Chapter 11

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally it was the last day of shooting. Min Ho who was getting the hang of it managed to finish the shooting quickly. To spend the last night in LA, Min Ho decided to do something crazy. With his limited English, he approached the automobile company representative while Shin Hye was away to the ladies to allow him to take the car for a drive since it was his last day in LA. And as the Asian brand ambassador, it would only be good for him to experience the drive himself. And Min Ho was given the go ahead by the company's representative. 

Shin Hye who just got out of the ladies saw that the crew and staffs were already packing the shooting equipment and cameras, and were beginning to make a move, yet Min Ho was still in the car. She went to the car to call Min Ho out,

"Ya Kim Tan-sshi, what are you doing still in the car? Everybody else is leaving."

"Get in." Min Ho said to Shin Hye smiling.

"Are you out of your mind Kim Tan-sshi? We need to return the car." Shin Hye trying to get Min Ho to step out of the car.

"Nope. I've got permission from the company's rep."

"Huh?! What?! But how?" Shin Hye asked still feeling clueless.

"I can get by ya know." Min Ho explained.

"I honestly don't believe that you got permission to drive this." 

"Go ahead and asked him then.." Min Ho urged Shin Hye to ask the company's rep.

Shin Hye who could not believe what Min Ho had just said and she approached the company's representative.

"Hi, Mr. Smith, did you gave the permission to Mr. Kim Tan to drive that car? (Spoken in English)"

"Yes I did. Since he is the brand ambassador afterall it would be good for him to drive it on his own to experience it for himself how great our car is. It will be marketing and advertising by word of mouth on top of the completed commercial he just shot just now."

"Are you sure about this, Mr. Smith?" Shin Hye who was still hesitant about the company's rep words.

"Yup. Indeed I am sure." He replied Shin Hye with a smile.

Mr. Smith who noticed Shin Hye's worried face assured her. 

"Don't worry Ms. Eun Sang. It's alright. It's all covered."

Just then, Min Ho who was seated in the car, wind down the car's window and interrupted their conversation.

"Ppalli Eun Sang-sshi.."

Min Ho knew Shin Hye could not drive a car, so he wanted to use this chance as a revenge for what she did with him on her motorcycle and also the sleepless night he had to suffer because of her indifference. Though there were moments when he was confused about his feelings, this time around, the mischief overpowered the other emotion he was feeling.

"He's calling for you Ms. Eun Sang. It's nice to be working with the both of you. Looking forward to working with you again." Mr. Smith said as he offered his hand for a handshake.

"Thank you Mr. Smith."

Shin Hye thanked the company's rep and walked towards the car. She opened the car's door and got in.

"Kim Tan-sshi... Are you really serious about this?"

"Yup.. He did give his permission right?"

"Yes he did... But I've got a bad feeling about this."

"Don't worry. I'm a good driver. Plus you are my bodyguard and my manager. You need to be by my side right?" Min Ho said pushing her further.

Shin Hye was feeling weird out but she could not refute what he had just said. In any case, she needs to be by his side. Shin Hye then buckled herself to the seat beside Min Ho with the available seat belt.

Min Ho first drove off at a steady speed before he began to accelerate.

Shin Hye who noticed that he was accelerating, 

"Ya~ Kim Tan-sshi.. Aren't you like driving a little too fast?" Shin Hye reminded Min Ho.

"Nope. I don't think so." Min Ho replied her in a monotonous tone while trying to hide his glee.

He continued to speed and was feeling confident of his driving skills. He had already driven quite a distance away from the shooting location by then. The long roads of California made the drive easier for him. He could speed and there was no traffic. Shin Hye looks calm but she was still feeling nervous inside.

Is this his way of revenge? Not having the control certainly makes a difference in the way I'm feeling. - Shin Hye's thoughts as this time around, she did not have the say in how fast or slow the car should be travelling at, and her ego is too big to be confessing to Min Ho that his driving is scaring her off.

Min Ho who was happy that he was now having the control over her could not help but feeling gleeful. On and off he would check for Shin Hye's reaction to see if his drive was affecting her like she did with him on that bike ride. Shin Hye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter