Chapter 21

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week passes by quickly. Ever since Min Ki had the encounter with Shin Hye, he was seen at home more often. Shin Hye found it weird since before that incident in the room, he was seldom home and he was never at home at the times that Shin Hye had chose to clean his room. But of late, he had been staying in his room while Shin Hye was doing her routine cleaning. He even wanted to offer his help while she was trying to reach to the top of the shelves that was out of reach without the help of a stool. Mrs. Lee does not know about it since Min Ki was not making any noise about having Shin Hye in the room and cleaning while he was occupying the room.

That morning, Min Ki even attempted to have small talks with Shin Hye.

"How long have you been working here for?"

Shin Hye had no choice but reply him in case he creates trouble for her.

Shin Hye put out six finger to indicate that she had been working in the Lee's residence for the past six months.

"Six? Six hours? Six days? Six weeks? Six months? Six years?" Min Ki asked her further.

Shin Hye wrote down six months on a notepad that she had kept with her in case she needs to convey something important. 

"Oh six months? Then how come I have not seen you before?"

Shin Hye just kept quiet and continued to do the rest of the cleaning quickly before moving on towards Jonghyun's room. She started cleaning the room as per usual but much to Shin Hye's surprise, Min Ki followed her to Jonghyun's room!

"Are you always like this?" Min Ki asked Shin Hye.

"Do you always play hard to get?" He continued asking.

Is he mad or something? What the hell is wrong with him? Why would I want to have a conversation with him? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend before?"

Don't tell me this moron fancies me now... Sh*t! Just plain sh*t! - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye kept quiet until he stopped her by holding on to her shoulder.

"Ya~ Answer me..." Min Ki continued.

Shin Hye wrote down her answer reluctantly and trying to get Min Ki off her back. 

"No I do not have a boyfriend before."

"Oh really?"

Can't you just ask all your question at once then I can write it all down? Maybe in a report format or something? - Shin Hye's thoughts who was feeling irritated.

Min Ki went back to his room quietly.

Just when Shin Hye thought that it was over and that Min Ki was not so bad afterall because of the small talks that he was attempting to make with a muted her,

"I think it must be a thrilling experience to have a girlfriend who does not talk back for a change~" Min Ki said it nonchalantly as stepped back into Jonghyun's room with Shin Hye back facing him.

Did he just said it out loud for me to hear? What's up with him and his mother?! This is indeed like mother like son. - Shin Hye's thoughts as she recalled how Mrs. Lee insulted Min Ho infront of everyone the other day that makes her heart hurts all over again.

She carried on with the cleaning trying to hold back her tears as Min Ki was still in the room. Since Shin Hye was not responding to him at all, he walked out of the room again, leaving Shin Hye alone. As soon as Shin Hye heard the door closes behind her, tears streamed down her face. She could no longer hold it back anymore as flashes of what had happened passes through her mind causing excruciating pain to the right side of her head. She fell to the floor on her knees in a praying position with her right hand was clutching her head. She remained in that position for quite sometime before she was able to stand again and to complete with the rest of the cleaning.

The day passes by as per usual in the Lee's residence. And similar to what she has been doing every night, she went to the house that she had not been able to gain access to. She walked around the place with a mini torchlight in her hand. She surrounded the old cabin in slow and small steps to ensure that no area w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter