I nodded as he handed me his handkerchief. "Please stop crying. I'm gonna make up for everything, okay?" I bit my lips and finally got the courage to talk. "I- I thought you're with someone else?" My voice broke at my thoughs he quickly shook his head. He parked it in Han River. He got out of the car and I did too.

The wind blew my hair and his, he looked at me then smiled a bit. We're both facing the river, it was calm and peaceful. I guled. My heart bets extra fast for no apparent reason. He rested his back on the beam of his car, I did the same. "It was a year Jiri. I was dying for a year." He fake a cough as his voice broke. "I was so sure I was broken beyond unimaginable pain. You know how much I love seeing and hearing you right? Hell, an hour without you feels like decades for me. For the first months I... I couldn't even eat properly. I don't talk if it's not about business and I can't even smile. , I don't even want to breathe because I don't want another second without you! Every seconds feels like I was about to lose you forever. I wanna go back... I wanna come home to you, baby." I nodded as tears fell from face. This is not a dream, Jungkook is telling me this and he is sure answering all of my questions I have in my mind. He gasped for air as a tear fell from his. "But I told myself that... that you're not ready for me, you're not ready for my love, you're never going to be big enough to accept this tremendous feelings I have for you." He nodded as if convincing his self. "In that year I have arranged the problem with Melissa, and then she arrived Jiri... I am too broken for you but she is too persistent..." Now my heart sunk. She? She? That girl? he laughed but it's not even funny.

"She's sick... She has this heart attack which will make her last for only 2 months from now, she and her family begged me to just be with her right now, to fulfill her dreams of being with me, she likes me for years and everytime I look at her all I can remember is you. Your smile, your voice, your laugh and how much I love you. I toldy myself she's a great distraction, she did great. She talks a lot, but I can't feel anything for her beside pity." He sobbed as I was stunned. She was sick. That's why Jungkook is being this kind to her? "And you know me baby, I'm not the type of your kind prince charming, I will never compensate for anyone, I lack compassion in other people, I don't care about anyone except you. But then I remember you want me to grow. You want me to have the world, you want me to learn things. I said fine, I'll help her. She wanted dates, I hang out with her, eat with her, buy her things... But I can't even last an hour with her that I won't think about you, hell baby, not even a minute." I nodded and gasped for air. "Then when I came back... I was so sure that our arrangement is done, i was about to tell you that I have matured and I can face our trials more decisive, but then again her father approached me crying, in bended knees... she got two more weeks, baby... two more weeks." Now I looked at him, he was looking at the river. I dropped my jaw. Jungkook is having a really hard time and all I can think is myself? My hurt? My pride? I'm crazy for not thinking about his sufferings all this time! "And now baby I'm scared. No, I'm terrified. I am sure I can wait for another week, that's all I can giverher, a week of me because she'll soon be gone but hell You're dating someone and I don't know how long it will take until you'll forget about me. I was about to tell you this after all is done but I can't wait! I don't want to risk! I don't want that to happen. I don't want to risk it. I love you so much, you're my world, you're the thing I want to have forever, I don't want you with anyone besides me." He looked at me now, his eyes wet with his tears. "I love you more than anyone and anything in this world Park Jiri. Will you marry me? Be my Jeon." I nodded, this time I won't let his hand go. This time we will face the problems together. This time I won't be stupid. This time I will choose happiness. This time, I will be with Jungkook. "Yes baby, I'll marry you." He nodded, hugged me really tight and kissed my forhead.