I hate you

My Gangster Love

The fight went good and I won a million won for beating three girls last night. I kept the half and gave Mom the half. She knows I do fight a lot but she doesn’t know I would literally fight for money. “Jiri, come and eat.” She said and I sat in front of her in our little table. “Would you like to continue your study this year?” She asked and I coughed at her questions. “We didn’t even make enough money to pay all our debts Mom. Stop it. I’ll continue High School when I earned enough.” I said and ate again. She smiled, teary-eyed. I quickly wiped it by my thumb and told her I’ll be going somewhere. She wished me luck and gave me two thousand won.

“Sky…” I called through the headquarters but it is so quiet. I remembered it was Thursday. They all have class so I decided to clean the place and wash the curtains we used. At lunch, everyone arrived and they all wanted a drink. They are boys so I let them have their good time. “Hey, Scar. Haven’t been tying your hair, I see.” I looked over Dread and raised my brows. “Uh-huh?” I asked, pre-occupied on what I am watching. “You prince is really rich, huh?” I nodded. “They gave me 500 dollars for returning their Young Master. You can have the 200, if you want.” I quickly shook my head. Dread’s family needs it as much as I do. “Where’s sky and Pain?” I asked chomping some chips brought by other members. “School. We forgot they study in SOPA too.” I bit my lips after remembering about Jung kook. “Text Sky or Pain, I need a vehicle.” I said and stood up. Dread nodded and after sometime Pain and Sky was panting in front of me. “What’s with the emergency?” Pain asked as he slumped his back on the couch and drink water. While Sky, as angelic as ever brushed his hair with his hands and looked at me intently. “Well, I’m just gonna borrow your Autos. Did you brought Aztec, Sky?” Sky shook his head. “Did you save Fling for me, Pain?” Pain looked at me and nodded. He throws the key to me and I beamed at him. “You can always ask me for a motor cycle. I’ll give you one on your birthday.” I shook my head and they laugh. They know how much I hate being given by them. “You’re like a sister to us and you are a great friend. I believe you deserve one!” I rolled my eyes and told them I’m going.

“Jung kook!” I shouted when I saw him walking with Stephan. I rested my back on Fling’s passenger door and smiled at him. He walked towards me while saying something to Stephan. “What is it?” He said coolly. I motioned for him to go inside Fling but he just raised his brows. “This is not mine but I borrowed it. It was Pain’s car, you knew him as Min Yoongi. Come on, ride.” I said and opened the shot gun seat. He stared at me. “Stephan got my transportation covered.” He was about to turn his back when I pushed him to get inside the car and locked the doors. He just looked at me intently and I winked at him. When I got in, he dialed a number through his phone and I believed it was Stephan. “Tail us. She was this persistent.” Then he ended the line. I got my phone from my pocket and motioned it to him. “What?” He asked confused. “Save your number.” I answered and he sighed. “Give me 5 reasons why would I.” He answered. I bit my lips and smiled. “1. I like you. 2. You’ll like me. 3. We’re sort of friends. 4. You’ll date me soon. And 5. I’ll be your girlfriend. So go on, save it.” I answered but he just stared at me like I was an alien. I shook my hand and forced my phone in his hands. “You are unbelievable. This was an old unit. Why wouldn’t you change it?” He said but nevertheless saved his number. “I don’t even have money to buy new clothes. Are you kidding me? But don’t worry, since I am now courting you. I’ll try to earn money as big as I could. Hay, rich man like you have high standards!” I shook my head. “Guys should do the courting.” He answered and looked through the side mirror. I saw their Maybach tailing us. “And we’re not even dating so why would you be my girlfriend? And please, I don’t like you.” I stopped on the gutter and faced him. “Any why is that?” He sat comfortably and answered my questions. “I like intelligent woman. I like my girl studying. I like her clean always and I like her smelling like fruits. I like her having the elegance that Mom has. I want her classy.” He said. “You’re not that. You are… a drop out. You don’t do study, you just think of gang fights and underground events. You smell like my Dad and most of all, you act like a man.” I gasped for air as I felt my eye formed tears. “I don’t like girls like you. You use people and throw them when you are done and you got what you need. You don’t help your family because you always feel neglected. I don’t like you. I hate you. The way you walk, you smirk, you talk, you arrange you hair, just everything about you.” He looked at me emotionless; he’s really arrogant and cruel. Why do I even like him? I tried to smile but I just can’t.

“First, I really do want to study. It’s just that Mom can’t send me to school and we have a lot of debts piled up. I smell like a man, because well I use Pain’s and Sky’s things on the headquarters. They always give me their old clothes and cologne since they are rich. I do gang fights and underground events to earn money. But sometimes, I help my mom selling tomatoes and onions.” I said and tried not to cry. “You can go home with Stephan from here. I can’t drive for an hour or so.” He just shook his head and handed me his handkerchief. I snatched it from his hands and wiped an escaped tear. He watched me staring at the city lights and the sun setting down for an hour or so. I was about to continue driving when Stephan approached the car. He said something in other language so Jung kook stared at me and nodded slowly. “I’ll go now.” He said and got out of the car. I smiled at him. “Thank you and sorry for ruining the day.” He just nodded and smiled a bit which is enough for me to let my cheeks turn bright red. I started the engine but he said something. “Drive when I texted you.” Okay. If that what he wants.