Chapter 9

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, in the early hours of morning, Shin Hye got up from her sleep to get ready for the long flight. She left a note for Yoochun to inform him that she would be away for her assignment. As scheduled, the assigned agency's driver picked Shin Hye up from her place before going towards Min Ho's apartment. That morning, Shin Hye head out and waited for the car at her apartment complex.

As soon as the car arrives, she got on to beat the early morning chills. She put on her headphone and shut her eyes. Since she did not have to ride her motorcycle today she come prepared to break away from the awkward atmosphere about having to accompany Min Ho on her own; or so she thought.

When they reached Min Ho's apartment, she uses the company's phone that Manager Yoo had passed to her to be used for official matters. She dialled Min Ho's work number to inform him that the car is already waiting for him downstairs and that he should make his way down. Min Ho who was feeling mischievious for all the teasing Shin Hye gave him, he decided not to let her have the easy way out.

"Hello? Kim Tan-sshi? The car is already here." 

"Eh? Eun Sang-sshi?"

"Yup."

"Can you please come up?"

"Huh? Wae?"

"Because that's what Manager Yoo always do. He will come up to the apartment to help me with my stuff." Min Ho lied.

"Are you for real? Can't you handle that on your own?"

"Quick. You are delaying. There's a schedule to keep up right?" Min Ho reminded her that her resistance will have a domino effect.

Shin Hye was reluctant but get out of the car anyway. She walked towards the lift lobby and Min Ho could see from the window of his apartment through the space between the blinds that he had, smiling to himself.

As she got to the lift lobby, "Fine, which level?"

"18th floor."

"Arasso."

She hung up the phone, and got on the lift to go all the way up to the 18th floor as he had mentioned. Since there were only two apartments on that level, it was easy to figure out which one was his. The one with the corridor that had nothing placed in front. To Shin Hye, the other apartment felt too much like a home while the one that she assumed to be his is well just another apartment like that of her own and her brother's. She pressed the doorbell and true enough to her guess, it was Min Ho's apartment.

*ding dong*

Min Ho opened the door.

"How did you figure it out? I only informed you of the floor."

"I have my ways."

Min Ho then passed Shin Hye his luggage before locking the door to his apartment. Shin Hye wheeled his luggage towards the lift lobby and Min Ho who held onto his personal bag were waiting for the lift to arrive.

As they get on the lift, Min Ho was observing her attire. Shin Hye who was still half awake and could not be bothered with anything else but to just get on the plane as soon as possible. 

When they stepped out of the lobby and was walking towards the car, he could feel the chill himself. Shin Hye quickly walked towards the car to open the trunk of the car and placed his luggage in it. Before the driver could help her, she managed to get it in on her own. She got in the car followed by Min Ho and the driver drove off. 

While in the car, just before Shin Hye put her headphones back on, Min Ho spoke.

"Eun Sang-sshi."

"Yes?"

"Don't you have thicker clothes to wear in this cold weather?"

"Am I listening to something crazy at this moment?"

"Huh?! No. I'm just concern."

"Hah! Concern? The guy who actually made me get his own luggage into the trunk of the car on my own asking me because he was concern?" said Shin Hye as she places her headphones on indicating that the conversation was over.

That counter statement causes Min Ho to kept quiet. He wanted to get back at her for the teasing she did but instead his act did not put into account that she was a lady afterall. The journey to Incheon Airport was a silent one. The sun was beginning to rise as soon as they reached the Airport. Though the fans were not informed of his flight departure today, the usual tabloid p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter