Chapter 22

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun crept up behind her and tap her shoulder, causing Shin Hye to jump in horror with covered. Shin Hye was now getting used to stop herself from making any noise as she was afraid that she would oust herself. She turned around to see that it was Jonghyun! Despite all the effort that she had put in to stay away from him, she just had to meet him while she was on assignment.

"Are you new here?" Jonghyun asked.

Shin Hye nodded.

"I see.. No wonder I've never seen you before."

Shin Hye just smiled.

"Are you Seon Ja Ahjumma's niece?"

Shin Hye nodded.

"Ah.. Okay.. Because Omma told me about it and your situation. I hope you are okay about having to work here. It's quite tough to handle the members of the family."

Finally someone sane and nice in the house. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye just smiled.

"Seon Ja Ahjumma is a really nice lady. She cooks really good. I miss her cooking when I was away in Japan. Are you good at cooking too?"

Shin Hye shook her head.

"Eyyy~ Cannot be.. Since you are Seon Ja Ahjumma's niece." 

"But then again, anyone will lack in terms of cooking skills if they were to compare themselves to Seon Ja Ahjumma." Jonghyun continued.

Shin Hye nodded her head in agreement.

"So I guess you have been able to eat the food that she cooks?"

Shin Hye nodded.

"Orh ho~~ I'm telling Omma~~ That you ate our food~~~"

Shin Hye had a shock expression on her face and her body stiffened. 

"Hehehe. Don't worry. I was just kidding. There's plenty of food to be shared anyway." Jonghyun chuckled as he noticed Shin Hye's stiffened body. 

"Anyway what are you doing out here at night like this?"

Shin Hye then took out her notepad and wrote;

"What are you doing out here then in the middle of the night?"

"Oh I am out here to get inspiration for my lyrics. I'm a singer and a musician ya know. I might be just as popular as my brother." 

At the mention of the word brother, Shin Hye face expression changed but it was too dark for Jonghyun to notice.

"So what about you then?" Jonghyun asked her.

Shin Hye wrote it on the notepad again,

"To get fresh air since I can't sleep."

"Oh~~ Contrary to what you implied just now, it must have been really hard to work here since you can't even sleep."

Shin Hye shook her head afraid that Jonghyun might say the wrong things to his mother. 

"Don't worry. I am the nice one in the family. Actually there's another nice one in the family but he doesn't stay here."

I know that very well Jonghyun-sshi. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Speaking of that, do you know where one of the photo frame went? I assume that you clean my room too? Because I remembered it was on the shelf before I went to Japan. Now that I'm back it seems to be missing from the place that I last left it. Do you perhaps have any idea about it? Did Omma threw it away?"

Shin Hye shook her head as she wrote in her notepad in big letters as the area that they were standing at was dimly lit;

"Sorry young master, I do not know about it. I don't think your Omma threw it away."

"Really? Because she hates that photo a lot."

Shin Hye then wrote again in the notepad;

"Sorry young master, I need to get back to my room. I need to wake up early tomorrow."

"Oh sorry to hold you back. It's just that it's nice to be able to talk to someone without ending up in an argument just like it would if I were to talk to my eldest brother."

Shin Hye quickly walk back to the housekeeper's room because she was getting uncomfortable with the situation that she was in. As Jonghyun looked at Shin Hye walking away;

"She's nice just like Seon Ja Ahjumma... If only there are more nice people in the house... I wouldn't even leave for Japan." Jonghyun spoke to himself.

As soon as she got into the room, she touched her beating heart. She was so nervous when Jonghyun was asking about the photo frame earlier. She changed her clothes and laid down to sleep in order to forget about what had just happened as she had still not figure a way out to return the photo frame back to its original place.

Due to the darkness, Jonghyun did not get to look at Shin Hye's face properly. Shin Hye on the other hand was confident that her disguise was working. 

..........

When morning came, Shin Hye did the chores as per normal. As it was not time for her to clean the rooms, she helped Seon Ja Ahjumma with laying out the breakfast on her table. She did all that she could to help the Ahjumma whom she now treats like her own auntie or mother. Mr and Mrs Lee were already at the breakfast table. Seon Ja Ahjumma who was standing at the table to serve the dishes was interrupted when Jonghyun came down from his room for breakfast.

"Wah~~ Ahjummonie~~ I m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter