Chapter 18

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Months Later....

"I'm tendering my resignation Ahn Sajang-nim..."

"But your contract forbids you from doing that."

"Whatever the amount I have to pay I will."

"You need to pay back a full 2 month worth of salary if you are going to resign immediately like this."

"Alright I will make the payment."

"Okay then. I guess I cannot make you stay. Anyway, I think there's no need for you to be his bodyguard anymore since Min Ho's activities has lessened of late." CEO Ahn stated nonchalantly as if he was talking to a plank of wood without feelings.

Shin Hye took a deep breath to calm herself down to prevent her from cursing CEO Ahn outright.

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work here." Shin Hye said before she walked out of the office.

Shin Hye was at the agency real early in the morning to avoid any encounter with Min Ho or Manager Yoo. She has not been returning any of Min Ho's texts or messages. And even when she did reply it was always short and cold. She had been reporting sick to work to avoid having to meet Min Ho. And when she did report to work, a man unknown to Min Ho had been picking her up from work reducing the possibility of hanging out after work together. But as fate would have played with them again, Shin Hye saw Min Ho and Manager Yoo as she wanted to get out of the lift at the ground floor. Shin Hye did not say anything and walked past them. Min Ho excused himself from Manager Yoo and chased after Shin Hye.

"Mianhae Hyung... But I need to talk to her."

"Go ahead.. I'll see you later... Don't worry you've got some time to spare before your next schedule."

"Thank you Hyung.."

MIn Ho ran after Shin Hye. Shin Hye had purposefully parked her motorcycle away from the agency to make her presence unknown but the encounter with Min Ho at the lift lobby caused her intention to fail.

"Eun Sang-sshi...!!" Min Ho called her out.

Shin Hye walked on and refused to stop.

"Wait up~~ Eun Sang-sshi! I need to talk to you!"

Shin Hye walked as fast as possible. Min Ho did not care if it was a public place and just wanted to hear from Shin Hye who had been staying away from him for no rhyme or reason. Min Ho quickened his pace and finally managed to stop Shin Hye by grabbing on to her arm.

As he stopped, his other hand was clutching his right knee. Shin Hye who turned to face him saw that he was holding in the pain and it hurt her so bad but she reminded herself to be cold towards him.

"Shin Hye..." Min Ho said as he tried to catch his breath.

"What do you want?" Shin Hye said those words in a cold manner.

"Why are you being like this?"

I can't tell you. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Are you not going to answer me?"

Even though it hurts real bad, I can't tell you. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Do you know how sad I am when you are not there by my side? I was getting used to your presence. I even...."

"Even what?"

"I even fell for you."

Shin Hye kept quiet.

"You are not suppose to fall in love with your bodyguard." She replied curtly.

"I fell in love with Shin Hye."

"And you are definitely not suppose to fall in love with me." Shin Hye said as she removed his hands that were holding on to her.

She turned around, back facing Min Ho and walked towards her parked motorbike.

Don't let him see you cry Shin Hye. Don't. Just don't. - Shin Hye's thoughts. 

She got on her bike and rode off without even looking at Min Ho who was still standing rooted in position.

I am sorry Min Ho-sshi. But I have to do what I ought to do. I am really sorry. I rather we get hurt now then later when it will become too much to bear. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

As soon as she got back home, the men were waiting for her.

"Are you ready Shin Hye?" In Sung asked.

"Yes I'm ready."

"So tonight you'll be moving into the house. You'll start to play your role well. Jaejoong and Junsu you'll be signing the contract with them soon right?"

"Yup." The both of them answered in unison.

"Alright great. The three of you try to find out t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter