Chapter 38

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So after I had cleared my head... I went back to my sister's side and as I entered the room, you, your brother and Ommoni had gone home...."

 

Flashback

Yoochun noticed that Shin Hye was alone watching television as she laughed at what she was looking at. Yoochun did not even say a word and just sat by his sister's side until Shin Hye finally turned off the television once the programme ended to have a talk with her brother. 

As Shin Hye took a deep breath, "From the way you look, I guess the doctor had already told you about my condition..."

"Yes... and you could still laugh watching a television show as if nothing happened?"

"Then what do you want me to do? Cry and be depressed?"

"That would be the most normal thing to do isn't it?"

"No. That would be the most selfish thing to do."

"Why Shin Hye? Why do you think of it that way? Why do you always think of others before yourself?!"

"Chunnie Oppa~ I have not been awake for the past two months. I've caused a lot of inconvenience towards others and their family. Let's face it we broke that family apart and turn it upside down just so we could solve our own agenda. They have been through a lot, how can I for the first time that they see me in my conscious state be all sad and crying?"

"Then why did you tell me then?!" Yoochun asked feeling frustrated.

"Because should anything happened to me, I listed down your name to handle the matters like my finances and things like that."

"Mwo?! You are appointing me as your secretary?"

"No. Just a trustworthy person that I can rely on."

"Why are you speaking as if you are going to go anytime soon?! Please don't talk like that Shin Hye~~"

"I am just facing reality and the possible reality in the future."

"Are you not going for the treatment?"

"First I have to get the scan done... then I will decide after."

Yoochun could not believe what he just heard, "Are you out of your mind Shin Hye?? What do you mean then you will decide?!"

"I will decide whether it is worth it to undergo treatment." Shin Hye answered him calmly.

Yoochun was left speechless but he never once did leave his sister's side that night.

"I'm tired Oppa.. that medication is making me drowsy. I'm sleeping.." Shin Hye lied

Shin Hye was scheduled for the MRI scan in the wee hours of the morning as the doctor did not want to delay any longer. Yoochun accompanied her all night and followed her to where the room for the scan was conducted thought he had to remain outside while the scanning was in process.

After the scanning was done, Shin Hye was wheeled back to her room by the nurse with Yoochun following her around. 

"When will we received the results?" Yoochun asked the nurse.

"The doctor will contact you then."

"Alright. Thank you."

...........

 

"Then do you remember the next day you came alone to visit Shin Hye and I refused to step out of the ward? Because I was angry at her that she was holding it all in by herself... I went back to her room and on that night too, we received the results for the MRI scan...

 

Flashback

When Min Ho had left the room after they kissed each other good bye, Yoochun entered.

"How can you go around smiling like you did the whole day?"

Shin Hye ignored her brother's words.

"Shin Hye I am talking you..."

Again Shin Hye ignored him.

"Park Shin Hye I am talking to you!"

"Wae?!"

"How can you walked around as if nothing happened?!"

"I have my reasons Oppa~"

"What reasons can you have when you are putting your life at stake yet again?"

"Whatever Oppa~ I'm tired and I want to sleep."

"There you go again. Trying to end the conversation in this manner!"

..........

Finally the moment Dr. Kim requested for Shin Hye to come by his office has come. This time, Yoochun wheeled Shin Hye towards the doctor's office.

"Hi. Thanks for coming in. Have a seat." The doctor looked at Yoochun and Shin Hye.

"Well I have the results and I can show it to you."

The doctor places the images on a lighted board so the images can be seen better.  Dr. Kim then began to explain.

"It seems that the issue is more complicated then what we had expected initially."

"What do you mean doc?" Yoochun asked with concern all over his face.

"We thought it was only a clot but it seems you have a tumour too. And both is on the right side of your brain. Have you experience sharp pains before Shin Hye-sshi? Splitting headache? Bad migraine?"

Shin Hye tried to recall. The most recent one was when she saw Min Ho's photo in Jonghyun's room that had her clutching her head. Shin Hye nodded her head as she said, "Yes. I have."

"And you let it be?"

"Yes. It goes away after a while and if it's too painful I just took painkillers."

Yoochun was already lost for words and hearing how Shin Hye has not been taking care of herself got him feeling angry mixed with regret.

"What treatments would you suggest then after this?" Yoochun who cannot hold it in any longer.

"Surgery is one of the ways. Another way is to under go a medication therapy first before surgery. The medication will help to reduce the size first. If it works, surgery may not even be needed. But the possibility of relaspe is there."

"Then we definitely go with the surgery." Yoochun promptly answered on behalf of Shin Hye.

"Chunnie Oppa~ I know you are worried but let me make my own decision."

"What else is there to consider Shin Hye~ Stop being so stubborn!"

Shin Hye ignored her brother as she turned to face the doctor.

"Dr. Kim, what are the risks involved for the surgery?" Shin Hye asked the doctor in a calm and peac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter