Chapter 15

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Shin Hye prepared herself early as she still could not decide on an outfit to wear. 

"Why is it so difficult to decide?" Shin Hye mumbled to herself.

Somehow she felt like she wanted to show them a good impression even though Min Ho said clearly for her to accompany him as a friend. 

"Hmmmm would this be a bit too much?"

"Hmmm... isn't this abit too.. well... too prim and proper like I'm going for an interview..."

Shin Hye sighed as she could not figure out what would be the best attire. She decided to go and wash herself up and the first one that caught her eyes as soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, she would put it on. 

Meanwhile, Min Ho was excited about meeting up with Shin Hye rather than going to the party itself. Min Ho decided to call Jonghyun to inform him first hand about bringing Shin Hye along.

*RRrriinnnggg!*

"Hello? Min Ho Hyung?"

"Ah Jonghyunnie~"

"What's up Hyung?"

"I'll be bring along a friend."

"Who Hyung?"

"The one you saw."

"Mwo?! Her?"

"Yes.. Why?"

"How can I ever thank you Hyung~~!!!"

"Ya.. ya... Don't get crazy ideas..."

"Ah wae~~ You're not her boyfriend right?"

"Aish~~~ Do you want me to change my mind?"

"Fine fine... You win you win... So why the sudden call Hyung?"

"Since I will be bringing her.. I need your help. Well you know right my situation... Our situation?"

"Neh.. No worries Hyung... "

After they hung up the phone, Min Ho washed himself, dressed up and prepared to head out to fetch Shin Hye. He checked his mobile phone for Shin Hye's address and drove off.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye who got out of the shower finally put on the outfit that got her attention immediately after she stepped out of the bathroom. She dried her hair and put on some makeup and perfume. She was putting in extra care to look her best. Min Ho then texted her to inform her that he would be reaching in about ten minutes. Shin Hye put on her shoes and headed out. Not having to carry her helmet around and waiting for someone to pick her up seems weird to her but not that she mind at all because she wanted to be all girly and lady-like for today.

Min Ho who was approaching her address saw Shin Hye who was pacing up and down. He could not believe how beautiful she looked. At first it was impossible to recognise her since she was not in her usual get up but Min Ho was amazed at the sight.

He drove closer towards her, stopped the car and got out of it to greet Shin Hye.

"Hi. You look... amazing today." Min Ho said while in awe of Shin Hye's beauty.

"You look good too." Shin Hye said flashing a huge smile on her face.

Min Ho opened the door of the car for her as he drove off. The atmosphere in the car was silent but comfortable with a hint of awkwardness. 

"Should we listen to some songs?" Shin Hye suggested to break the awkward atmosphere that was still lingering between the two.

"What shall we listen to?" Min Ho asked her.

"Hmmm just switched on the radio then.. "

"Sure sure..." said Min Ho as he pressed on the radio function of the player. Just then, the song that was playing at that point of time seems to struck a chord for both Min Ho and Shin Hye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4797TmKJCg

The music was meant to make them feel much more at ease in each other's company but it made them feel much more awkward then before.   Min Ho tried to switch to another song but he was out of his mind by then and was already having a hard time behind the steering wheels. Before long, the song ended. Min Ho and Shin Hye both heaved a sigh of relief, causing both of them to look at each other. But only smiles were exchange before they look away. 

They next song then came on and it did not make their situation any better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wne11Zq05q0&list=UU2KaCHuaTHRgNZdao2vD2Qw

Aigoo~~ Ottoke? Min Ho~ Get your mind straight.. Concentrate! - Min Ho's thoughts.

Is the DJ in love or something? There seem to be a lot of love songs lining up one after another uh? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

They went carried on with the rest of the trip in silence until they reached their destination. It was a mansion and it was indeed huge. There was a guard post at the front and they were let in as the guard recognises Min Ho. He drove all the way in into the driveway and parked his car. The two of them get out of the car and approached the entrance of the house with a gift he had got for his step mother. As soon as they reached the entrance, they were led towards the garden backyard where the party was held. Min Ho then placed the gift that he had bought on the table meant for the presents when he saw standing under the shade were his father and his step mother. They approached the both of them to greet. But it was not the warm welcome that they had expected.

"What are you doing here?" President Lee asked him.

"I've come to visit the both of you. And happy birthday to you."

"Who is this?" Mrs. Lee asked giving dirty looks towards Shin Hye.

"A friend." Min Ho replied trying to keep his composure as he witnessed how the First Lady was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter