Chapter 40

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho being an early riser woke up first before the nurses made their rounds. He woke Shin Hye up from her sleep as they put their clothes on with Shin Hye still half asleep. Min Ho helped Shin Hye out with buttoning it before Shin Hye plopped herself back on the bed. Min Ho then walked towards the light switch to turn it on. As he walked back to the bed, that's when he realised that the bed sheet was stained. He panic and woke Shin Hye up...

"Baby.. Shin Hye Baby..."

"Hmm?"

"Wake up Baby.. the bed sheet is stained!"

Shin Hye sprang up from the bed and saw the blood stain on the white bed sheet.

"Ottoke baby?"

"Can I just say that I'm having my menses?"

"Is that the same?"

"How would I know... I had periods regularly but last night was the first time....."

"Aigoo~~ Shin Hye ya~~"

Shin Hye then went on to remove the bed sheet and rolled it up into a ball ensuring that the stain remained hidden.

"What are you doing babe?"

"Throw it away. Quick before the nurses comes in."

The two of them tip-toed out of the ward and quickly walked towards the garbage collection centre within the hospital. Lucky for them, there were no one around. They quickly dump it into the large bin before running off to escape.

"That was crazy~" Shin Hye remarked as they looked at each other and laughed.

Min Ho held onto Shin Hye's hand as they walked back leisurely after successfully discarding their evidence. 

They even went to 24 hours cafe that was available within the hospital compound.

 

2 weeks later...

"So far... everything is okay... but there's something I have to tell you..."

"What is it Dr. Kim?"

"Your nauseating feelings is not due to the medication that you are taking but because you are pregnant."

"Mwo?! What did you say doc?"

"Congratulations Shin Hye.. You are pregnant."

Min Ho who was accompanying Shin Hye on her first check up after deciding on going through with the medication therapy first. Min Ho was sitting beside her when the doctor delivered the news.

"Oh my gosh~ I'm going to be a dad!" Min Ho chirped.

"But then Shin Hye and Min Ho... You have to make a decision."

"Huh?!" Shin Hye answered still in a daze.

"Do you intend to keep the baby or not?"

"Huh?? What do you mean doc?" Min Ho interrupted.

"If she intends to keep the baby, she won't be able to continue with the medication therapy throughout her pregnancy."

"You can have a couple of days to think about it first... before deciding."

They thanked the doctor before leaving the office. 

They took a seat on a garden bench still dazed from the information;

"What are we suppose to do now?" 

"What do you intend to do Shin Hye? And believe me that whatever your decision is, I am here to support you.."

 

7 months later...

"Shin Hye ya~~ Are you ready yet?" Shin Hye's mother called out for her who was in the room of their house in Jeju.

"Neh Omma... But... I'm having a little difficulty to zip the last bit up.." Shin Hye replied while struggling with the zipper on her back.

"Aigoo~~ My daughter... I'm coming in okay? To help you..."

"Neh.... Komawo Omma~~"

Shin Hye's Omma came into the room and helped to zip the last bit of the dress that Shin Hye was wearing. Shin Hye then stepped out of the room and walked towards the entrance as she hurriedly put on her shoes and head out of the house. 

Yoochun who was waiting for her outside the house was nervous too. As soon as Shin Hye stepped out of the house, Yoochun could not help but to express his awe.

"Wah~~ Park Shin Hye~~ My sister~~~ My lovely baby sister... Is this for real? Are you sure you're my sister?"

"Of Course! Who else can look this beautiful?" Shin Hye said as she places her hands on her hips striking a model pose.

"Hahaha... Aigoo~~ The spunk is still intact...  Yes indeed.. You are definitely my sister.. Hahahaha..."

"And you look beautiful Park Shin Hye.." Yoochun continued.

"Komawo Oppa~" Shin Hye smiled widely.

Yoochun and their mother accompanied Shin Hye all the way to where the event will take place. Finally Shin Hye, Yoochun and her Omma reached the location where they had intended to be. 

"I'll be going in first alright? Your Appa must be waiting for me." Shin Hye's Omma told the siblings.

"Neh.. Omma.." The both of them answered in unison.

"You really look beautiful my daughter... I can never be anymore happier than this..." Mrs. Park said before she went to take her seat beside Mr. Park.

Shin Hye was getting nervous as she walked closer towards the location. Yoochun who notices that his usually confident sister was a nervous-wreck at that moment, tried to calm her down;

"Shin Hye ya~ Take deep breaths... Calm yourself down... Don't have to be nervous. I am here for you.."

"Neh... Indeed you have been there for me all this while. How can I ever thank you enough... Thank you for believing in me Chunnie Oppa~" Shin Hye replied trying to smile amidst her nervousness.

"This is the only thing I can do for you as your brother today.."

Shin Hye smiled at Yoochun.

Waiting at the end of the aisle was a man who had been standing and waiting anxiously for his bride. Accompanying him was his little brother, Jonghyun, who would be his best man for the day and had managed to successfully debut with his band in Japan after proving his worth and talent that was too valuable to be judged simply by the incident and things got better after the rave had died down. In addition, as he was promoting in Japan and together as a band helped to buffer the situation as compared to him being active in Korea.

"Hyung~~ You look real nervous today... Relax.." 

"How can I not be.. If you are in my shoes wouldn't you?"

"If I am marrying some one as beautiful as sis-in-law, I would be.."

"Ya~ She's getting married to me and you st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter