Chapter 12

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile back in Korea, the boys; Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin decided to meet up with In Sung as planned after Yoochun gave him a call. They had gathered at Changmin's house for the night. Before In Sung came, the boys were touring Changmin's apartment. They have not been coming to Changmin's apartment for quite sometime and as they saw the photo frames that were on display, they reminisce the time they had spent together.

 

"Oh my god.. That was really embarrassing!" Jaejoong exclaimed as he saw their graduation day photo.

"Ya~ Back when the time we thought everything we did was cool." Yoochun replied.

"Hey guys, remember we also took a photo together before our enlistment? And Changmin even prepared a frame for it. Hahahaha!" Yunho remarked.

 

"All in all we've been to two Jaejoong Hyung's sisters wedding." Junsu said.

Everyone looked at Junsu who came up with the most random of remarks.

"What are you looking at me for? It's true."

The rest of them shook their heads.

"Our very last proper vacation before we became busy with our work. I miss those time~~~" Yoochun said as he looked at the vacation pictures.

 

Just as they were reminiscing, the doorbell rang.

*ding dong*

Changmin went to the peephole to look at the person who was standing at the front of his apartment. He opened the door and;

"Annyeonghasaeyo In Sung Sunbae."

"Neh."

"Come in." Changmin invited his Sunbae in.

That night, In Sung was not alone.

He had brought along his friends and ex-colleagues from the services.

"I'd like you guys to meet Ji Sub-sshi and Seung Heon-sshi."

 

"In Sung Hyung~ And they are.....?" Yoochun asked.

"They are my friends. We are all your father's trainee back in those days."

"Are they in the secret services too?"

"Used to. They left before you guys came in to be trained."

"What happened?"

"Ji Sub has always been suspecting that what happened to your father was not just an accident."

"Huh? What do you mean In Sung Hyung?"

"Well... Your dad was close to the three of us. He was a Sunbae and a hyung that we respect a lot. Before we joined the services, we were in the army working under your dad during our mandatory enlistment. He guided and mentored us to the best he could. He would share his visions of a just country and a non-corrupted government. And your dad has been sharing his suspicions though not in details as I believed he did not want us to be implicated; about President Lee's rise to power from a small time businessman to a city mayor all the way to his presidency."

"Huh?! President Lee? The one that is currently our president? The one that we are serving?!"

"Yes. After our discharge, we decided to join the services to find out more about the claims that your dad has made. As time passed, our suspicions grew too. And our principles and morals were conflicted. Ji Sub left first because he could not take the idea of having to serve a corrupted president, followed by Seung Heon. I wanted to leave too until I heard from Ji Sub that you were coming in as a trainee." In Sung further explained to the boys who were listening attentively to every word he was saying. 

"Ji Sub has been working on his own along with Seung Heon. They continued to find out more about President Lee's background after they left the services. So, they advised me to stay until I've trained all of you."

"I still don't understand how the president could be the cause of my father's incident."

"I know it's hard to believe what we are saying at first. But soon you will realise it. When President Lee came into power, your father was demoted remember? To become a normal officer?" Seung Heon asked.

"Well I was still young then but if my memory doesn't fail me, I remembered In Sung Hyung came by to the house... and so?" Yoochun said recollecting his past memories.

"And we believe that President Lee has something to do with it." Ji Sub summing up the explanation.

"How is that even possible??"

"Your father, the great man he is refused to accept the fact and tried to rebel and then that incident happened." Ji Sub continued further.

"We have been trying to get information about his family ties and background because it is something that has remained a well-kept secret for years." Ji Sub explained.

"We need to figure out his weakness and we have not managed to get any information about it."

"So what do you want us to do about all this information?" Yunho asked.

"We need you to stay in the services no matter what until the truth is unveiled. Try to get to gain access to information in regards to his family. In addition, they have stopped dealing with vices such as drug trafficking and smuggling of alcohol to fund his presidency and buying off votes from top goverment officials and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter